Champion, or Chumpion?

Chapter 4

“Ok, so the rumba is the dance of love,” Honey said, looking at Nick. “And since we have five whole weeks of practice before we have to do it on the show, I don’t think we should start working on the dance yet, cause if we do it’s gonna be really awkward. I think we should probably take today to get to know each other a little bit better if that’s ok with you,” she explained to Nick, noticing how perfectly Derek’s shirt showed off all of his muscles.

“Ok, that’s cool.” Nick looked at her and raised one eyebrow, making Honey laugh. “The dance of love?” he asked skeptically.

She rolled her eyes; boys. They just didn’t get the ‘dance of love’ thing. “You want me to show you?” she asked him mockingly. He nodded, smirking. Honey sighed and grabbed his hand, spinning towards him as she hit the ‘play’ button on the stereo remote. Honey remembered some of Brooke and Derek’s choreography from last season and hit the ‘fast forward’ button repeatedly until she got to the song No Air by Jordin Sparks.

I can do the moves so much better than Brooke, she thought, laughing to herself as she pressed her hands against Nick’s chest and moved his hands to her hips.

She got even closer to him and he grabbed her hands, almost reading her mind. Honey’s knees bent and she slid her body down his, with her face practically pressed against his abs. Nick pulled Honey back up and wrapped his arms around her waist. She spun around and he pressed his body up against hers.

“You know, you’re much better than Brooke,” Nick said, reading his partners mind once more.

Oh. So that’s how he knew the moves. He had seen Brooke and Derek do it last season.

I probably shouldn’t have started with Nick like this, it's slightly awkward, Honey thought to herself. Nick was holding her so close that she could feel his breath tickling her neck. Honey smiled, knowing that this is what every fan girl desperately wanted and she couldn’t help feeling a little smug.

She also couldn’t help but feel Nick’s hand slide down her torso, past her belly button, over her hips, and stop at a point right above her knee. Honey slowly extended her leg above her head and Nick smiled. The two teens were pretty much winging it now; this definitely wasn’t part of Derek’s choreography. Nick still had one arm around Honey’s waist and slowly lifted her off the floor. Wow, this boy sure is strong, Honey thought. He spun her around in a circle, and he was still smiling.

Until he lost his balance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally another chapter! Sorry for the wait!