Two Kids, One Love, Who Cares If We Make It Up?

Morning Sickness

“Why am I not the least bit surprised?” My Dad questioned over the phone with a gentle sigh, “I swear Peyton, the second that you have your mind made up, there’s no stopping you.” He laughed, “Are you sure you didn’t rape Johno?”

I laughed as I shook my head, “No Dad, I didn’t rape Johno. Are you mad?”

“How can I be mad?” He asked, “I’ve been expecting this since your freshman year of high school, I knew it was just a matter of time before that boy got you pregnant. I’m just glad that you two waited this long.”

I smiled softly, “That’s good to hear,”

“So, besides being pregnant and overjoyed about it, how are you?”

“Really good, I went to the mall and got my back at Victoria’s Secret, they weren’t really hiring but they were happy to see me back so the manager gave me my job back. Johno and I are looking around for some small apartments maybe a townhouse if we find one decent enough for what money we have. Life is amazing here, Dad.”

“I’m glad. You are right; you are definitely a Tempe kinda girl aren’t you?”

“Arizona is home,” I whispered softly.

“Well, you guys need to come out to visit before you have that baby, as much as I’m going hate it because my little girl is growing up, I want to see you pregnant.”

I laughed, “We’ll make a visit, of course.” I assured, “It probably won’t be until after summer though, Keith and Angie are moving out here…”

“And there’ll be some partying going on,”

I bit my lip, “Yeah, someone needs to keep Johno in line before he decides to set off car alarms again.”

“He has a good head on his shoulders, Peyton, but sometimes I wonder what runs through his head when he does shit like that.”

“Nothing,” I answered then sighed, “Ok Dad, tell Mom I said Hi, I love her and tell her the great news. I gotta go get showered and ready for a dinner date.”

“Dinner date, eh? Johno taking you out?”

“Sorta, his parents are making us double with Jake and his new girlfriend who happens to be Johno’s Mom’s best friends’ daughter.”

“Oh, well … that sounds like a daytime soap opera, you have fun. I love you.”

“I love you, too. Bye.”

“Bye honey.” With that, we both hung up. As I put the cordless house phone down on the counter, John walked in from the garage and tossed his keys onto the counter as he did so.

I let my eyes wander his body and smiled, holding back a laugh because he’s dressed in his blue best buy shirt and tan pants. He looked at me, “What?”

“Nothing,” I answered.

He narrowed his eyes on me, “Don’t give me that fucking shit, Ducky.”

I smiled, “You’re cute,”

Rolling his eyes, he leaned over the counter, “Give me some love,” He mumbled, pressing his lips to mine, “How was your day, my little high school drop out?”

“Um, good; I went to the mall with your mom and got my job back at Victoria’s secret,” I paused, “We then went to lunch, shopped a little … your mom got the best purse in the world today, bear. It’s amazing,”

He wrinkled his head but said nothing as he kissed me again.

“And I agreed to go on a double date with your brother and his new girlfriend.” I whispered against his lips.

John froze in place for a moment before pulling away from me and looking at me, “You what?”

“I had to, otherwise he wouldn’t have been able to go on the date.” I pointed out, “And he really likes this girls, I made him promise not to be an asshole. And his new girlfriend is Katie.”

John’s face went blank, “Katie?” He asked, “The Katie that he grew up with? The girl whose parents are fucking mental when it comes to her dating?”

I nodded.

“I swear, I don’t know why my parents ever gave me a fucking brother.”

“Because they wanted a girl, and when they didn’t get a girl with you they decided to try once more but ended up with another boy.”

John pursed his lips then tugged his tucked in shirt out of his pants, “Fucking hell, Peyton I don’t want to deal with this shit. I thought we were passed all these double dating shit?”

“Johno, man up, he’s your brother you know he’d do the same thing for you if you were in his position.”

“I’ve never been in his position,” John pointed out.

I licked my lips, “I’m wearing that black dress you really like,” I informed him.

He eyed me a bit but said nothing.

I smiled, “And I got a new pair of heels today,” I paused, “I’ll even wear those panties that you like.”

“You had me at the black dress,” He laughed as he leaned over and kissed me once more, “You drive me fucking crazy.”

“I know it.”

Walking to the fridge, he glanced over his shoulder as he opened the door, “Did you make an appointment with a doctor?”

“Yes,” I answered.

“When is it?”

“Tomorrow morning, I wanted to get in as soon as possible and they only had one opening in the next three weeks so I took it.”

“What time?”

“Eight.”

John frowned as he grabbed a bottled water then shut the door, “I have an exam in homeroom tomorrow Peyton, I can’t miss it.”

“Then don’t, this appointment isn’t really that important as far as seeing the baby goes. This one is more about me than anything. I’ll fill you in when you get home from work,” I assured him.

“I want to be there,”

“Johno, it’ll be fine you can miss one appointment,”

He shrugged then took a drink of his water, “Wanna shower with me?”

