Where Will I Be When I Wake up Next to a Stranger

Come Together, Come Apart

“He kissed you?!” Jonathon nearly yelled at the top of his lungs in Starbucks, making people stare at the both of them.
“Yes, now keep your voice down.” Katherine whispered as she sucked down her caramel macchiato.
“Holy shit he does have balls.” Jonathon grinned, putting his hands behind his head.
“Jonathon, honestly you didn’t think he was capable of kissing a girl?” Katherine asked sarcastically.
“Oh now, kissing a girl is easy, but kissing you?” Jonathon laughed as Katherine scoffed.
“You’ve kissed me before.” She challenged as Jonathon became serious.
“I thought we agreed to never speak of that again.” He said as Katherine laughed at this.
“I know, but I got you to shut up didn’t I?” She smiled behind her cup.
“You’re evil.” He smiled back as Katherine’s phone started to go off.
“Hi Peter.” Katherine greeted over the phone as Jonathon mimicked her.
“Tonight? Sure I have tonight off. Oh fun. Yes I’ll see you tonight then. Bye.”
“Ooo some more lovin’ tonight?” Jonathon teased as they both pulled their sunglasses on and walked outside into the chilly yet sunny weather of Chicago.
“Oh he wishes.” Katherine grinned as they both got into a cab.

---

“Hey Patrick.” Katherine smiled wide as she hugged him on the way into Pete’s apartment.
“Hi.” He said back, letting her in where she saw the rest of the boys and some other people.

Katherine made her way through the small get together to find Peter talking to some girl in a corner. She turned around to leave the two alone but Peter stopped her by calling her name.

“This is Rachel, my sister.” He introduced the short brunette he was talking to.
“You must be Katherine, I’ve heard so much about you.” Rachel smiled and shook Katherine’s hand.
“Really now?” Katherine smiled back as she glanced at Peter.

Rachel noticed the interaction between her brother and Katherine and excused herself to leave them alone.

“Your sister is very pretty. What happened to you?” Katherine said sarcastically as he smiled.
“Very funny Ms. Wiley. You want a beer?” He asked as they both moved out of the corner to a couch.
“Uh sure, why not.” She shrugged as she made herself comfortable.

When Pete left, Katherine overhead a conversation between T.J. and Mike in the same corner that she was standing in earlier with him.

“Pete said they were close to fucking last night. I wonder how easy it really is to get in her pants.” T.J. laughed as Katherine’s face felt hot.

Pete came back with two beers and a grin on his face, but Katherine didn’t smile back.

“What’s wrong?” He asked as he handed her a beer.
“This is.” She said as she began to pour the beer on him.
“What the fuck!” He yelled as he stood up and she threw the glass on the floor.
“We were not close to fucking, you asshole.” She told him as everyone was staring at them and she headed for the door.

She slammed the door behind her and got into the elevator.

“Katherine, wait.” Peter sighed as he tried to wipe the beer off his face.
“Katherine…” He began before the elevator doors closed on him.
“God damn it.” Peter sighed as he went down the staircase instead.

Katherine willed herself not to cry over some stupid guy as she stepped out of the elevator and walked outside into the now pouring rain. She stood waiting for a cab but when she heard Peter calling behind her, she opted to just walk home.

“Katherine, would you just wait a second?” Peter asked as he put his hand on her shoulder and turned her around.
“What make you so special?” She asked him as they both stood in the pouring rain right outside of his apartment complex in downtown Chicago.
“I’m willing to love you without trying to make you love me back.” He said confidently as she took a moment to answer.
“Do you believe it’ll work?” She asked him as she tried to fight off her thoughts of the past relationships that didn’t.
“I know it will.” He replied, with a small smile, trying to assure her that he wasn’t lying this time.
“I know you don’t believe me. Or even trust me. But I want you to, just this once. At least try this. What do you have to lose?” He went on, trying to win her over.

It wasn’t easy, to say the least, but he wished to whatever higher power was out there that she would just once believe in him. To grant him this acceptance she so struggled with.

“Pete. Peter. If you ever break my heart, or Amity’s I swear-“
“I would never.” He cut her off, as she for once let her walls down.

She finally believed in this man that she barely knew. She didn’t understand why, but for the time being, she didn’t give a fuck. He was the only one she could turn to. He hugged her close to him, despite their sopping wet clothes.

“Let me just prove this to you. Let me take you on three dates, and after the third date you can decide if you want to make this work or not. If you don’t fine, and if you do, then great.” Peter smiled as they both shivered in each other’s arms.
“Fine but please just be me out of this fucking rain.” Katherine said as Peter just laughed and they both make their way back to the small get together he was having.
“Oh, Peter…” Katherine trailed off as he quirked an eyebrow.
“I’m sorry for pouring beer on you and breaking that glass on your floor…I was just really mad at you.” Katherine tried to apologize as they were standing in the elevator.
“It’s fine. I’ll get use to it, just for you.” Peter smiled and grabbed her hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooornjkgnrkjengkjrngkre.
I'd much appreciate comments, cause I don't know who the hell reads this anymore.
But if not, I guess that's cool too.