When I'm with You

We live in perfect times, My friend.

The assembly and the making of the Pilot is pretty exhausting. I met the whole cast which means I also met the eldest Jonas brother, Kevin for the second time. But of course, I am already aware of his name since Nick familiarized me with him before introducing myself to him. I also saw Chelsea, a friend of mine and a new Disney girl named Nicole who is too perky for her own good but she's extremely nice. I'm beginning to love the atmosphere and I'm glad. Well, almost. Joe is really annoying. He keeps on staring at me. It's like every move I make, he noticed. Like for example, when I accidentally, okay, accidentally scratched my nose, he walked up and said, "You know, picking your nose is healthy so keep up the good work." I don't know what he wants, if he wants a fight or something or he wants to be close buddies with me but the bottom line is, it is extremely annoying and embarassing. After some takes, the director finally told us that we will have a 30 minute break before the real first scene. All of us decided to grab some food at the backstage. I immediately sat down at one of the tables and checked my phone for new messages until I felt that someone will be sitting beside me.

"Texting your boyfriend?" Joe. He is holding a small plate, a strawberry cake on it.

"Nope." I popped my p.

"I see. You don't want to eat?" He asked as he made his way to eat the poor strawberry.

"No, I'm full thank you very much. Plus, my head throbs like a roaring lion." I told him as I text Chace and inform him about my horrible clumsiness and our plans for the night.

"Alex, I'm really sorry for what happened a while ago. I'm just spacing out and I guess I didn't notice that someone is crossing. I'm so sorry." Joe apologized for the nth time.

"Jonas, I told you. It's all good. Besides, I'm stressed too that's why I'm a little aloof so it's partially my fault. So just forget it." I smiled.

An awkward silence enveloped us and I noticed Joe's unusual stare again. Thank God, Nick made his way in our table and sat down.

"So Alex, there's this new Cafe at the 25th Sel and Demi said that the place is really cool. Do you want to come and join us?" Nick asked, hope in his eyes.

I was being invited by Nick and it's so hard to resist since he is flashing his cute eyes on me. I was about to say yes, but Chace ran down my mind.

"My best friend and I have plans for tonight, sorry Nick." I told him. I watched his hopeful eyes turn into a deep dissapointment.

"Oh okay. Maybe next time." he replied, eating his Mocha cake.

The rest of the day moved on fast and by 7:30, I am at our house, waiting Chace my best friend to arrive. We have scheduled a bonding night since were not gonna see each other for the next weeks since he has a new film coming up and I'm too busy as well. I picked out a purple tank top and my pooh pajama to wear. I don't need to get glammed up infront of Chace. He also said that no matter what I wear, I still look dashing. Even without make up on. I heard my Mom call me, saying that Chace is already here but instead of welcoming him down the stairs, I remained on my bed, pretending to be asleep. After a few seconds, I heard my door sqeak and I smell a very familiar scent. And how I missed that scent.

"Oh c'mon Alexandra. That's the best acting you can pull out? Disney really does suck." He joked, tickling me hard. I immediately got up, surprised by his sudden action and fell down to my bed. Ah, for the second time, I fell. I have a feeling that my head is out of proportion already.

"Alex, aren't you aware that the head is one of the most important part of our body? Didn't somebody taught you not to break it?" He quipped, helping me to get up.

"Sorry okay. I just, I'm a little off this day. But this little fell-age over here, is totally your fault." I told him as I stick out my tongue.

"Whatever, but look at you. You've grown. I mean, when was the last time I saw you?" He asked me as he fell down on my bed.

"Since forever? Since you started making out with those Upper east siders of yours." I joked, curling onto the other side of the bed with him.

"So, what's up? How's your day? How's the new telly series going?" He asked me.

"Good. I met a lot of new people and they are quite nice. I'm glad they aren't pig headed fame ass seekers. How about you?"

"I don't know, I'm having a hard time Lex." He told me with an extreme pain in his voice. I immediately stood up and faced up. I placed my hand on his shoulder and looked at his eyes deeply. He's in a deep pain, I know it. Maybe this is one of the reasons why he wanted to see me tonight. To tell me something and comfort him.

"Chace, you know you can tell me anything." I told him, patting his shoulder.

"I know. Alex. It's just..I don't think I can handle the pressure. Sure this is a dream come true but now I feel like everything's falling apart. I'm ripped, torned. I don't know but there's something missing I'm not sure what. I'm sad, Alex. I don't even know why but I am. I can't explain it." he said with deep sincerity and desperate sadness.

"Chace, I don't know that your depressed. I'm sorry. You didn't tell me sooner. I should've..." I responded with the same sadness from his tone.

"Should've what? Alex, your way too good for me. The reason why I'm not telling you is because I don't want to be a burden. I don't want to block your career happiness. I know your in the peak of your career and I'm really happy for you. Your the only one that makes me happy. That makes me whole." he told me sincerely, looking so deep on my deep hazelnut eyes.

I don't know what to react. The moment Chace told me that I'm the one who makes him whole was an understatement. I've never heard Chace so sad before so this is all unusual to me. It's like I'm seeing a new different Chace infront me. Is he trying to imply something? If it is, I'm scared. I'm scared to lose him.

"I'm sorry Alex, I just got carried away. I really missed you." he told me as he stood up, caressing my face.

