Winning the World at a Carnival.

Chapter 15.

“Shane? Haley?” Brendon squeaked, staring at the pair. They smiled at him.

“Hey Brenny, you miss me much?” Shane winked at him. “We thought we’d just come up to visit for a day or two.”

“If it‘s ok with you, that is.” Haley added.

In the other room, Spencer’s eyes widened. She couldn’t let them know about her change, it was supposed to be kept a secret. Ryan rubbed her arm and kissed her cheek. Spencer looked round at him.

“It’ll be fine, Spin.” He whispered. “They’ll understand.” Spencer nodded and felt her hands begin to shake.

Brendon walked in, Haley and Shane trailing behind and they froze upon seeing Spencer.

“Spencer? What the fuck?” Haley exclaimed.

“Hi you two.” She gave a little wave.

“What? Spencer, that’s you?” Shane asked, looking at the drummer before looking at Brendon for an explanation.

“It’s not my place to tell you guys.” He told them.

It was then that Spencer spoke up, explaining everything about her change, about everything that had happened in the last few weeks. Shane and Haley listened to her intently, not interrupting once.

“So, you’re going to stay this way forever now? As a girl?” Shane asked, after Spencer had finished explaining.

“Yeah. This is me now.” Spencer said quietly, holding Ryan’s hands. She closed her eyes, waiting for any ridicule she would get from the couple.

“Well, at least I have a girl I can talk girly with while I’m up here.” Haley said, excitement in her voice. “And even better that it’s someone I’ve known for years.”

“You… you’re ok with this?” Spencer asked, her eyes opening as she looked up.

Haley nodded enthusiastically. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

Shane nodded in agreement. “Yeah, I mean, you’re still Spencer, you’re just a chick now as well.” Then he wrinkled his nose. “Dude, do you have to do the whole… ‘time of the month’ thing?”

Brendon, Jon and Ryan all groaned. “Please don’t remind us about that.” Brendon covered his face. “I’m hiding in the forest next time.”

Spencer pouted. She hadn’t thought that she’d been that bad. Ok, so she may have thrown her drumsticks at Brendon’s head and threatened to throw a cymbal next if he didn’t stop annoying her, but that was the worst. “You’re all mean.”

“Babe, I can deal with it. I’ve seen worse bitches.” Ryan told her.

“You mean like when Brendon fucked up Spencer’s white loafers and she flipped out?” Jon asked.

Spencer pointed her finger at Jon, glaring daggers. “That is a moment we will never talk about again, Jon Walker. Got it?”

Jon gulped. “Got it.”

“You’ve got your boys whipped, honey.” Haley giggled. “I need to take some notes.”

“Yeah, so why didn’t you guys tell us about what had happened? Spencer told us yesterday what happened with you guys.”

Haley and Shane both blushed. They explained how it had started for both of them. Haley had met Shane backstage at one of their gigs a few months previously and had instantly liked him, but thought he didn’t like her. She’d spoken to Spencer about it, who proposed the fake dating idea. Although they didn’t even have to bother. Shane told Haley that he’d wanted to ask her on a date, but then she had started dating Spencer.

“So, tell us something, Shane. Why you didn’t tell us that Haley was your girlfriend then?” Brendon asked.

“I knew you didn’t know about the whole Spencer thing, so I didn’t want to tell you I was dating Haley and have you think she was some sort of slut, like dating Spencer then me.”

“Oh, thanks Shane.” Haley shoved his arm, pouting, but her eyes gave it away that she was joking.

“Joking, sweetie.” He kissed her nose.

“Aww, you two are like, so cute.” Brendon cooed at them. “But Spencer and Ryan are pretty cute as well.”

“Yeah, it took you guys long enough. I was wondering if you would ever get together.” Haley said.

“Bren and Jon got together too.” Ryan said.

“Well I can’t say I’m surprised about that.” Shane chuckled. “Wanna tell us how this all happened then?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So Hannahh decided she wanted this more than Lips Of Deceit, which I was going to update tonight, but Hannahh has spoken. Therefore, no Lips tonight.

Comments?

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo