Two Kids, One Love, Who Cares If We Make It Up?

Perfect Timing?

The warm sun never felt more amazing on my skin than it does now. A light breeze made the sunny morning ideal, everything about the day was perfect. I was back home in Arizona where I belong, the weather was looking flawless, not a single cloud in sight. The plane ride that I took last night wasn’t that full, there were a lot of empty seats so I managed to get a full nights sleep, and to top everything off John finally settled on a Wedding band that he liked after months of searching for a ring that he felt was ‘perfect’.

Spinning around to John, letting my white sundress dance in the wind, I smiled happily at my fiancé. He smiled back when my gaze met his, he’s had this cute look in his eye all morning, he’s genuinely happy that I’ve moved back home and that his parents let me move in with them until we find a place of our own. Lifting my arms, I twirled about a bit more and laughed carelessly, “I have missed this place so much,” I insisted as the cool grass tickled my bare feet.

In the midst of my spinning, I was suddenly stopped when John wrapped his arms around me securely from behind me. I smiled more as I reached up behind myself and tangled my hands up in his short hair, “I love you,” I mumbled.

“I love you,” He mocked as he left a trail of kisses along the side of my neck.

I pulled away out of his arms then turned around, taking his hands in mine and I smiled innocently. He lifted our hands and leaned in, kissing my lips before backing away and swinging our hands in the space between us. I just shook my head, then made a pouty face, “I completely missed baseball season,” I muttered, “I don’t get to see you in those hot little pants that show off your ass, making it look bigger than it really is.” I smirked.

He laughed at me, “Well, maybe that’s a good thing.”

“No, it’s not at all…” I made another mock sad face, “I totally dig those pants, and they’re cute on you.”

“Well, luckily … for me, this was the last season I’ll wear them.”

“I don’t know, you hit pretty damn good … you could play minor league, not major, but minor.”

He frowned, “That’s for the ego boost, Ducky.”

“I’m just keepin’ it real,” I smirked.

Rolling his eyes, John leaned in once more and kissed my lips, “I still have school,” He whispered, “Sucks,”

I shrugged, “I have to get a job if we plan on moving out of your parents place anytime soon.”

“I have a job too,” He pointed out the obvious then looked around the small vacant park that’s a block away from his house, “It’s great to have you home.”

“It’s great to be home,” I insisted then I bit down on the corner of my bottom lip, “Let’s go back home, hop in your truck and drive down to Rite Aid.”

“Why?”

“I need to pick up something,”

“I can’t drive, unless it’s to school.” He informed me, “You may be back, and living with me but I’m still serving time for getting arrested.”

I wrinkled my nose, “You’re going to let me drive your truck?” I questioned.

“Depends, will you swear you wont run over any curbs?” He asked.

“I swear I will try not to run over any curbs,” I nodded with a cute smile, “I’ll get you an ice cream on the way home.”

He frowned then nodded with one eyebrow raised above the other, “Fine, you can drive my truck.” He mumbled then kissed my forehead, “What do you need to get at rite aid?”

I bit my lip again then smiled, “Just some make up.”

“You look better without it,” He said sternly then caressed my face, “You’ve got light freckles that look darker in the sun,” He whispered, “It’s cute.”

I smiled more then wrapped my arms around his torso loosely, looking up into his eyes as I clung to his skinny body, “You’ve never noticed them before?” I gasped.

“I didn’t say that,” He frowned, “I have noticed them, they were darker when you were younger though,” He pointed out, “Back you when had no boobs and looked like a boy in girl clothes.”

“Thanks,”

“You were still cute back then too, don’t worry.”

“You didn’t know me back then,” I pointed out.

“I’ve seen pictures,” He pushed some stubborn stray hairs behind my ear then smirked, “And besides, your boobs weren’t very big when we met.” He pointed out, “sophomore year was when they grew … a lot.”

“Pervert,” I mumbled then turned away from him and started to walk towards the sidewalk.

Laughing cutely, John ran to catch up with me before taking my hand in his, “Don’t be gone too long,” He insisted simply, “I know it hasn’t been all that long since we last saw each other, but … I want an us day.”

I smirked and nodded, “I’ll only take as long as it takes me to get there, get what I need then get back.”

“Ice Cream,” John mumbled.

“Ice Cream,” I confirmed with a smile but then fell quiet as we walked the rest of the distance to his house in peace.

After getting the keys to his truck, listening to John’s long speech about avoiding curbs, and a few intoxicating good bye kisses, I was on my way to Rite Aid, and it wasn’t for make up.

The day that John left my parents house to come home; we had goodbye sex in the shower. Both of us got swept up in the moment and forgot that I had been off of my birth control for three weeks while I was in the hospital, dead to the world. That night, I sat up thinking about it and it got me thinking. Of course I couldn’t go out and get a pregnancy test at that moment, there was no way I would be pregnant and if I happened to be, a test wouldn’t be able to detect it.

