Status: Draft is being written.

If My Heart Had A Face, It Would Be Smiling

Getting Close?

I sat in my bedroom getting ready for yet another dinner party that Viktor was having with some of his Quidditch mates, something I always dreaded. Only this time Viktor seemed a bit, different. When he came in the room he was dressed his best, and extremely handsome in his dress shirt and pants, a blazer placed over it framing his well-sculpted body nicely, he smiled at me sadly. I looked up at him taking a deep breath and stood up in the cream colored gown that he had bought for me not too long ago and twirled for him.

"What do you think?" I asked as I stopped in front of him. He looked at me and then took my hand, bringing my body in close to his.

"You're beautiful, Selene." As I looked into his eyes I could just tell he felt how unhappy I was in our marriage. We had only ever had sex once and even though it was in pitch black, I knew Viktor saw the silent tears running down my face.

"You're not so bad yourself, Krum. Let's get going before your friends scold us for being late." I went to walk over to my shawl but Viktor stopped me, holding me by my waist. He brought his hand up and cupped my chin; I was completely taken away by his actions, not used to him being so bold. He leaned down and lightly kissed my lips and what was completely uncalled for, was that I kissed back.

"Let's go." I smiled weakly and nodded my head, grabbing my shawl from the bed and wrapping it around me. It was black and everything contrasted with my skin beautifully, my dark brown hair falling around my face in light curls. Viktor and I looked like the ideal couple, if only people really knew what lay beneath the surface of this arranged marriage.

We got to the Aust residence and a house elf kindly escorted us to the dinning table. I had to keep my head down to the floor in order to not stare at the pictures of my best friend that her sister had of her laying around the house. Just seeing Malia's smile would bring tears to my eyes, knowing that I wasn't there with her, helping her smile like I used to. It was my job, to make Malia smile and get on through with the next day of class. Now, I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do anymore.

"Viktor! We were just discussing the game that we had last week, out in Ireland, and remember how you kicked those Irish arses?" Damon Aust was Lolita's husband, and Malia's horrid brother-in-law. I honestly couldn't believe that Malia let her little sister marry such an atrocity. Damon Aust was one of the most charming, handsome, and well-built men on the team; however, he was also the one with the worst tempers and brutish manners on the team. A friend of mine who writes the sports column in our newspaper did research on the team members of Viktor's team and I asked him what information he had found out about Damon and it wasn't very pleasant. But, somehow he managed to swoon Lolita over and she's survived all this time with him so far.

Viktor had pulled out a chair for me as we all sat at the dinner table only one other couple there and I was slowly easing myself into the chair. I looked up at everyone at the table who quickly shot me a disapproving glance. They all hated me, except for Lolita. I used to sneak her chocolate frogs and Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, because her parents wouldn't let her out or eat sweets. Malia was an exception because she was their first and they expected her to do great things...I didn't know what great things she was up to but I knew it had to be good.

"So, Selene, I heard you did an interview with Draco Malfoy recently?" I looked up at Claudia, some blonde trophy wife of one of the players asked me, I just glared at her as both Viktor and Lolita looked at me, waiting for my answer.

"Yes, I did. It was for my paper, did you read it?" Claudia smirked and leaned into the table as the house elves brought out plates of food for everyone.

"No, but I heard stories that, you two rekindled your romance." Now it was my turn to smirk. This stupid bitch wasn't going to put me down, no.

"Claudia, if that was the case then, trust me, Viktor would know. I respect my husband, I wouldn't cheat." It was the truth. I couldn't do that to Viktor after he's been so kind to me, I truly did grow respect for the man. Lolita looked at me confused, she knew all about me being in love with Draco, why was I all of a sudden defending my "love" for Viktor? Even Viktor was confused. I grabbed his hand and gave it a light squeeze, which confused him even more but I felt like I had to reassure him.

"It must have been hard seeing an old flame. You two were hot I heard in Hogwarts. Lolita, doesn't your sister know about that?" Lolita looked at Claudia speechless. She didn't know what to say, she was confused by the whole situation.

"Claudia, do you always have to gossip? Please, let's enjoy this lovely dinner and have grown up conversations? We're not in school anymore." Lolita scolded and I smiled at her. She winked at me and we all began eating. The rest of the night went on smoothly without anymore talk of Draco or me. I was glad, I even got a chance to sneak off and speak with Lolita for a few moments to tell her about Blaise and everything. She was thrilled and swore she wouldn't tell Malia yet. I needed Malia to believe this as much as Draco, she would come to it on her own accord soon but for now I wanted to make sure that she was safe from knowing and plotting against the contract. Blaise if anything would be the one to tell Malia all about my devious plan.

"Well, it's time for us to go. It was lovely seeing all of you again." Viktor commented handing me my shawl. He was always such a gentlemen and it killed me that I couldn't love him the way he deserved to be loved. He belonged with someone else, not a miserable woman who still in love with her ex-boyfriend.

"Thank you, goodnight!" I waved everyone off and we took the fireplace back to ours. I let out a sigh of relief and began to try and undo the zipper and straps from my dress.

"Mind if I help?" Viktor asked walking behind me. I shook my head and lifted my hair so that he could undo my back.

"You really didn't get hot and heavy with Draco?" I knew Viktor would ask this. Why wouldn't he? He has some right to question being my husband and all.

"Viktor even if I wanted to I wouldn't. There's a contract the I made with Lucius and my mother that will cause me more pain than you can imagine and then a sentence with the Ministry on breaking the contract." Viktor looked at me shocked, now knowing why I was still with him and thinking that I probably didn't respect him.

"I see..."

"Viktor, please what I said about respecting you was true. I wouldn't do that to you. As unhappy as I may be in this marriage, I have this need to be loyal to you, because you deserve it." Viktor looked down at me sadly and brought a hand up to caress my face.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't make you happy, Selene. I wanted to, I really did." I smiled feebly back at him and removed my dress showing off my undergarments. Seeing them was a rare occasion for Viktor, so when the dress slipped, his eyes wandered.

"Would you like to sleep in our bed, just for tonight?" I asked. I don't know what possessed me to ask, but some part of me said that I had to.

Viktor smiled, and nodded his head, "I would love to."

I had a gut feeling, if Blaise didn't act fast with Draco or Malia, somehow, I would become too comfortable with Viktor in our strange marriage.

I was NOT about to allow this.