Status: Draft is being written.

If My Heart Had A Face, It Would Be Smiling

The Other Man

My face was beginning to turn red and the feeling in my hands ceased. The snow raced down instead of floating delicately. Blaise’s hands met my chin and lifted my head up ever so gently. His hazel eyes intense as ever, causing me to crack a small smile; same old Blaise, never nervous no matter what.

I shied away, my smile growing even bigger, as I found interest in my frostbitten hands. “You still give me butterflies,” I informed softly. I heard him chuckle as he leaned against a wooden pole, stuffing his hands in his dark gray peacoat.

“That was never the problem Malia.” I sent him a questioning look.

“There was a problem?”

“It was getting you to open up, but we both know that or else we wouldn’t be standing here.” I felt like someone had just given me a wake up call. It wasn’t as if he had said it with arrogance. He spoke quite clearly, in his silky tone, but there was truth to his words. I just couldn’t believe it had taken me so long as to remember.

“So how does it feel to have a family?” He questioned, snapping me out of my daydream.

I pondered this for a moment and chuckled. “Julian is not my son, he’s my nephew.” Blaise looked up from the white powder, his features sharper than ever.

“Your nephew?” I shook my head. “Last I heard you weren’t speaking to her.”

I sighed. “Well yeah at first when she told me about Damon. But could you blame me? The man is a libertine, not to mention a jerk, and a year older than her.” It was Blaise’s turn to send me a quizzical look. “Is something wrong?”

“So that little boy isn’t yours?” I shook my head. “You have no kids?” I sighed but nonetheless shook my head. “And you’re not or ever have been married?”

“You know I’m beginning to think that you’re getting some sadistic pleasure out of my loneliness.” Blaise laughed, earning a glare from me. “And apparently there’s truth to my theory,” I mumbled. “I’m going now.”

He grabbed my arm, holding me back, and luring me in with those enticing eyes of his. He bent down to my ear, “I would never laugh at you Malia,” he retorted lovingly. Returning to his formal position he smiled down to me, his grin contagious. “In fact this would mean that you’re all mine.”

I shook my head. “I’m deeply sorry to inform you, Mr. Zabini, but that position seems to be filled already by a Mr. Julian Aust.” It was the truth; Blaise was no where to be found after Hogwarts and my father had died soon after Julian’s birth, so the little angel had taken on the role as the only man in my life.

“Really well it seems we have a problem then,” I shrugged playfully. Blaise glanced toward the clock tower, and gazed back at me. “And do you know where this Julian could be.”

“Oh I don’t know, school maybe.” A wave a caution came over me and I stole a look at the clock myself.

“You wouldn’t happen to mean the school that just let out, would you?” I narrowed my eyes. “Come on, we have to hurry,” I shook my head as we raced away from out desolate spot in the woods.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter! I love Blaise! And i love them together again! They should never be apart again, how foolish of me to do such a thing. Ha! So I thought this chapter was longer, but now that I'm reading it over I realize it's pretty short. I'm sorry, but I guess I just right short chapters.