‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 31.

Nicky had just called me to tell me about Clover. Apparently she told them she was leaving to go to the grocery store, but they knew otherwise. They said she was all jittery and nervous, and I knew what that meant. She was in the mood for a fix, but I wouldn't let her go down that path again. Even if it meant threatening her a little, I would do it. She was having my child and I wasn't going to let her screw with it just because she wanted a fix. This life was no longer just about her. It was about all of us. What she did with her life effected more than just one person now, and it was time for her to grow up.

"Clover damn it." I growled into the phone. This was the tenth time I got her voice mail. "I'm going to call you one more time and if you don't answer, I will come and get you. If you pick up one fucking drug your screwed backwards and forwards, because I will not take it easy on you anymore. Think about our kid inside you."

Snapping the phone shut, I grabbed my car keys and headed out the door. It didn't take a genius to figure Clover out. She was so obvious that it was psychically painful. If she wanted to ignore all my pleading voice mails, then I would go get her. Even though I was no longer apart of that lifestyle, I knew exactly where she was going. Just because I quit smoking doesn't mean my friends did. I've been around the new guy's place a few times, and that's where I would find her. I pulled out of the driveway quickly and started for town. Sam's place was in this old warehouse. That's where he did all his business.

When I pulled into the front I could already see the car. Clover was already here and knowing my luck I was too late. I hit my hands against the steering wheel and got out of the car. Clover was really pushing my buttons tonight and if she wanted me to be easy on her she better have a damn good argument for being here. There was a guy standing in the front who greeted me with some sort of pill. I just threw it back at him and entered the old warehouse. You could smell all the smoke in the air as soon as you got in the door.

"Clover." I yelled. "I know you're here damn it. Where are you?"

"Hey Ronnie, man." Sam came out. "I thought you would never come around."

"I'm not here for your stupid games Sam. I'm here for Clover. So where the fuck is she?"

"In the back."

I nodded and hurried towards the direction he pointed. Once I found my way around all the crates I saw her. She was sitting on a chair smoking away. I could feel the adrenaline pumping in me, but I couldn't hurt her. If anything I had to calm myself down. I couldn't get through to Clover by scaring the hell out of her. Taking a deep breath I headed in her direction. It didn't take long for her to notice me.

"Hey baby." She laughed. "What are you doing here? You know you aren't supposed to be in these placed anymore."

"Out."

She stumbled around a little and then went outside. I took a couple of minutes to collect myself. I just needed to remember that she was a girl, and no matter how bad I wanted to, I couldn't hit her. It was bad for me to even think that way, but it was so frustrating. When I finally realized how stupid I was being I joined her outside. The guy that had been there before was know passed out against the building.

"You know what Clover? I'm sick of all of this. You blame me for all of our problems, but your the problem. You act like your still a teenager with no responsibilities, but that isn't true. You're a mother, and your about to have two kids. Why do I feel like the only adult here?"

"Because you fucking boring." She yelled. "I need a thrill in my life. I need something to keep me interested. You introduced me into this world of fun and then you just expect me to give it up and settle down with you? Ronnie you've turned into my father."

"Because I am a father." I yelled. "Damn it Clover. I want to understand you so bad, and I don't want to lose you. I know you're going to hate me for this but get in the car."

She looked at me through squinted eyes and nodded. She didn't know what I was doing or where I was taking her. When she woke up tomorrow morning she would more than likely hate me, but it wasn't about us. I now knew what it was like to love one person more than yourself. It wasn't Clover, it was our baby. I would do whatever I had to do just to protect the baby. And once Clover had him or her she could screw up her life again. So tonight Clover would be checked into Rehab by Me and her friends. We were concerned about her. This drug use had been going on much longer than I realized.

"Hey Jen." I said with a shaky voice. "I need you and Nicky to meet me at the Rehab in ten minutes. Were checking Clover in. She isn't going to keep doing this to my kid. Then once were done you can bring Katie back to me."

"Are you sure this is what you want to do?" Jen asked a little nervous. "She will get mad for awhile. Nicky and I don't care about that right now, but what about you? Can you take her being pissed for a couple of days?"

"Right now I'm only worried about getting her straight. She needs to grow up." I hung up the phone and focused on driving.

"Your taking me to rehab?" She asked quietly.

"Sorry Clover. I love you, and I need you to get off the drugs. If you don't you're going to end up killing that baby."

"Okay." She nodded. "I'm not mad you guys. I think I understand it now. I just didn't realize you all were so serious."

"Sorry." I said leaning over and giving her a kiss. "This is to help you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment us?

Nicky will update whenever she can.
She's had a fever for awhile so she hasn't been at school.
So I'm sure she will update the first chance she gets.
I heat you Nicky, and our readers.