‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 23.

I bit down hard on my bottom lip. It was all I could do to keep from going off on Clover. She had the nerve to bitch because I slept with Rider? Did she not realize she was the one that left me. The one that pushed me to this. I would have never slept with Rider if I knew I had the chance to be with her again. But she made me think I had no chance and that she had moved on for good. Here I was letting her move in with me. Saying I wanted to start a family with her. Something I never wanted to before, but I changed all of that just for her. I was not going to let her make me feel bad this time.

"Clover I'm so damn sorry that you hate your sister. But I'm not sorry that I fucked her. You know why?"

"Why?" She yelled.

"Because you fucking made me do it! You prance your ass around like you're perfect and you don't make mistakes. Then I try to let you know I love you and I only want you, and all you can say is you've fucking moved on. That you don't want me anymore? Hell yeah I slept with her, but that's only because you put on once convincing act that you were over me." I looked her over. "In fact why the hell does it matter? You think you can run around and screw who you want when we aren't together. But when I do it then it's wrong? I'm sorry Clover but you got things all wrong. It's time for you to snap out of your little dream world and face fucking reality."

"I-I." She closed her eyes tight. "I just need to be alone for a little while."

"Take your fucking time." I growled and grabbed my coat. "Just know that the games are over Clover. I'm not going to bend over backwards to try and satisfy you. God knows thats all I've been doing lately. All you do is think your better than everybody else, and that you don't have to make any sacrifices. It's time for you to start."

I left her standing there with tears falling down her cheeks. I never wanted to hurt Clover, but I was sick of it all. I was sick of being the bad guy. The one that causes the relationship to end. It wasn't just me, she had a part in it to. Clover just never liked to think of herself that way. Everything was supposed to be my fault. It never occurred to me that she had such a distrust in men. I knew she went through a lot when her parents got divorced, but I wasn't her father and she knew it.

Where I was going; I didn't know. All I wanted was to get high, it always helped my problems go away for a little while, but that wasn't me anymore. I didn't run off and do drugs to mask my problems. I faced them. Right now the only thing I could do was drive around for a couple of hours and give Clover her space. She needed to let my words sink in. She needed to realize that I was right, whether she wanted to or not. If she couldn't accept that then I guess it would be the end of us. It would be very hard for me to finally let go, but if thats what she wanted. My cell phone started to go off and I dug around for it. I couldn't seem to get the damn thing out of my pocket. I pressed my knee to the bottom of the steering wheel to keep it straight while I used my hands to locate my phone. When I flipped the phone open I heard a loud crash and then everything went black.

"How is he?" The female voice asked.

"He seems to be doing fine, but we aren't sure when he'll wake up. He took a hard hit to the head."

"It's my fault." She sobbed. "If I hadn't called him then we would be at home making up right now."

A sharp pain ran through my head and I knew what was going on. My car had slammed into a tree and I hit my head. It was stupid of me to try and drive with my knee's. It wasn't Clover's fault at all. I was still really pissed at her, but all I wanted to do was comfort her. Let her know it wasn't her fault and that I would be okay. I opened my eyes a little and felt another pain. The light was really bright.

"Ronnie." Clover smiled running over to me. "I'm so sorry. I never wanted any of this to happen to you."

"I'm sorry for what I said." I whispered. "I don't want to hurt you, but I needed to tell you the truth."

"Don't worry about that." She ran her fingers through my hair. "We'll talk about all that later. Right now you need to rest."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?