Bend Me Over Backwards

The Outside World

Some days had passed since Gerard and I first met. We were now in the late days of March with spring on its way. I was relaxing by the poolside taking in the pleasantly warm day. My thoughts drifted to my beautiful angel. He looked so innocent and magnificent when we were on the kitchen floor. An idea flashed within my mind. I pulled my phone out and dialed the number to restaurant, asking for Lyn-Z.

"Z speaking," she said tiredly from the phone. From the background I could hear the hustle and bustle of people. It must've been filled.

"Hey ZZ, has Gerard been around today?" I asked, hoping my angel would be there.

"Frankie darling! Why yes he is, Boss put him on dishes today."

"What time do you think he'll be off?"

"I give it around closing time, deary. Boss has been working him to the bone lately. He's been receiving fewer meals as well."

My heart sank at that. Gerard was thin enough. There was no need to starve him. I guessed Lyn-Z could sense my worry.

"Don't worry Frank. I've been finding ways for him to have a good meal."

I sighed in relief. "Z, expect me to be there when D'oro closes. I'm not going to have my angel pushed around."

Lyn-z awed. "I'll leave the backdoor open for you, Frankie."

"Thanks ZZ," I sighed, "I hope he can last until then." The call then ended.

¤ ¤ ¤

It was D'oro closing time and Lyn-Z was waiting by the backdoor for me. I greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. If I weren't gay I would most definitely take her out.

"Hey Frank, Gerard is almost done with the last of the dishes. I made him some soup before 'cause Boss didn't feed him. He's not expecting anyone so don't startle him," Lyn-Z said in a hushed tone.

I gave her a nod and entered the restaurant. "Thank you Z," I said looking back at her. I walked over to sinks where was washing some plates. I could tell he didn't feel my presence. I cleared my throat, "Gerard?"

My angel jumped slightly dropping the plate into the suds. His head turned slowly to look at me. He blushed at my sight. "H-hi," he stuttered. He was nervous. His hair was combed and parted down the middle. Gerard's thin body looked almost non-existent. I walked over to him and gently kissed him on the cheek.

The water was still running in the dingy kitchen. The floor tiles were in need of a good washing. This was where my angel stayed day in and day out. I immediately wanted to just take him with me and show him the better side of the world.

I laced my hand with his damp one and turned off the water. Gerard pulled on my hand.

"Follow me," he said walking away taking me with him by the hand. I was led down a series of hallways and passages. Gerard then stopped at a doorway with a steel door. With a quick flick of wrist the door opened and Gerard pulled me inside. He shut the door quickly. "Sorry if it isn't much," he muttered letting go of my hand.

My eyes caught sight of what he was talking about. Dirty blankets were piled on the floor to create the shape of a bed; a torn handmade pillow at the top. The floor was dusty grey concrete. It was bone chilling within the room as I began to shiver. My eyes then saw a small stack of papers with two pencils sitting next to it.

"Do you draw?" I asked walking over to the papers. Gerard nodded shyly.

"May I look at them?" I asked before taking a look. I liked to respect peoples' property.

"S-sure," Gerard said in response.

Picking up the stack, I began to sift through them. They were all of different customers in the restaurant. Each of them had different expression on their faces with different actions. The last was the most magnificent. It was colored in just the right ways. The picture was of Lyn-Z. She was smiling while talking to a man. A caption was under the picture.

To my best friend, you have always been there for me.

I awed at the drawing. "You're really good Gerard. Did you make this for Lyn-Z?"

"Yes, I did," he said blushing. He was too adorable.

I set the papers down on the tiny table placed against the wall. I felt so out of place in Gerard's room. My shiny shoes looked alien against the floor. My clothing was so fine and expensive looking. They did cost a pretty penny. All of this caused a major wave of guilt within me. I had been living the high life all this time while my angel has been rolling around in dirt.

“Gerard?”

“Yes?”

“Have you ever been beyond the walls of D’oro?”

“What do you mean?”

“Have you ever had more than what you do now? Ever been to outside world and taste life?”

“N-no, for I can remember my life has been here. I was either in here or washing dishes.”

My heart ached at the sheer thought of never getting to have a life; never having anything that had to do with fun. “Do you want to know what it’s like?” I looked directly into Gerard’s eyes.

“You mean like going outside and seeing the world?” His eyes were bright at the sound of it.

“Yeah, seeing what the world has to offer.”

“It would be a dream come true, but,” Gerard’s excited voice fell, “I could never leave D’oro. Boss would be upset.”

“What if I told you that it didn’t matter?”

“I’d still be worried. I’ve never left this place before. The outside world looks so foreign.”

I walked over to my angel and laced both his hands with mine. “It’s more than that Gee; it’s a world where you can do what you want. It’s full of life and always has something new.”

“Really?”

“No doubt about it. So, how about it? Do you want to come with me and see the world for yourself?” I hoped to god he would say yes. I watch as Gerard thought about my proposition.

“Sure, but what about Lyn-Z? I don’t want to leave her behind, she’s my best friend.”

“You won’t leave her behind. She’ll always be a phone call away. I have her on speed dial for anything and everything.”

Gerard looked around at his room. “Will the beds be better than this?”

“They will be plush and large and luxurious. So comfortable it will be as if you were sleeping on a cloud!”

“Will you be there?”

I mentally awed at him. “I’ll be there whenever you need me. I won’t leave you.”

“Then let’s go!”

I chuckled at his enthusiasm. Gerard grabbed his papers and pencils. Picking up a light pink blanket and the torn pillow from the floor, he seemed ready to leave. “Are you ready?”

“Yes, I have everything,” he said cuddling the small pillow.

“Shall we?”

“We shall!” Gerard darted toward the door and threw it open. I rushed behind him as we made our way back to the kitchen. Lyn-Z was seated on one of the many counters. Gerard’s eyes seem to light up when he saw her. “Lizzie! Frank is going to take me to see the world! I’m finally going to go outside Lizzie! Oh, before I leave I have to give this to you!” He handed her the drawing.

Lyn-Z smiled at her friend. “Wow Gee, I never knew you had so much talent. I absolutely love it! This is most definitely going to be framed. I’m going to miss you, you know.”

Gerard smiled, “Don’t worry Lizzie; Frank says you’re only a phone call away.”

She nodded, “You’re right and I know Frank will have you come visit me. Good luck out there Gerard I know you’re really going to like it. Frank will show you.” Lyn-Z hopped off the counter and engulfed Gerard in a hug. She then walked over to me.

“You better take good care of him Frank. He doesn’t know the harshness of the world. Also while you’re at it, have him gain a few pounds. He’s too thin. Boss hardly feeds him anyway. If anything happens you come straight to me, got it?”

“I will, don’t worry Lyn-Z. I’ll make sure that he’s taken care of,” I said to her honestly. I then gave her a hug and thanked her. I then went back to Gerard and took his hand in mine. “We’re off to see the world!”

“Bye Lizzie! I’m going to miss you,” Gerard said waving to Lyn-Z as we entered into the night. I was finally going to have my angel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! I know I'm early with my update but I take it you won't mind. I really love this chapter with all my heart. It just makes me so happy! I hope you all enjoyed this! Comment for Gerard, Frank, and Lyn-Z!

Love and Doodles,

Tara