Such a Lovely Boy

The Homewrecker With The Heart Of Gold

FRANK’S POV

“Hello?” I said, relieved the phone picked up but then I heard it wasn’t Pete’s voice.

“Who’s this?” the voice asked.

“Um, it’s Frank” I stumbled.

“Oh, ok. This is Ryan” he said softly. Ryan, who the fuck is Ryan? Oh god, what if he’s ‘the pretty boy from the bus depo’

“Uh, where’s Pete?” I asked, choking on my words slightly.

“In bed, asleep” he replied simply.

Whose bed? I wanted to ask but remained silent.

“Ryan just give me the phone” I heard Pete say.

“Ok, hang on” Ryan said with a giggle. “I’ll just get Pete, ok Frank?”

“What’s up, Frankie?” Pete asked. I sighed, relieved to hear his voice.

“I hadn’t heard from you in ages, I wanted to make sure you were alright” I replied, feeling lame and stupid.

“Yeah, I’m alright. I caught a bus -Ryan get off me, Ryan I’m on the phone- where was I? Oh yeah so I catching a bus to– Ryan, I’m talking get off” Pete said between laughs.

“I think you’d enjoy that too much” I heard Ryan say

“What?” Pete asked, I’m guessing he was talking to Ryan

“Me getting off” Ryan teased

“Shut up, Ryan” Pete replied with a obvious smile in his voice.
I coughed to let him know I was still there.

“Ha, sorry Frank, Ryan’s just being an ass. Anyway I’m catching a bus to Vegas with Ryan” Pete continued followed by a thud.

“Are you alright?” He asked, I didn’t know if he was talking to me or not.

“I gue-” I began but was cut off by Ryan’s voice in the back ground

“Yeah, no thanks to you” Ryan sneered.

Oh...he wasn't talking to me.

“You’re the one who fell of the bed” Pete replied to him

“You pushed me” Ryan whined

“Frank, can I call you back?” Pete said after he finally stopped laughing

“Yeah, whatever” I sulked, hanging up the phone immediately.

Vegas? Why the hell would he go to Vegas? More importantly, who the fuck is Ryan and why is he going to Vegas with him.

I ran home, like a school girl running to the bathroom when their boyfriend breaks up with them, to cry and wallow in my own self-pity.

“Frank, what’s wrong?” My mom asked when I walked in looking worse for wear. I said nothing, I knew she’d go into a ‘I told you so’ speech

“Is it that Peter Wentz boy? Didn’t I tell you this would happen, Frankie?” she continued each word just making things worse.

-----------------------------------------------------------
title from Fall Out Boys, "Snitches
And Talkers Get Stitches And Walkers"
---------------------------------------------------------