‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 22.

Pulse quickened, mouth dry, eyes wet, about to die.
"Yes Ronnie, I will marry you, just not yet, lets get used to this whole family life thing first okay?" HE nodded and I looked around the room there was pictures of Caitlyn up and I felt bad for Ronnie, I knew he wanted to fix things between the two of them, he never wanted to be on bad terms with people. "Hey, I am going to Max's for a bit." I nodded and held my breath. Somewhere deep in my gut I knew something was about to happen. It was never this calm before, it could only mean bad things.

I put Katie in bed and glanced nervously at the clock, it was already past one in the morning and Ronnie still was not home. I paced around the living room and jumped when there was a sudden crash and the door flew open. "Hey baby!" Ronnie said. "Oh my gosh Ronnie, are you high?" He nodded and looked around. "As a fucking kite and man it feels good." I glared and grabbed Katie out of her bed. "Clover, what are we doing?" "We are going to stay at my house tonight." She nodded and laid her head back on my shoulder and fell asleep. I pushed past Ronnie and grabbed the door handle. "Please baby, let me explain." I turned around and glared at him. "No Ronnie, I will not allow you to explain. I say no to the urge to use every damn day and all of a sudden I have to be a parent and that makes it alot hardewr than you think, and then with you coming up in here like this, no Ronnie. Call me when you come down." I whispered harshly, trying not to wake Katie up. I climbed into my car and placed Katie in the passenger seat and drove away fighting angry tears away.

I put Katie in bed and walked to the living room and glanced at the phone. I picked it up and dialed the only people I wanted right now. "Hello?" "Nicky, bring Shauna and Jen, I am at my apartment, I am a mom, and Ronnie is higher than hell." "Okay, we will be there in a few minutes."

The door burst open and the three girls appeared with different things. Nicky had a case of cd's, Jen had ice cream, and Shauna had the Dark Knight in her hands. I smiled and we made our way to the couch. I glanced at the clock casually. Three a.m. There were no questions asked and there were no answers, but as I looked at them I knew they were hiding something. "Okay I give up, what is it?" They looked amongst themselves and Shauna finally sighed. "I think you should call Ronnie. He had a rough afternoon." "What happened?" "It is not our right to tell you." Jen said looking at Nicky who was wearing an oddly cold expression. "So, well we are all here, anything you want to talk about?" I was looking at Nicky hoping she was goign to tell us. "Curtis and I are having problems." I looked at Shauna my eyes wider in disbelief. Jen looked at her with shock. "Why?" "I dont know, there is something going on and he wont tell me what, it is something to do with Oliver and he wont tell me. It is really eating him up and everytime I try and talk to him about it he yells at me about how I am trying to tear them apart." I looked at Nicky who was suddenly crying. "What the hell is going on Nicky?" She looked at us and wiped away her tears. "Oliver is cheating on me, I saw him and Celsy from high school at a resteraunt kissing, and he was rubbing her stomach, I think she is pregnant." I sighed with sympathy. The Dark Knight played in the background and we all looked at Jen. "No, it is all good here." We laughed and turned our attention to the television until we fell asleep.

I woke up and looked, the others were still asleep and I decided to take their advice. I grabbed my phone and walked outside and dialed Ronnie's number. "Clover, Oh Clover I am so sorry, I promise I will never do it again." I smiled before muttering my hello's. "What happened Ronnie." There was a pause and I waited and when he started sobbing I felt alarmed immediately. "Uh, I went to Max's and well, they kicked me out of the band." I fell silent and my thoughts began to swirl. Ronnie loved that band, everything seemed to be going to shit. "Well, it is not Max's desicion." I said with firmness. "Everyone agreed the band would be better without me." I sighed and told him I would call him back and I called Max. "Hello? Hey Clover, I guess Ronnie told you?" "Yeah Max he told me. And I want to tell you something." "What is that?" "I am coming over now and I am going to kick your ass, and when I am done, so is our friendship." "Please Clover dont be like that." "No, I will be like that. Ronnie got fucked up last night because of you. What happened to you two? You used to be best friends what is going on?" "Why dont you call Ronnie and ask him, and while your at it, ask him what happened between him and Rider when you left." I hung up and sighed before calling Ronnie back. "Please do not tell me you fucked my sister when I left this last time." There was silence on the other and I gulped. "How many times?" "Clover I-" "How many times?" "Three." "I was gone for two days Ronnie, she is married. How could you?" "Clover I-"
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please.