Two Kids, One Love, Who Cares If We Make It Up?

Vanilla Lace

Slowly, my eyes opened as the scent of 'Vanilla Lace' filled my senses. The scent was innocent enough, but after last night that smell is enough to drive me crazy, because I know when I find the source of the scent, she'd be there. Almost like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Sure the rainbow is pleasant and elegant, but deep down we all want that gold, some of us more than others.

Propping myself up on my elbows, my crimson red sheet was draped over my torso effortlessly. I took a quick glance around my bedroom, there was nothing here that would lead one to assume she was here, nothing but her scent. I fell back onto my bed before glancing at my alarm clock. Ten thirty already. I growled a low noise, making me sound somewhat demonic.

Quietly, I heard my bedroom door open. I glanced over towards it to see my girlfriend walk in, fully dressed for work. Last night when I called her at eleven and begged her to come over, she clearly told me that she had to get to work in the morning, and said the only way she'll come over is if I dont make a big deal out of it.

I forced a tired smile and she returned a very loving, awake smile, "I have to get going, I'm nervous. Wish me luck on my first day of my new job."

"You'll do fine, Ducky." I sat up once more then reached for her. She walked over and gave me a hug tightly, 'Vanilla Lace' once again filled my senses as I held her close. I pushed her away slightly and gave her a loving closed mouth kiss on the lips, but the passion was still there, "Have fun,"

She rolled her eyes then nodded as she took my face in her hands, "Your parents went to the airport to pick up your extended family. Your brother is down the street at his friends. You're home alone, but your Mom wanted me to tell you she wants you up, showered and dressed, because your cousins are really looking forward to seeing you."

I made a face then nodded, "Ok, thank you for the message."

"You're welcome." She kissed me once more, "I love you, Teddy Bear."

I nodded, "I love you." I mocked as she let my face go. She walked out of my room without another word said then I heard the front door shut. Inhaling deeply, I stood to my feet, completely naked. I pulled on a pair of shorts then walked to the bathroom.

Once in the bathroom, I quickly showered too tired to waste much time standing under the warm water. As I turned the water off, I heard voices from the other side of the door, voices that belong to my family, meaning they're already back from the airport. Wrapping my towel around my waist tightly, I opened the door then slowly walked out, only to come face to face with a pretty blonde that is definitely not family.

Staring back at me with her hazel eyes, she blushed deeply, giving I am basically naked. Taking a step to the side, "Sorry," I muttered before letting her pass before I continued to walk. I turned around and looked at her with a frown, not knowing who she is, or who she even came with for that matter. Shaking my head I went into my room and growled when I saw my Brother sitting at my computer desk, "Dude, get the fuck out." I hissed.

He turned around, "You're an asshole," He spat back at me then left. I pushed him out meanly then slammed my door, locking it as I did so. Just after the sound of the slam faded, I heard my Mother shout my name a stern tone, telling me with just one word and that tone not to push my luck with her today.

Quickly getting dressed, in a pair of PJ pants and a plain white shirt, I walked out into the hallway and earned a soft grunt from what sounded like my Father. Turning my head I saw him coming out of the master bedroom, "You do know, your Mom is going to make you change, right? We're going to lunch."

"Really?' I asked, "Cant I just stay home?"

"No, go change. If I cant stay home, you cant either. Get with the program, Buddy."

I sighed then turned right back around and went back into my room to put on a pair of jeans, but kept my plain white shirt. Once again, walking out of my bedroom, I made it down the hall, down stairs and into the kitchen without being seen. Just as I grabbed the orange juice, I heard my Aunt say my name.

"John, Look at you, I swear you've grown a good foot since the last time I've seen you!" She gushed, "Give me a hug!"

I put the juice down on the counter and turned around, hugging my Mother's older sister, "You saw me like four months ago, I dont think I've grown that much since then, Aunt Linda."

"Well, it sure looks like it," She smiled then backed away, "Are you still with Peyton?"

"Yes," I confirmed with a nod.

"Where is she?"

"Work. It's her first day." I smiled softly.

"Where is she working?"

"Victoria's Secret. I had no idea she was going to work there until like two days ago when she told me she got the job. I didnt even know she was looking for a new job, but her job at the Skating rink went south."

"She got fired?"

"No, she quit." I turned around to get my juice, "There was someone she couldnt get along with," I said, putting it politely. I didnt want to say that her and her best friend had a huge bitch fight about Kellie's new boyfriend and they no longer speak to each other, and cant stand to even be in the same room together. No, my Aunt didnt need to know that.

