Winning the World at a Carnival.

Chapter 17.

When Spencer woke the next morning, she felt… different. Like she had…

Her eyes widened as she took a look at her body, grabbing her once long hair, now short like before. She was a guy again.

“Ryan!” He hissed. “Ryan, wake up!” He poked Ryan in the shoulder.

“Was’up Spin?” Ryan grumbled, opening his eyes. Then they widened when he saw Spencer. “Spencer, you’re…”

“A guy again, yeah I know. I kinda figured it out.” Spencer ran a hand through his hair and looked back down at his body. It seemed strange that after nearly two months as a woman (and two bouts of PMS, which he would never mock a woman for having again) that he had a completely flat chest, stubble on his face and, oh yeah, a dick.

“Wow.” Ryan said softly. “It’s weird, seeing you like this again.” He said, running his fingers along Spencer’s chin.

“Are you…” Spencer bit his lip. He didn’t know how to phrase the question. “Us, Ry. Is this too weird for you now? Please say no.”

Ryan didn’t say anything, just kept trailing his fingers along Spencer’s chin before he placed one bony hand on Spencer’s shoulder. Spencer thought that he was going to tell him ‘yes, this is too weird, let’s stop seeing each other’ but the lyricist leant forward and captured Spencer’s lips in a hungry kiss.

Spencer kissed back, celebrating profusely inside that Ryan still wanted him. Spencer, of course, didn’t care if he was a woman or a man, his feelings for Ryan had never changed, not since he first fell in love with his friend at the age of 13. Ryan pulled him closer and put his face into Spencer’s neck, breathing deeply.

“I love you Spence, and nothing will ever change that.” Ryan mumbled, his voice muffled by Spencer’s shoulder. “I told you when we got together that I wanted to ask you out before, but I realised that I just wasn’t gutsy enough. But now I am. I loved you when you were 9, I loved you through our teen years, I loved you when you turned back into a woman and I most definitely love you now.” Ryan pulled away from Spencer’s shoulder to grin at him. “I’m not leaving, never Spencer Smith.” Spencer pulled the older man on top of him.

“I love you so much, Ry.” Spencer kissed him again, feeling himself grow hard as he ground against Ryan’s length. “Shall we go tell the others-”

“Uh, no way Smith. You’re not leaving me with a problem like this. You can sort this out first.” Ryan said, pushing against Spencer’s dick. Spencer’s eyes rolled back. Fuck, he’d forgotten how good that felt. The two of them kept grinding against each other, keeping their moans quiet with each other’s mouths.

Within a few minutes, Spencer had come, Ryan following a minute later. Ryan climbed off the drummer and kissed him again. “So, happy birthday.” He grinned. “Shower?” He asked. His answer came in the form of Spencer’s huge grin.

Spencer decided to just announce his return to manhood to everyone by putting on a pair of sweats, no shirt, and walking downstairs.

Everyone was eating breakfast and they only noticed Spencer and Ryan’s entrance when Brendon looked up at them and squealed, “Spencer! You’re a real boy again!”

Everyone turned suddenly to look at the couple and their jaws all dropped. “Holy shit! Did you guys go to a carnival and-”

“Nothing like that, Jon.” Spencer said. “I just… woke up like this.” Spencer told them. It was all he knew at the moment, so it wasn’t like he could tell them any more.

“Well, at least that’s something for your birthday.” Haley said, smiling. Happy birthday by the way.”

Spencer grinned as they all said the same thing to him. Ryan squeezed his hand and smiled, kissing his cheek.

After Spencer had rung Pete and Patrick to tell them he had changed back, he walked into his bedroom to change for the night they were now planning on having. They were going to go find a restaurant to have dinner at, then come back to the cabin for Guitar Hero and drinks. Then as he was about to look for a shirt to change into, he found a note, one with handwriting he didn’t recognise. He frowned and opened up the note, reading.

Spencer,

You will have noticed that over the last few months there have been some changes for you. And you will know the reason.

Today, you have changed back as you have now spent 10 years male and 10 years female. But here now you have a choice.

You must decide within a month whether you wish to spend the rest of your life male or female. Up until the moment you choose, you will have the ability to change between each gender. But you cannot change more than twice in a day or you will be stuck for the next 24 hours.

Choose wisely in your decision, Spencer.


It wasn’t signed, but Spencer reread through until it really sunk in. He had a month to decide whether he wanted to be a guy or a girl. For the rest of his life.