It’s been a while now, so I’m hoping that I can take a test and find out if I’m pregnant or not. I know I’m ‘rushing’ things with wanting to get married and have kids with John, but something deep down just tells me this is the right thing to do; and obviously John feels the same way otherwise he would’ve told me by now. John may be shy and awkward once in a while in our relationship, but he wouldn’t let things get this far if he didn’t have the feelings to handle this sort of commitment. Though he has expressed feelings about waiting for children, after my hospital stay things have changed between us, it’s difficult to explain but I just know that I have never felt so sure of my plans with John ever before.

The visit to Rite Aid was short and sweet, I didn’t screw around I went in to get what I was after then I got out. On the way back, I stopped at Cold Stone Creamery to get a pint of their Rocky Road ice cream before making my way back once. Back at the house, I managed to slip in and upstairs to the bathroom before John had taken the time to notice that I was even home; he was yelling at Jake for something.

Inhaling deeply, I set the peed on test, on the counter then sat down on the edge of the tub while I stared at it intently. The door to the bathroom was locked securely, John couldn’t get in, even if he wanted to; he doesn’t know how to pick a lock, thank god.

Just as I had imagined, there was a knock on the door followed by John’s voice, “Ducky?” He questioned.

“I’m going to the bathroom,” I hissed.

He growled lowly, “I don’t care what you’re doing in there,” He snapped back then I heard him sigh, “Where’s my ice cream?”

I laughed softly to myself, “On the counter,”

“Alright,” He grumbled then I heard him walk away.

As I continued to sit there, killing time, I felt a million different emotions running through my body yet I couldn’t pin point a single one. It almost felt like this was too much to handle, like at any minute I would wake up and this would all be a dream. I’d be back in Virginia Beach, hating life and wishing that I was here in Tempe.

“Ducky, it’s been like ten minutes, what are you doing in there?” I heard John knock.

I shook my head slightly, having gotten lost in my own thoughts. Making my eyes wide, I jumped to my feet before hurrying over to the counter. Staring at the test, the corners of my lips tugged up and I felt myself grin; it’s positive. I turned to the door, unlocked it then pulled it open quickly to see John still standing there patiently, “Ok,” He mumbled being taken aback by my actions.

Holding the test up so he could see it, I just grinned madly. Eyeing it intently, John frowned for a moment before his face lost it’s color and his eyes widen, “Oh god,” He said as me looked like he was about to lose his balance. He stepped into the bathroom and sat on the edge of the tub, where I had been sitting and rubbed his face before looking back at me, “You’re pregnant,”

I nodded.

“Sex in the shower,” He mumbled, remembering, “No condom,”

I shook my head, “No condom,” I confirmed.

“No birth control,”

“Nope,”

“What now?”

“We have a baby,” I answered.

“I need a drink,” He mumbled then looked at me, his color slowly but surely returning, “I love you,” He said simply.

“I love you,” I mumbled back as I tossed the test into the waste bin and walked over to him, running my fingers through his hair, “Let’s not get our hopes up though, ok?” I whispered, “I may have another miscarriage.”

“Don’t talk like that, if you start talking like that you’re just going to bum me out and then with our luck it’ll happen. Let’s think happy thoughts, like where are we going to put the baby when it’s born because I don’t think we’ll manage to get our own place in nine months. Give or take a month.” He mumbled.

I shrugged, “We’ll get through it, Bear. We always do.”

“I know,” He stared up at me then stood to his feet, “I know,” He whispered again then kissed my forehead, “I guess, deep down I knew what we were doing, I knew that it could ultimately lead to pregnancy,” He said softly as he frowned, “I had condom’s in my bag, I knew they weren’t giving you your birth control at the hospital.”

I smiled, “Are you telling me you knew you knocked me up?”

“I knew that this may happen,” He insisted, “It’s all I thought about on the plane ride home.”

I just smiled a little more then pouted my lips wanting him to kiss me. He lowered his head and kissed me lightly before backing away, “I think I need to take the trash out before someone finds that before we want them to know.” He said simply as he picked up the waste bin, “I’ll be right back,” He assured, “I already put a movie into the DVD player in my room,”

“If it’s porn, I’ll kill you.”

“It’s not, it’s Toy Story.” He smiled simply then kissed my temple, “Go get in bed, I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Toy story, what the fuck Johno?”

“Don’t ask,” He laughed then walked away out of the bathroom and down the hall, making his way downstairs. While walking to John’s room, I smirked softly knowing that this is it, we’re finally starting our family. It may be a little backwards and we may be a little young, but everything will work out in the end.