Status: .::Active::.

It's in Our Blood

Almost

Jacob’s hand burned my skin. My eyes wanted to close but I dared not to. I was scared he would vanish right in front of me if I did. I could feel the tension, the electricity. But was it only one sided?

Jacob turned his head sideways, aiming for my lips. The sparks were unbearable. I could feel it now. I could feel him against my lips. I drew my hands and placed them at the back of his head. His hair had grown longer over the month. It was soft. My fingers entangled themselves in his locks.

Jacob put his other hand on my cheek, cupping my face between them. His nose was pressed against my cheek and mine against his. One, two. His breathing became shallower, hotter, heavier.... My stomach was in knots.

The air was cold between us. The milliseconds came increasingly slow as the limited space became smaller and smaller. I went to move myself forward, eager.

“Jake?” a shocked feminine voice gasped unintentionally.

Jacob broke away from me instantly. His head snapped towards the voice. I looked over, feeling my breathing get heavy. I panted, my chest pounding as it rose up and down.

Bella stood there, approximately 10 feet away on a towering rock above us. Her eyes were wide with shock, hands covering her mouth. She was like a deer caught in headlights. Bella did not move. Jacob stood up, minimizing the space between him and Bella. After a minute, it was like a light went off in her head.

“I’m so sorry!” Bella sputtered out, “God. I- um… I- God! I- I’m sorry! Carry on!”

With that Bellawalked ran away.

Jacob suddenly took hold of my shoulders, brought me to my feet and shook me with excitement. His eyes lit up.

“What did she feel?” He asked me, “Was she sad? Disappointed?! Tell me! Tell me!”

My mouth opened, trying to get some words out while Jacob continued to shake me.

“C’mon Kari!” He urged.

“I-uh-“ I couldn’t say anything more as he moved me too quickly, snapping my head back and forth.

Jacob broke away elatedly, releasing his hold at once. I fell back on the ground, my hands catching my body before my back hit the ground. I looked up as Jacob scurried away, his hand waving towards me, shouting “Thanks a lot!”

Before I knew it, he was gone.

I stared after him even though he was long gone now. I blinked a few times, realizing what had just happened. I scoffed in disbelief, staring at my feet, blinking furiously.

‘Did he just use me?’

I slowly pulled my legs in towards my body. I tucked my feet under me and slowly got up. As I did, a ripple of pain, my own heartache ran through me. I hate this feeling. It never hurt less and it only hurt more. Feeling another’s heartache is one thing but feeling your own? That feeling is indescribable.

I trudged my feet, forcing myself to move. I sucked in a breath and walked back to the clearing. I could hear the voices of Jacob and Bella. I could hear them because for a human girl, Bella sure did have a set of lungs. I could feel Jacob’s smiling face beaming down but not on me, no. It was on Bella. Isabella Swan, the girl who has got everything but doesn’t seem to realize what she has.

I did my best to drown them out. I rubbed the temples of my head, messaging it to try and rid myself of my frustration. Having the person you like with another is one thing, but having that person chase someone else who doesn’t want them? That sucks. Love sucks.

I trudged my feet in the ground, kicking splinters, branches, twigs, leaves around. I shoved my hands into the pockets of my pants. I slowly moved, unwilling to face the rest of the group so early.

All of a sudden I was brought into a cold yet comforting grasp. I spun my body around, lifting my hands in an attack stance. I looked up and my hands ceased their action. Jasper gave me a sympathetic smile and began to rock me back and forth. I wrapped my hands around his waist.

After a couple of minutes, he let me go, putting me within an arms length away. Jasper looked up and down at me.

“You alright?” He asked.

I slightly nodded.

Jasper frowned, “Don’t lie to me.”

“Then don’t ask” I replied, “Besides, you know how I’m feeling.”

“How did you figure that out?” He asked.

I stared into his eyes, “Because you’re stronger than me. A stronger Empath.”

