Winning the World at a Carnival.

Chapter 18.

Spencer reread the note once more before shoving it into a pocket of his hoody. He would deal with that after tonight. For now, he just wanted to spend time with his friends and his boyfriend.

They found a small Italian restaurant in town and they all enjoyed the meal, being the loudest table there. Spencer had so much fun with his friends that he almost forgot about the note he had received that afternoon. Almost being the most important word in that sentence.

He couldn’t get it out of his mind completely, but he managed to distract himself enough to not worry about it for now.

That was, however, until they returned to the cabin and Ryan wanted to borrow one of Spencer’s hoodies. Spencer didn’t question the fact it was quite warm, he knew that Ryan liked to snuggle in Spencer’s hoodies sometimes for no reason, and told him to grab the one of his bed.

It wasn’t until Ryan came back in the room 10 minutes later, without the hoody but a piece of paper in hand that he realised just what hoody he had told his boyfriend to get.

“Uh, guys, I just gotta go talk to Ry.” He said hurriedly, seeing the blank look on Ryan’s face. He stood up and dragged Ryan up to their room. As soon as he closed the door, Ryan began to speak.

“Why didn’t you tell us about this earlier, Spencer?” He waved the note around, “Maybe, just maybe, we would have liked to know about this. You know, seeing as we’re your friends and, oh, I’m your boyfriend!”

“I was going to tell you Ry, I was going to tell all of you-”

“And when exactly were you going to?” Ryan shouted.

“Tomorrow!” Spencer shouted back. He knew that Ryan could argue like a bitch, but so could he. And, in his defence, he’d done nothing wrong. He had genuinely decided that he was going to tell the others about the note the following day. He just wanted to spend one whole day without any worries, but it looked like Ryan wasn’t going to let that happen.

Ryan rolled his eyes. “Yeah, like that’s not just an excuse, Spence.”

Spencer growled. Ryan knew how much he hated that nickname, and he was using it now most likely to try and anger him more. And unfortunately for the sensible part of Spencer’s brain, he let it get to him.

“Don’t fucking call me that!” Spencer snapped at his boyfriend. “You know how much I hate being called that!”

“Get over it, Spence, it’s a fucking name!”

Spencer slapped Ryan round the face. “You know what? Fuck you, Ross!”

Ryan smirked at Spencer, his cheek already red. “You slap like a fucking girl.” He snarled.
Spencer decided enough was enough. He punched Ryan and with that last motion, he opened the door and ran out of the cabin, ignoring the voices of his friends asking what was wrong. He ran out into the trees, wanting to get as far away from Ryan fucking Ross as he could.

20 minutes later, he was sat by a lake, only the moonlight keeping him from total darkness. He was throwing stones into the water.

When his phone lit up and started ringing, he looked at it, seeing Patrick’s name on the screen. He answered the phone, mumbling a greeting.

“Want to tell me why Ryan is currently on the phone to Pete, terrified that he’s driven you away?” Patrick said calmly. Spencer could hear Pete in the background, talking to apparently Ryan.

“He overreacted about something and took it too far.” Spencer said gruffly, throwing another stone in the water.

“I’m sure he didn’t mean it.” Patrick tried to reason.

Spencer shook his head, not caring that Patrick couldn’t see it. “No, I know Ryan and I know that he meant it.” Spencer sighed. “Look, today, after I called you, I found this note.”

Patrick listened as Spencer explained what had been written in the note and Ryan’s reaction to it. He was silent for a few moments after Spencer stopped talking.

“Ok, so Ryan may have been in the wrong, from what you’ve told me, but you shouldn’t have left the cabin.” Patrick said calmly. “Head back there-”

“What, so I can be insulted again?” Spencer snapped, then sighed. “Sorry Trick, I didn’t mean to snap.”

“I know, it’s ok. Just… head back there, both of you sleep on it tonight, then maybe things will be better when you’ve both got a clear mind.”

“Yeah, maybe.” Spencer muttered. “Ok Trick, I’ll head back. Thanks for listening to me.”

“You know that I will always listen to any problems or anything you have, Spencer. Now go back. I’ll call you tomorrow.”

Spencer and Patrick said their goodbyes and Spencer hung up, looking up at the near full moon. He sighed and stood up, dusting off his jeans and heading back to the cabin.
♠ ♠ ♠
I post because Hannahh wanted me to.

Te amo.

D!ATD xoxo