"And I missed you too, Chace. If there's anything I can do to make you feel okay again.." I whispered

"Shhh," he placed his finger on to my lips "I'm okay when I'm with you." he hushed me as his beautiful face getting near to mine. This cannot be happening. I mean, Chace? My buddy, kissing me? No way. I pulled back, stood up, grabbed my jacket and grabbed his wrist. He seems confused of my sudden action

"C'mon Drama King, let's get you something." I winked as he stood up lazily and reached for the door.

"So where exactly are we going?" Chace asked me as I played with the seatbelt. I made Chace drive exactly 8 kilometers from the East of California and now he's flipping. He doesn't have any idea where the hell I want to go but because I'm the Boss, he can't do anything about it.

"You'll see." I told him with a wink. After a few minutes, I'm afraid we reached our destination. I saw the big signage that we have arrived 'Sin City'. Well not really the "Sin City" like the movie where all people are cruel. I have branded the place Sin City since this is a place where kids sin from candies, rides and fun games. You will be tempted spend all your money to enjoy and that's where all the fun comes in.

"I should've known." Chace sighed, earning a quick joke glare from me.

Chace and I love to spend our time here especially during weekends when School is off. We'll be riding all the rides, get hooked and riding all over again. We will trade our souls for poker and buy loads of candies later. Our parents always scold us for always losing our money but what do you expect? Were tow stuck up kids from the West.

I took Chace's hand and went inside the Amusement Park. But before we got in, a bunch of camera flashes stung over us.

"Hey, Chace and Alex! Are the both of you dating?"
"When will the both of you admit that you guys are dating?"
"What's next for the both of you?"

I rolled my eyes and made my way to the hotdog stands. I seriously hated Paparazzis and Media. Sure they help for all the Publicity but can't these people understand a thing about Privacy? Besides, can't they just get any nagging? How many times do we have to tell them that Chace and I never had a relationship. Were just best friends. Right??

"What's wrong Alex? Don't tell me your affected with those jerks?" Chace asked with a worried expression on his face.

"No, I am just suprised.Let's go!" I grabbed Chace by the hand and I dragged him into the Roller Coaster. It's not our first time to ride the awesome ride but I feel the tension that surrounds me and I'm quite nervous.

"Is it just me or I can really feel that your nervous?" Chace asked, biting his lip from laughing. He knew me too well.

"Whatever, Shut it okay? I'm not nervous." I spatted, shoving his arm.

"C'mon Alexis. We've rode this for like a million times so how come your nervous?" Chace asked, now grinning like a maniac.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not, certainly NOT nervous, Crawford. I'm just a bit dazed since I haven't rode this one for what, 3 years?!" I explained to him as we went into the line.

"Whatever you say, Parkinson. But seriously, you don't need to be nervous. I'm here. The one and only Nate Archibald."

"But your my one and only Christopher." I teased him while I pinched his cheek till it turned red.

"Ouch! Alex! Glad to see that your maturing." He sarcastically remarked, wiping his cheek as it is now as red as an apple.

"Excuse me." We were both stopped when a little girl approached us with her Mom. Oh she's so adorable.

"Yes?" I approached the girl with all smiles, Ah she's totally cute. I kneeled down so that I can see her cutesy eyes.

"Can I have a picture taken with you?" She asked sweetly, giving me a lopsided grin.

"Sure Princess, I'd love to." I told her as her Mom with all smiles stepped forward to capture us.

"Can I have an autograph?" She asked again.

"Of course, only if you tell me your name." I joked, kneeling over her again.

"I'm Maddie." she told me shyly tugging her Mom along while her Mom gave me a piece of pen and paper to sign on. I grabbed the paper and scribbled something like, "Hey cute little Maddie, thanks for making me smile. Study hard and always listen to Mommy. Love, Alexis Parkinson your older sister"

"Here you go. How old is she?" I asked her petite brunette haired Mom.

"She's 4 and she loves you so much that when she saw you here she can't help but to jump." Her Mom informed me all smiles.

"Aww, she's so sweet. Hey Maddie, Take care okay? Thank you." and I gave her a high five. She's so cute, now I totally miss my little sister Addie.

I gave Maddie a big hug and I went back to Chace who is watching intenly with a huge grin plastered all over his face.

"Done with the staring?" I shoved him again and I noticed that were gonna be next for the little Roller Coaster ride. Just in time.

"Your one little cookie Alex. Your really a good role model." He told me with a hint of joke but I can see the seriousness of his voice.

"Yeah right, the kid. She's too cute!" I squealed.

"You miss Addie right?" he asked me. God, why do he always figure it out?

"You know me too well." I smirked.

"I'm born to know you Alexandra Simone Parkinson." He responded with a wink.

We rode the Roller Coaster and true to his word, I didn't throw up cause I know that he's there to watch me and hold me. I don't know but there is something in him that really makes me comfortable, as if the world vanishes. Just him and I conquering everything but don't get me wrong though, I only see him as a friend. Best friend. We made our way through all the rides and when the ride starts, we couldn't help to scream our lungs out. It made our friendship tighter and this moment is perfect. We didn't care about the time, we didn't care about the Paparazzi's. All we cared is were together as friends and nothing can beat that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I so love my updating scheme, Yihaaa! :]