‹ Prequel: Snapshots of Reality

The Webs We Weave

Chapter 8.

"Are you sure you have to go?" I asked standing in the living room, holding onto Matt's large frame. "Yeah, I do. I am sorry. Especially after last night, it is a good thing Ronnie was there, what were you two doing anyway?" I looked at him and sighed. "I wanted a smoke and Ronnie came to see if he could bum one of of me, and that was why he was out there. I don't know about those guys, but it was all alot of trouble for a cigarette." He laughed lightly ad I knew it was only to humor me. Suddenly, his phone went off, I knew what that meant, he had to leave, and I would be alone again. "I love you. And just think, in six months you can come with me, as my wife." I giggled and kissed him lightly. He kissed me back before leaving me alone in the apartment, to wither away.

"Oi! Clover, are you home?" I cracked my eye open and laughed, Nicky was standing in my living room. "What are you doing?" "Well, you see, me boyfriend be british, and me best mate is sad....yeah i cannot be british very well can I?" I laughed and shook my head. "Jen and Beth are on their way here, so you might want to straighten up, oh and Monte called, call him back." I nodded and grabbed my phone and pressed in monte's number. "Hey, I promised Ronnie I would tell you something." He breathed out after picking up. It was far from the usual 'hello' but then again, who needed small talk. I grabbed a brush and balanced the phone between my shoulder blade and ear before brushing through my hair. "Yeah? What is that?" "It is hard for him Clover, and it is a shitty situation when two soulmates tear apart one another, but that is just it, you two are soulmates. You have a pull to one another and nobody can explain it, or break it, that is just the way it is. When he left you Clover, he sent me over to be your friend, he has kept tabs on you for a long time. He left you for his life. You were going to kill him, he did it for you because then he knew you would get clean. He did not want to leave you Clover, he had too." I nodded and tapped on some lip glos. "Yeah, is that all?" "yeah." "alright bye Monte." I hung up the phone and continued getting ready. I was in no mood for Ronnie bullshit, my friends were on their way. I tugged on a Drop Dead tee,Oliver had made me model for him for awhile to get me out of a rut, and I got a whole new wardrobe, and I found a calling for something, it was a nice turn of events. I looked around for a pair of black short shorts and tugeed them on. I grabbed a pair of black flats and threw them on followed by my stud belt. I tugged my sunglasses out from under my matress and threw them on my face.

I ran back out to the living room and they were all there. Beth looked the same as she had two years ago with her dark red hair. She was still incredibly pale and skinny. "Hey Beth, Jen." They both smiled and motioned towards Nicky who was sticking her hand in the fish tank. "What in the hell are you doing?" I asked her. "The big fish keeps trying to eat the small fish so I am creating a force field around it." I shook my head, that was so like her. "Lets go get coffee." We all made our way to the door and Nicky turned around again. "If that little fish isn't there when I get back you are going to find yourself in down town sewage land goldie." I laughed and we piled out into my car.

We sat on the patio of the coffee place and looked at one another. I could tell they were all trying to figure out what happened last night, they had obviously told beth what they knew, and were trying to figure out how to say it. "So...Clover about last night." I smiled, I knew them too well. "What about it? The part where Ronnie saved my ass or the part where I met Caitlyn?" "You met Caitlyn?" Jen spoke up. I nodded. "She seems very nice." "Oh, she is, her and ronnie were fighting today when I called over there though. I do not know why something about a flame or something like that. Funny, never took Caitlyn as a fire lover." We all looked at each other trying to supress a laugh. So they were fighting huh? "Is he happy with her?" I asked them and they all looked away. "Oh, okay then. Excuse me for a moment, I am sorry." I said as my cell phone began going off in my pocket. I walked over to a tree nearby and looked at the screen. "Hello?" "Um...Is this Clover?" "Yeah, why? who is this?" "This is Caitlyn, I got your number out of Ronnie's phone and I just wanted to say that Ronnie and I are engaged okay. I am going to be civil to you and nice, but if you try anything with him because your still obsessed, I will make sure he never see's or hears about you again. Do you understand me?" I nodded and rolled my eyes. "And he wants to invite you to the wedding, where he will be marrying me, but I am going to tell him that your busy. And for the record that means, stay away from my man, do not even talk to him or about him." "Does Ronnie know your calling me?" "No, and it better stay that way." I laughed. "I like your style girl." There was silence on the other end. "Thank you." She muttered before hanging up.

I walked back to the table and all the girls looked at me. "Who was that? You looked like you were being told off by someone." I nodded. "It was Caitlyn. Girl has good taste in words, I like her." They all looked at me. "Does Ronnie know?" "Nah, what can I say, girl has grace. A toungue like fire too. No wonder Ronnie likes her." They looked at me. "And why is that?" I laughed. Because she is just like me.... "No reason."
♠ ♠ ♠
coment pleasee.....
p.s check out my new stories, they are cool.
Oh, and my new layout, and Jens new layout, both have Oli, both are hot....