Letters To Rae Rae

September 30th, 2010

There's no excuse for why I haven't written in a while. A lot has happened though.

Last time I wrote I hadn't really talked much with my current boyfriend, Alex. We've been dating a year and a half (today)... And I'm really happy. Despite some rumors and fighting and such, we're really strong and I really am happy. For Christmas last year he got me a white gold ring. It's a heart and it has a tiny diamond in the center. Then a few weeks ago he gave me his class ring, which means a lot because he worked his butt off for it.

Let's see... I got two B's last year. One in Accelerated English and the other in Accelerated Geometry. They were high B's though, which is alright. Here's this year's schedule:

French 3
Art 2
Acc. Algebra 2
Acc. Chemistry
AP US History
Acc. English 3
Concert Choir.

I'm also in Beta Club, Creative Writing Club, Art Club, Environmental Club, French Club and French Honor Society. I also do volunteer work for the local museum. Sooo... Needless to say, I don't have much time for myself anymore, haha. But, I write and read every tiny chance I get.

Emma turned eight earlier this month. It's so weird, it doesn't seem like she should be eight. But she definitely looks like it. She's getting taller and kinda maturing. Then again not, haha.

But... The other day Shelby stopped me in the hall. She asked if, on your birthday, I would go with her to your grave to decorate it. She said she went up there not too long ago and it was awful looking, which made me feel bad because I haven't been there in years. I wish I could drive, because I would go there a lot. But Mom said I could go with her... And then yesterday she showed me a jacket her boyfriend had made... It had your picture on the back and it says 'In Loving Memory, Ray.' Of course, he didn't know we spelled it differently but it's the thought that counts. I told her I wanted one. I'm going to save up my money and have it done.

I just... MIss you a lot. I thought I was dealing well, but last night I just started crying. I had a dream a few months ago, and I was on the phone with you at Nana and Papaw's... But I can't remember what you said for the life of me. And I wish I did. I wish I could remember your voice, and more of the fun times we had. I feel like my memory of you is fading, and I hate it. But, your picture is taped to my writing binder, so I always have my inspiration and role model to look at.

I love you,
-Kaitlin