Winning the World at a Carnival.

Chapter 16.

After a long talk between all of them, they all decided to go to sleep. Shane helped Brendon and Jon put the sofa bed up, while Haley sat next to Ryan and Spencer.

“So, you really are like this for good now?” She asked.

Spencer nodded. “Yeah. Still haven’t quite told my family though. I guess I should, in the next few days. Before my birthday at least.” Spencer’s birthday was in 8 days time, while Ryan’s was 3 days before. “You guys should stay up here for that. I mean, we can have a sort of half party, since there won’t be enough people for a full party. We could get Pete and Trick up here too. Other than that, no one knows about me.”

“Yeah, I’ll talk to Shane about it tonight, but that should be fine.” Haley smiled at her ex and Ryan. “It’ll be fun.”

“Yeah, just hanging out, Guitar Hero, a few drinks, it’ll be good to just do that, no rehearsing or practices.” Ryan said, putting his arms around Spencer.

“Well, since this happened, we’ve had a lot more to do, since Ryan found inspiration in me.” Spencer grinned.

Haley raised an eyebrow. “Explain?”

Ryan told them that he’d written some songs about Spencer, and about how now she was different on the outside, she was still the same old Spencer Smith on the inside. Haley cooed, saying that it was so cute.

“We’re done guys.” Brendon said, wrapping his arm around Jon’s waist.

“Right, then we’re heading upstairs. We’ll talk more tomorrow, yeah?” Spencer said to Haley and Shane.

“Yeah. You can show me how awesome your wardrobe is now.” Haley and Spencer giggled.

The next day, Spencer and Ryan came down to find the others on the deck, coffees in hand and laughing at something Shane had said.

“Morning guys.” Spencer said.

“Morning! Sleep well?” Jon asked.

Spencer nodded, smiling. “Really well thanks.” She replied.

The six of them hung out that day, Panic playing the songs that Ryan had written to Haley and Shane to get opinions on them. Pete also rang that day to see if he and Patrick could come up for Ryan and Spencer’s birthdays. They would be leaving the cabin just a week before Jon’s birthday, so Pete was arranging for a big party in Chicago for him.

Pete also wanted to hear the songs that they had now. This included the recently written Nine In The Afternoon, Mad As Rabbits and I have Friends (In Holy Spaces). The latter was written by Brendon, who after Jon found the lyrics, showed them to Spencer and Ryan and demanded that it be included on the album.

Brendon had told them he had a couple of other ideas too, full songs written even, to which Ryan was a little snappy after. Spencer pulled him out onto the balcony and demanded to know why he was acting that way.

“I’ve always written the lyrics, and now Brendon’s writing lyrics, does anyone need me for the band anymore.” Ryan said, looking down at his feet.

“You are this band, Ry. You’ll always be needed. Just because Brendon’s written some lyrics doesn’t mean we’ll ask you to leave. We all need you in this band, and although your lyrics rock, it’s not just because of them.” Spencer kissed Ryan gently.

“Really?”

“Would I say it if I didn’t mean it?” Spencer whispered.

They heard a snap of a camera, two snaps in fact, and looked round to see both Shane and Jon with their cameras, grinning.

“Sorry, we had to do it. It was a cute moment.” Shane grinned.

“Ready to come back yet?” Brendon asked from Jon’s side.

Ryan looked at Spencer and smiled. “Yeah, I’m good.”

When they performed the songs to Pete and Patrick, they were more than impressed. Pete told them that they’d outdone themselves on them, and that Brendon’s lyrics were amazing. Spencer took Ryan’s hand and rubbed her thumb over it. Ryan glanced at her and she smiled at him.

“So, Spin, what’re we doing for your birthday tomorrow?” Pete asked, stretching out on the couch later that week.

“I don’t know.” Spencer answered truthfully. “I have no idea.”

“How about some of your close friends, your boyfriend and some alcoholic beverages.” Pete grinned. Spencer nodded and grinned back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, how it's been so long, I'm so sorry I've been gone, I been writing fics for YOU!

Yeah, I'm sorry it's been a while. But I promise I won't leave it as long next time.

Please, if you love girl!Spencer, leave a comment. thankies.

Much Love!

D!ATD xoxo