Jasper’s shock flickered through me, “When did you know?”

“The first time I saw you. Back in the forest.” I whispered.

Jasper regained himself, taking a pause in our conversation.

“So you’re one too?”

I nodded, “I can only feel someone’s emotions. Nothing else.”

Jasper examined me closely. And then I felt compelled to tell him everything. Everything about myself and Nyx. Before I knew it, words were spilling out of my mouth in a series of barely comprehendible quick words.

However despite everything I was saying, Jasper was nothing but understanding. It seemed almost as if nothing was out of the ordinary. I talked about my own past, my present, what I was and even some little facts of Nyx slipped out here and there. And then, before I lost the courage to do so, I told him the most secretive skeleton from my closet.

“Esme is my birth mother.” I spat out quickly at the end.

Jasper was quiet. He did not speak for a moment. My own nerves overpowered my ability to define his emotions. I waited in anticipation for him to speak.
And then-

“I know.” He said.

My jaw dropped. Did Edward tell him?

“Or at least I figured it was something like that.” Jasper rubbed the back of his head, “Every time you looked or even knew that she was in the same vicinity as you, you got a tad depressed. It was heartbreaking at times. And whenever Carlisle was there, you became quieter. You wish everything was back to the way it was before you were turned, don’t you?”

Jasper rubbed my cheek with his cold hand. I could not help but compare the action to the soothing warmth Jacob provided when he did the exact same thing just moments ago.

I nodded, giving him a grim smile.

“I think we all do” I told him softly, “But if this never happened, I wouldn’t have been able to meet Nyx or anyone of you. Even though I say about how I wish I never got turned, the reverse is I also thank god that I was turned. Being half immortal gives me more opportunities in life than what I would’ve been given if I was a human.”

Jasper pulled me back into a hug.

“I’m glad you’re my sister.” He whispered into my ear.

I smiled into the fabric of his shirt, returning the embrace.

“But this doesn’t change anything” said Jasper.

I pulled away, a puzzled apparent look on my face.

“You have to tell me why you’re feeling, acting like this.” Jasper stared straight into my eyes.

I saw every little detail of his topaz eyes, burning into my brain, leaving an imprint.

“You tell me” I replied, “I’m too confused to understand. Tell me what I’m feeling exactly.”

Jasper studied me. His gaze never wavered from my form. He held onto my shoulders, his cold body provided an odd type of comfort.

“Heartbreak, disappointment, exasperation, desperation… ” He listed, “And longing…”

Hearing those just made my fears that much more apparent. I never thought I would be one to succumb and be so weak.

“I remember those feelings loud and clear.” said Jasper with a sad smile, “It sucks. Even if you feel it for a moment, it sucks. It’s the worst feeling. I want to help you get rid of that feeling, for you to heal. I mean, I already get enough of that feeling with Edward-”

Jasper cut himself off abruptly. I narrowed my eyes.

“What about Edward?” I asked.

Jasper remained silent.

“Tell me or I’ll make it my mission to figure it out.” I told him.

“Forget about it” He dismissed, “Its between brothers.”

“I’m family too.” I declared, “Tell me.”

Jasper squirmed in his spot. He took one look at me and sighed.

“Fine.” He said, “You probably realized it though. It deals with your theory about Nyx and Edward.”

I pursed my lips, recalling my thoughts, “You know about that?”

Jasper nodded. “Edward doesn’t really have much of a choice. Empaths are as all knowing as telepaths.”

I shrugged and waited him to continue.

“Edward- Well he is conflicted. He goes through what you feel a lot of the time too. That same feeling of longing, desperation, heartbreak… Those feelings have been increasing but he chooses to be ignorant to them.” said Jasper, “At first it was only a couple of times throughout the week. Now it’s virtually every other moment, kind of unbearable-”

“Why didn’t I notice this?” I interrupted.

“You know that aching feeling you get at the bottom of your stomach when you leave?” asked Jasper, “The one that kind of makes you nervous and uncomfortable when you leave us?”

