‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 3.

I woke up the next morning with the sunlight in my face. I groaned and pulled the covers over my head. Caitlyn had gone to work and now I was alone. I slid my feet onto the hard floor and slowly headed for the bathroom. When I looked into the mirror I was shocked at what I saw. It wasn't Ronnie Radke, It was a complete stranger. I tore myself away from my reflection and got into the shower. I quickly washed my hair and got out with a towel wrapped loosely around my waist. After I got dressed I had nothing to do.

I made myself breakfast in the kitchen and stared at my phone. I had done this a lot the passed month. I still had Clover's number programmed into my phone, I just wasn't sure if she changed it. I would find her number push the call button, and then the end before it even got the chance to ring. I was scared that she would answer, but then again I wanted to hear her voice. I sighed and pushed the call button, but this time I didn't end it. The first ring came, and then the second, and third. Then out of nowhere she answered. She was silent for a moment and I could hear her breathing.

"Hello?" She asked her voice shaky. I could tell she was confused. "Ronnie is that you?"

I froze. Her voice was just like I remembered it, and her saying my name was all I needed to hear right now. I didn't know if I should strike up a conversation, or just hang up. If I hung up there was always the fear of her calling back. So I did the first thing that popped into my mind. "Jackson what are you doing with my phone?" I said holding the phone as far away from me as possible. I hung it up and sat it on the counter, praying that she wouldn't call back and fell for my lame cover-up. After ten minutes passed by I knew I was safe. I wondered around the house in a haze. I was bored out of my mind and had nothing to do. Monte would be spending the day with Clover and everyone else were spending time with family.

I walked into the living room and went through the television, only to be disappointed with re-runs. I pulled my phone out again and called Oli's house. We weren't ever really good friends, but right now I just needed someone to hang out with. After finally finding Oli's number in my phone I called him. I just wanted to learn more about Clover, I wanted to know how she was doing, and I could get that all from Oli. He was her best friends boyfriend.

"Hello?" A girl answered.

"Um, Oli around?" I asked.

"Oh hey Ronnie. Everyone is in the living room. Do you need something?"

"This isn't Nicky." I said not sure who I was speaking to.

"No It's Jennifer."

"Oh, Well I was wanting to come over."

"That would be great." She laughed and mumbled Matt's name. "Were all just hanging out and it would be great for you to join us. Is Caitlyn coming?"

"She's at work. I'll be there in like ten minutes."

I put my phone back into my pocket and hurried outside. This was even better. Everybody Clover possibly had contact with would be at this house. I started my car and drove in the direction of Oli's house. The first thing on my list was to figure out where she was living. I wasn't going to drop in and ruin her life. I just wanted to drive by and see if I could sneak a glance at her. When I pulled into the driveway, I saw just about everyone was here. I felt awkward just dropping in our there little get-together like this.

I walked up the side walk, wishing I had never even called. I hardly even knew theses people, besides Nicky and Jen. I rang the door bell and waited patiently for someone to answer the door. Curtis answered and he looked like he didn't want to be here. I figured Shauna must be gone, because that was the only time he looked this way. I was there when he bought her engagement ring. That was also the day I spent all my money to get Clover one. I had left it in the apartment hidden. I doubt she had found it before moving, if she even moved. I had hid it inside the picture of me on the wall. The frame it was in was large enough to hold it.

"Um, Are you going to come in?" Curtis asked.

"Yeah. Sorry I was just thinking about that time we bought rings together."

He smiled. "Yeah, I'm glad you helped me. Shauna isn't here, She's, uh." He looked around uncomfortably. "Out."

"You can say she's at Clovers."

He nodded and I followed him into the house. I couldn't wait to hear stories about Clover. I had decided to ask Curtis instead of Oli. He would more than likely tell Nicky about my sudden interest, but Curtis wouldn't. We always had this weird connection where we could just tell each other everything and know it wouldn't be told to anyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments everyone.
=]

-jen.