Traitor to My Heart

Regrets & Romance

There we laid, naked, on the couch, wrapped in each other's arms. Everything would have been perfect if I was embracing Oli, not Curtis. My stomach was fluttering with disgust and danger mixed with a strong, passionate feeling. I had just had sex with my boyfriend's best friend. And I loved all of it.

To be honest, Curtis was the best fuck I'd had in a long time. Passion wasn’t new with Oli and I anymore, not after being together for more than a year so the sex between him and I wasn’t as new or exciting anymore. But Curtis was something I never had before and he left me wanting more as I laid there in his arms.

I hurriedly put my clothing back on and turned on the television. Curtis was lazily putting his jeans on and it was ten minutes away from when Oli said he'd be home. Knowing that Oli was either always early or late scared me because I did not want him to find a half naked Curtis on his couch with me.

Guilt was getting to me as Curtis pulled his orange shirt over his head and walked over to my spot on the couch arm, across from the door. He pulled up and close to him, his hands putting pressure on the small of my back. He kissed me deeply when I heard the lock click in the door. I quickly pulled away from Curtis and sat on the couch as he pretended to look for a movie on the shelf.

Oliver walked in looking beat and flopped on the couch next to me. "Hey guys. Fuckin' hate the blokes at work. They're saying out shit isn’t good and that my idea for the 3D shirt is stupid."

Oli murmured on about the guys at Drop Dead and put his head on my lap as Curtis asked, "Movie, mate?" and sat down next to me. All three of us on the couch together made me anxious. If only Oli had known what Curtis and I had been doing on the very same couch a half hour before. My stomach flipped.

"Nah. Let's go out and party, yeah?" Oli suggested. Curtis nodded and walked off to change as I contemplated going out or not. "How about you, love? You want to go out? We can get fucked up. How about it, Julz?"

I smiled at Oli and agreed even though I didn’t feel like going anywhere; I did feel like drinking a lot. Maybe I'd forget for a few hours that I just cheated on my boyfriend.