I wasn’t sure what he was getting at. Maybe he was interpreting Edward’s feelings wrong and it was my emotions that were interfering with Edward’s.

But I nodded regardless.

“It intensifies randomly at times doesn’t it?” questioned Jasper.

I squinted slightly, nodding once again.

“It’s because of Edward.” Said Jasper, “That is Edward.”

I was confused and did not bother covering up my confusion.

“Then why haven’t I noticed it?”

“Because that aching kind of feeling you felt is partly yours, partly Edward’s and partly Nyx’s. Those two have fueled yours to make it even more powerful.” Jasper said, “It amplified your emotions, most likely blocking out theirs. Or maybe it was because the three of you shared the exact same type of feelings at the same time, causing it to mesh into one big jumble of nerves.”

I bit my lower lip.

“Hey” he said softly, “Don’t worry about it. It’s fine. Just clear your head and think logically. In this scenario, sometimes being selfish is the best.”

I shook my head, “It’s not like that. He doesn’t even like me.”

“The werewolf right?” asked Jasper.

“Shape shifter” I automatically corrected.

Jasper waved me off, “Whatever. Don’t count yourself out just yet.”

I rolled my eyes, “His undying affection for Bella pretty much cuts me out of the picture effective immediately.”

He sighed, “God. I told you. This is like Edward. You and that werewolf are like Nyx and Edward.”

I stared at Jasper, “This and that are even close and you know it.” I replied, “Totally different.”

Jasper looked at me intently, “You keep on thinking that.” His tone was exasperated.

His arm was lazily draped over my shoulders but it still provided a nice comfort. I was ecstatic that Jasper cared about me. He led me somewhere. I put my head on his shoulder and rubbed my arms. I wasn’t sure where we were going but I trusted Jasper.

“Shut up!”

Bella’s voice grew increasingly loudly. I raised my head up off of Jasper’s shoulders, my focus entirely on what was happening only meters away.

“Just shut up! I love him!”

I felt Jasper’s grasp lighten and his hand dropping.

“No!” yelled Jacob, “You don’t love each other!”

I felt my feet move forward, getting closer to the scene. Their silhouettes became clearer and clearer. Before long, I had a perfect view between them.

“Yes! Yes I do Jake! Why can’t you understand that?!” cried Bella in reply.

She turned around and began to march away.

“Because I love you!”

And as if in slow motion, Jacob grabbed Bella’s wrist. He pulled her towards him, their bodies colliding with a thump. I heard Bella’s blood bumping, her face became flushed. Jacob pulled her in close, dipped his head down and captured her lips in a kiss.

I felt myself choke on my breath. I saw Bella’s eyes close and that was all I needed. I forced myself to turn away. I didn’t need to see that. I really didn’t. This was more than enough confirmation that I would not be able to be even half as important to Jacob as Bella was to him. She’s really lucky.

In some strange way, a human girl named Isabella Swan had managed to capture the hearts of two immortals. Two powerful immortals without even batting her eyelashes.

I heard Jasper’s footsteps behind me again. He pulled me into his grasp once again. I buried my face into my hands. Jasper used his Empath powers to relax me, just slightly. It was helpful nonetheless.

Suddenly, a loud smacking sound reverberated through the woods. The scent of blood permeated the air within milliseconds, lacing its aroma with the particles. It overwhelmed my senses. I could feel the new venom rising within me. But just then, I cried out in pain.

The feeling of nails digging into flesh stung. I looked up at Jasper. His eyes kept flashed between the gorgeous topaz color to blood red. I felt him start to leave marks around my waist and the top of my forearm.

“Jasper-”

He ripped himself away from me. Eyes crimson with thirst. I remained for a second in my spot, something I should not have done. I quickly flew after him, ignoring the sting of the branches and the wind whipping through the new wounds I had just received. My fingertips lightly grazed the two spots, feeling only a slight swelling. I was safe for now.

