‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 48.

When I was little I had this nasty habit of writing diary entries that started with If I was a genie I would... and then I would go onto say whatever I would change to make the day perfect. Today I would change my hair back to the teal that made me unique instead of brown with bangs, not that it looked bad or anything. And I would certainly change what had happened, preferibly changing rider's existance. Never had I heard of a sister being to vicious. Now Ronnie and I's picture was everywhere. Wanted, as if we were the world most noturious killers, Bonnie and Clyde.

"Can I get you something to drink while you wait?" I looked up at the greasy faced boy who looked like he and a bathtub had never officially met. "Uh yeah, I will have a water. What is your name anyway?" He smiled as though I was trying to pick him up, man was he wrong. "Jack, whats yours gorgeous." I resisted the urge to vomit and plastered on a grin of my own. "Anastasia, you can call me Ana. Say handsome, can you tell me how to get to the hotel in this town?" He nodded and pointed to the road. "It is three blocks down on the right." I smiled and stood up. "thank you." "will you be wanting some company?" I laughed and grabbed my sunglasses and placed them on. "honey the only people I keep company with are rockstars,sorry."

Ronnie was sitting in the garden a little bit away from the hotel, he looked worried, no doubt he had seen the news. I pulled up in the car and stepped out, my clothes looking somewhat preppy and my boots uncomftorable. "Hey there handsome." I said placing a hand on his arm. "Your barking up the wrong tree, I already have a fiancee." "Why dont you think I know that, considering last time I checked that is who I was." He turned to me and his mouth fell open. "You look so different." "I know. Where are the kids?" "Jen took them and ran, like we are going to." I nodded and pointed to the car. "I rented it under a fake name, I am anastasia Morrisette and you are Jack Robertson. Leave everything you have here, dont go back in there, it will make the police think you are still here. I have a pair of polo shirts and some kaki's in the back seat, put them on, and as much as I hate to say this, the hair has got to go, as well as the flavor savor." He looked at me like I had just ripped apart of his identity from him, yet nodded all the same. "Where are we going?" "I dont know Ronnie, we just have to get the hell out of here, or we go back to Vegas." He looked at me and realization hit me like a brick. "You want to go back there?" He nodded slowly and I sighed in frustration. "We have to end this Clover, we cant keep going, the kids are safe, lets go and fight our fight." I finally nodded slowly and exhaled. "Well lets go then, I will call Nicky." He nodded and muttered something about calling Max. I wasnt sure why I wanted to call Nicky, something just told me that I needed to, like she was the key to unlocking vegas's treasure, and dammit if it meant saving Ronnie and my kids, I was going to find that fucking treasure.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it is short, please comment.