“Maybe,” I answered.

He smiled, “You know you want to,”

“I do, but I don’t want to make your brother late for his date.”

“It’s just a shower,”

“Just a shower? You got me pregnant in a shower.”

He smirked evilly as he put his water down then held his hand out, “C’mon Ducky, let’s go recreate the events that took place in that life changing shower we took together.”

I took his hand in mine and let him lead me up the stairs, “I told my Dad,”

“And?”

“And he wasn’t surprised at all.”

“My parents weren’t either, did you think they would be?”

“No … I don’t know what I thought. I figured they would at least be shocked, but no one was.”

He laughed as we reached the top of the stairs, “They have been preparing themselves for a grandchild for years now, Peyton.” He smiled at me, “My parents want us to have a girl,” He paused, “Of course my Dad wants us to have a boy too, to carry on the family name but they definitely want a granddaughter.”

“What do you want?”

He fell quiet as we walked into the bathroom together. He shrugged slightly as he let my hand drop while he went to the shower, “I don’t know,”

I shut the door, “What to you mean you don’t know?” I questioned, “You either want a boy or a girl, what’s there to know Johno?”

“I want a boy,” He answered softly.

I smiled, “Really?”

“Yeah, I understand boys … a girl would terrify me. I mean, the thought of even having a baby is crazy but a boy would just be easier.”

I smiled, “I want a boy too,” I admitted honestly, “One who looks just like his Daddy.”

John looked at me then smiled cutely, “We’re going to be parents,”

I nodded then walked over to him, hugging him, “You’re going to be an amazing Dad.”

He shrugged a little then tugged my shirt off, “We’ll see, but enough baby talk … I’m trying to put the moves on you and you’re killin’ my mood talkin’ about the baby.”

I laughed at what he said as he reached around me and took my bra off with ease, “I remember when you couldn’t get my bra off.” I pointed out.

He blushed, “I still can’t when I’m in a hurry and I get ahead of myself.”

“I know,” I laughed again as I started on his pants while he tugged his own shirt off. Stopping in the midst of unzipping his pants, I frowned when I looked up into his eyes.

“What?” He mumbled as he looked down, “You act like you haven’t ever seen me hard before,”

“I’m going to be fat when we get married,” I said simply.

His face fell, “Seriously?”

“Seriously!” I nodded as I raised my voice a little, “I’m going to be showing when we get married!”

He licked his lips, “You’re killin’ me Peyton,”

“Let’s get married this weekend, you’ll need our parents’ permission but you know they won’t say no,” I made a face, “Johno I don’t want to be fat when I get married.”

“It’s not fat, you’ll be pregnant for fucks sake, I highly doubt that counts as being fat. And will you even be showing?”

“Yes,”

“Barely,” He pointed out, “You’ll only be three months, maybe four. It’s the end of May right now, can’t you wait two months?”

I made a face, “You don’t want to marry me,”

“Not yet, no.” He agreed, “August Fifth is what we agreed to, I want that to be our wedding date, I want it to happen how we planned it to happen. That shouldn’t change just because you’re pregnant, and you wont be ‘fat’ it’s a baby bump, you’ll look beautiful, trust me.”

I eyed him, knowing I wasn’t going to get my way. I pushed his pants down, leaving him in his underwear then I pushed my own pants and panties down before getting in the shower, leaving him standing there alone. He mumbled something profound under his breath then he joined me in the shower.

The shower was nothing less than mind blowing to say the least. As John and I got ready and dressed in his room, Jake was pounding on the door every two minutes, yelling at us to hurry up because we’d be late. He’s nervous and I don’t blame him, Katie is innocent I guess. Her parents haven’t let her go on a date before, she is sheltered and she’s pretty. They only agreed to let her go out with Jake if John and I were with them, making sure everything went well.

Sitting down on the end of John’s bed with my heels in my hand, I went to put them on but John took them from me and kneeled down in front of with a loving look in his eyes. As he put my heels on for me, he placed light kisses on my legs. I smiled softly once he was done and ran his hands up my legs and onto my thighs as he leaned forward and kissed my lips.

Cradling his face between my hands, I kissed back taking in this moment of intimacy. “We should go,” I mumbled, slightly out of breath.

John frowned as he shook his head, “No,” He whispered, “Not yet,”

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pressed his lips back to mine. Loudly, there was a knock on the door, “C’mon!” Jake wailed, “They’re here!”

John pulled away from me and glared at the back of his door before standing up. He held his hands out for mine, then once my hands were securely in his he helped me to my feet.

We walked down stairs slowly, hand in hand. As we walked into the living room, I saw Katie standing shyly by the door while he Dad talked with John’s Dad. Being in one of his rare public display of affection moods, John wrapped his arms around me from behind and held me close while he whispered that he loved me in my ear.