But Bella…

I shook off all pessimistic thoughts and rushed. My line of sight reaches Jasper and Jacob fighting. Out of nowhere, Jacob flies right into my body. His towering figure slams me well onto the ground, crushing all rocks and plants alike beneath us.

Flurries of shapes and sizes alike raced past our fallen forms. I heard Bella scream. The reason undetermined. Jacob groaned on top of me. Our faces once again in an agonizingly close proximity. He opened one eye and stared down at me. Twigs were probably entwined in my hair, dirt smeared all over my face.

Jacob did not move for a second but I had had in enough. I pushed him off, mustering as much effort as I could to do the action. I will not let anyone toy with my emotions. If my mind was not guarded, it would be too fragile. Fragile enough to break like porcelain glass.

He rolled off, landing on the ground with an “Oomph!” I looked up to see Jasper restrained by Quileutes. Emmett was having an internal struggle, his fists white from gripping too hard. Edward was fighting it off as well, his distance well kept from his own “love”.

“Bella, come on” hushed Carlisle.

Carlisle wrapped his arm around Bella, her hand wrapped in a cloth walked away from the scene. Most likely back to the house. Esme, Bison and Vans walked out as well, following them.

It took a couple of minutes, but one by one, the vampires relaxed. Nyx stood off, slightly in the distance, staring after Bella. She glanced back at everyone else before staring intently at Jasper. Her eyes narrowed, jaw tight. She bit her lip, unaware of the butterflies she set off in several male’s stomachs.

Jasper was oblivious for he continued to fight the urge. Edward swallowed his nerves inconspicuously to everyone but me. His throat was hoarse as he spoke, breathe heavy.

“What are you looking at?” He placed as much hate and venom as possible into his words.

I shifted my gaze between them. Had something transpired between them before?

However, Nyx simply ignored him.

“Jasper” She spoke clearly, “You look constipated.”

My jaw dropped. Laughter bubbled up inside. Beside me, Mark and Pierre dropped to the floor, clutching their sides. That very statement broke the looming tension, snapping Jasper out of his reverie. I felt the happiness seep in through my body. I loved this feeling. It was amazing.

“What in the hell is wrong with you?” Edward spat at Nyx.

The atmosphere changed in a snap.

Edward turned away in a hurry and walked off. I felt Nyx grow in rage, pissed beyond belief. She stalked after him, leaving the same type of dark tension in their place.

Silence increased the feeling. I sighed aggravated.

“I’m going to make sure they don’t kill each other.” I whispered; my voice loud enough to be carried through the group.

I walked off alone this time. I picked up my feet quicker, scared that something might happen. It was easy to locate them. All I had to do was follow their emotions. I felt the heightening, growing tense feelings becoming stronger and stronger.

And then nothing. Everything was blank.

I felt my half dead heart pound. Was it nerves, confusion, worry that made me so anxious? I wasn’t sure. But I knew nothing could prepare me for what was behind this part of the woods. Edward and Nyx were nothing but unpredictable.

And unpredictable they were.

Hands engrossed in each other, bodies pressed up close together, eyes closed and lips locked furiously.

Oh. My. God.

Edward Cullen and Ashnyx Scathe were making out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun. Dun. Dun!!! -dramatic music-
I think I just killed the mood.
So the MTV VMAs were dramatic... Aside from the whole Taylor/Kanye thing, it was pretty cool. Although the Shakira and Taylor Lautner presentation speech was a-w-k-w-a-r-d. Launter looked hot, but incredibly uncomfortable or bored or annoyed or maybe a mixture of the three. Still hot.
The whole constipation thing was cause a bunch of my friends who went to see the Twilight movie said they looked constipated when they[vampies] were fighting off their thirst, so I thought I might as well put that in. Very sneaky thing for Nyx to say right? >3
Hm... Thanks to the subscribers, commenters and all you readers!
-bows-