"Your cousin brought a friend along, I want you to show them around and keep them entertained," She demanded, "Delaney hasnt seen you in about a year, plus the whole way here she was going on and on about your friend, Kennedy. The boy she met the last time she was here, she really liked him, maybe you guys can all go out or something."

I rolled my eyes to myself, "Sure," I said as I poured myself a glass of juice then sipped it.

"Are you really going to lunch dressed like that John? Cant you put a nice shirt on?" My Mom sighed.

I turned to her, "What's wrong with my shirt? White works."

"You look like you just got out of bed and tossed on clothes. Are they even clean?"

"Yes they're clean," I laughed a little then eyed her, "I'm not changing, I'm worthless today Mom. This is the best you're probably gonna get out of me."

"Did Peyton get out of here on time?" She questioned.

"Yes," I sighed.

"I'm just asking, because I know how you are. You have this way of making people late when they go in to say goodbye to you, especially Peyton. This is her first day of work."

"I know Mom."

"Is she coming back over after work?"

"Most likely. Whats with the game of twenty questions?" I frowned.

"I'm just wondering, that's all. Is that so bad?"

"Yes," I answered then put the juice back into the fridge and walked out into the back yard with my glass. Shutting the door behind me, I sat at the patio table and frowned when I saw my brother, "What the fuck are you doing?' I asked him.

He turned to me, "Making a skateboard jump, idiot."

"Does Dad know you're using his shit?" I asked, "The last time you used his things you got your ass grounded because you lost over two hundred bucks in tools."

"Yes I asked. I'm not about to make that mistake three times," He growled.

"You two are so loving, I just cant stand it." I heard the sound of my cousin Delaney say.

I turned my head to see her and the pretty blonde walking out, "Well, you know how I love my little brother. I just want to hug him until he cant breathe and toss him over a cliff." I smiled innocently, "Well, arent you looking skanky." I smiled.

"Thank you, you're looking quite white trash yourself," She sat down next to me, "This is Erin. Erin this is my cousin John, he's a cocky asshole but I love him."

"I saw him already." She said simply.

I blushed, "Sorry about that," I muttered.

She laughed, "Dont worry about it, I have five brothers. I'm definitely used to guys wakling around in just their towels."

Delaney sensed Erin's flirting and my awkwardness and sighed, "Where's your bitch?" she smirked.

"My girlfriend," I hissed, "She at work," I sipped my juice, "She'll be here later. I dont know when she gets off, she didnt tell me, so whenever she shows up or calls I suppose."

"Where's Kennedy?"

"I suppose he's at home, it's saturday morning, where are you usually on a saturday?"

"In bed,"

I just nodded then looked over at my brother, "Jake, you're doing that wrong!"

"Just shut your piehole, dick." He spat back.

"You O'Callaghan boys curse way too much." Delaney pointed out.

"I know, it's not a good thing." I eyed my cousin, "Do you think there's any chance we can get out of this lunch?"

She thought, "Well, if we go to my Mom and tell her you want to take me and Erin somewhere, I guess we could get out of it."

I thought then nodded, "Go tell her," I slowly stood up.

Delaney made a face then got up and pointed to Erin, "Be nice to her," She spat then walked back into the house. I looked at Erin and smiled softly, "How long have you been friends with my lovely cousin?"

"A while now. Since like, fifth grade."

"I havent heard of you before."

"Likewise, she never told me she had a cousin our age."

I frowned, "What a whore," I muttered then things fell quiet between us. I looked over at my Brother and shook my head, "I cant believe Mom and Dad gave me a little brother." I hissed, "A little brother who is nothing like me to top it off."

"I dont want to be like you," He growled, "Pussy whipped bitch,"

"Watch your fucking mouth!" I snapped back.

"Bite me,"

I glared at him then just gave up with him. "Alright John, we got out of lunch but we cant get out of dinner."

I stood up slowly, "Great, where do you two want to go? I have no plans at all today."

"Let's just drive around and see where it takes us," Delaney nodded.

"It's not taking us to Kenny's." I said sternly, "Besides he has a girlfriend,"

She frowned a little bit, "Lets go before they change their minds."

I nodded then walked into the house. Putting my shoes on quickly, I grabbed my wallet and my keys before hurrying out of the house with the girls following suit, none of us wanting to get suckered into a long, loud, family lunch.

I hope this doesnt turn out to be boring and a waste of my time.
♠ ♠ ♠
... And I think she's pretty, but pretty just part of the things she does that amaze me