I smiled as I leaned back into him but kept my eyes on Jake who looked completely scared out of his mind, I haven’t ever seen him this … vulnerable before. Katie’s Dad finally left, then older John turned to Johno, “Be nice,” He demanded, “Don’t be a fucking asshole,”

Johno nodded simply, “Ok,”

“Do you have money?”

“My ATM card,” Johno answered.

“Do you have money in your bank account?” His dad questioned with little patience.

“Yes,” John nodded, “I do.”

“I’ll pay you back for dinner,” His dad insisted then told us to have fun before disappearing into the kitchen where his Wife was starting their dinner.

“Alright, let’s go.” Johno demanded, grabbing his car keys before patting down his pockets, making sure that he had his wallet, “Ready?” He asked, looking at me.

I nodded, “Yes,”

He opened the door then waited for me to leave before he followed silently. The car ride to the rather expensive restaurant that Katie’s father made reservations for was quiet. The radio’s music was merely background noise as John sped through the streets of Tempe, with one hand on the wheel and the other holding my hand lovingly. I could hear the small talk from the back as Jake tried to be the perfect gentleman, it was cute. It reminded me of when Johno and I went on our first official date, it was awkward but I wouldn’t have changed it for the world.

At the restaurant, John and I fell behind a few steps, letting them have their privacy as much as possible. I looked at my fiancé and smirked, “He looks so adorable,” I insisted.

John shrugged then nodded, “I got to admit, he does know how to clean up.”

“Like his big brother,” I smiled as I nudged him.

He looked down at his ‘dress up’ clothes that still have a casual side to them, “Yeah, I’m better at it,”

“You’ve had experience and I picked out your clothes for you,” I laughed.

“Shh…” he demanded, “That’s our little secret,”

“I have to pee,” I informed him, “Really bad,”

He eyed me, “You pee a lot now,”

“I’m pregnant,”

“I thought that just occurred when you’re showing.”

“No,”

“Oh,” He mumbled then we reached the door, we walked in behind Jake and Katie then I looked around for a restroom, “Come with me,” I whispered.

“I can’t go with you into the women’s restroom, I’d get kicked out.”

I made a face, “Stand outside the door,”

“You’re a big girl, babe … you can go pee by yourself.” He kissed my forehead, “I have faith in you,”

I laughed at him as I punched his stomach playfully, “I’ll be right back,”

He nodded then pointed down the little hall where the sign was, “They’re right down there, the bathroom monster won’t get you.”

“Shut up,” I demanded hiding my smile before I hurried away. In the restroom, I did what I had to, washed my hands then suddenly, without warning I got sick in the sink. Once I was done, I made a face, thanking the heaven’s above that it was just liquid that came up and nothing else.

“Pregnant?” I heard a woman ask from behind me.

I looked over at the woman to see her at the changing station with a baby, “Yeah,”

“Morning sickness, it’s only going to get worse before it gets better,”

I made a face then cleaned myself up before I left quickly. When I found the table we were sitting at, I sat down next to John as he stared at me, “You ok?” He asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I lied, feeling like shit all of the sudden.

“Peyton, you’re pale as a ghost,” He pointed out as he leaned over caressed my face, “Are you not feeling well?”

“I’m fine,” I lied again, I don’t want to ruin the date for Jake and Katie.

John didn’t seem convinced then as a waiter walked by with a bowl of what looked like Clam Chowder but smelled awful, I felt myself gag a little before jumping up and hurrying to the bathroom once more, this time I made it to a stall.

When I felt that I could handle myself once more, I left the restroom to see that John was waiting for me, “What is wrong?”

“I’m pregnant,” I pointed out, “Morning sickness, I feel like shit.”

John made a face, “We’re going home,”

“No!” I demanded, “Jake,”

“Will live,”

“No, give the waiter your ATM car and have them do a tab or something, we can just wait in the car. I don’t want to ruin this for them.”

John pursed his lips then handed me the keys, “Here, I’ll be out there in a second, let me go tell them what’s going on.”

“Ok,”

He kissed my forehead then walked away. I hurried out of the restaurant not being able to handle the smell of the food. At John’s car, I got in the back seat and laid down across the seats.

A few minutes passed by and John got in the drivers seat and looked back at me, “Wanna change out of that dress?” He mumbled.

“Do you have clothes?”

“My gym clothes,” He mumbled, “They’re clean, I washed them last night but forgot them in my car this afternoon so I just sat Gym class out.”

“Yeah,”

He got out and went to the trunk to get his bag for me. When he came back, this time he got in the back with me and helped me change out of my dress and into his clothes.

“This feels better,” I whispered as I snuggled up to him wearing his clothes, “I felt fine then it just happened so suddenly.”

He held me close, “I’m sorry,”

I closed my eyes and exhaled, “Don’t let go,” I whispered, not wanting him to move.

“Ok,” He agreed as he shifted to get a little more comfortable. As things fell quiet between us, I slowly fell into a light sleep feeling like I’ve got the worse case of the flu around. Morning sickness is horrible, but I know it’ll be worth it in the end.