I'm Fettered and Abused, Stand Naked and Accused

Chapter One

I first saw Jude at a 24/7 convenience store at 3:23 am, on a Wednesday, 2004. Don’t ask me how I remember, I just do, it’s like that with everything. I was only seventeen.

I was reading an Allure magazine which I picked up from the 3rd shelf, I had gone in every night that week, I ordered the same thing from the same cashier, I went in the same time and came out the same time.

The money I saved up from buying magazines was used to buy Slurpees, so I had something to drink while I read the magazines I hadn’t brought.

The familiar sound of the punk girl popping her gum could be heard from the counter, her elbows on the desk in front of her, reading a magazine while bopping her head, listening to her IPod.

The automatic doors opened, and the buzzer buzzed loudly, I had turned my head halfway to the left, to watch the cashier’s expression to see if it was important person. Her face froze and she ripped her headphones out of her ears, she unbuttoned the top two buttons on her uniform shirt, a flirtatious smirk on her face.

I turned my body fully towards the door, to see who could possibly be this important to make the cashier take her music out of her ears. Pale skin, black shaggy hair that was styled to look messy, straight nose, strong jaw and even though I was this far away, I could tell that his eyes were a striking blue. His body was kind of built from what i could see, and he was tall. Which was not hard compared to me.

Bottom line; he was gorgeous.

He stood at the door, with his hands in his black coat pockets, wearing dark blue baggy skater jeans. The collar of his coat pulled up, which I didn't quite understand, it wasn't winter.

He was smirking at the girl behind the counter, then he realized that there was someone else in the store, he scanned across the room and came across me, I was staring at him. Once he saw me. His smirk fell from his face.

I hadn’t felt like the scum of the earth this bad, since, well, ever.

He had the most intense eyes, like he could see through you into your soul. You could tell that he was a ladies man, the way he held himself, his posture, the way he smirked, I doubt he hadn’t smiled since he was a boy. It was all smirks

I tried to read his facial expression, but it was purely impossible, he broke his gaze with me and walked over to the cashier, from then on I stopped, I blocked everything out. I assumed they were flirting, it was far too painful. I wanted to punch myself in the face, why was my stomach burning with jealousy? He was too hot for me, for all I knew he was an asshole.

But I liked assholes.

Just refer to my last boyfriend.

Francis! Stop, just stop! You’re going to finish the rest of your Slurpee, and walk home.

I decided to listen to my inner self, at this point in my life, it seemed to be making all the proper, dependable decisions.

I was broken out of thought when I felt warm breath on my neck, I turned my head to the side, to try get a closer look, but the culprit was so fucking close that I was pressed between it and the shelf, if I turned anymore I’d had gotten a concussion from smashing heads.

“I would advise you to not come here tomorrow night,” he whispered, an accent was thin but still clear, I didn’t know where it was from, but it was extremely sexy. It was him, I could smell his cologne, or aftershave, and it smelt so good, I could see the fabric from the black coat.

“Why?” I managed to get out, he didn’t reply just smirked and left.

I managed to pull myself out of mind and turned to see the cashier glaring at me, she placed her headphones back in and went back to doing what she was before the mystery man came in.

I threw the magazine back onto the shelf and walked out of the store, placing the Slurpee cup into the trash that was provided.

I softly closed the front door of my parent’s house. I had to be extra quiet so that the maids wouldn’t think it was an intruder and try to kill me with their Hispanic voodoo.

My mother was a lawyer and my father owned huge business. This meant my mother worked all day and my father golfed all day. Which also meant, everyday I woke up to an empty house, I came home from school to an empty house. I would spend my every waking moment, which I wasn’t at school, studying, or at the convenience store shopping from home, alone

Like so many others, I had become a slave to magazine and online shopping, especially Amazon.com. If I saw something clever, cool, or nothing like I had before, I had to have it.

And I would like to say that I had the perfect duvet that defied me as a person, or at least I think I did.

It was cruel, but knowing my feather comforter was crafted by some honest, simple, hardworking indigenous peoples of…wherever, made me happy.

Naturally, with what my parents did for a living, our house was fucking huge, indoor pool, gyms, movie rooms, you get the picture.

I walked up the first flight of stairs that started in the foyer, I came to the door before another flight of stairs and walked into my room. Grey walls, a black two seated sofa, large LED TV, an Xbox 360, my laptop, it was all I really needed.

But my alter-ego teamed up with the bleach blonde, compulsive shopper inside of me and it drove me wild. I had everything in my room, a room should have and more.

My favorite was the purple and green neon lava lamp and the black lights around my room.

I looked at the large digital clock on the wall of my room, saying it was 4:30, deciding I was not going to get any sleep with the accent of “God” running through my head, so I stripped down to my underwear and laid on top of my bed.

Ironic that the night I expect not to fall asleep, I do. I looked at the digital clock on the wall; it was 2:46 pm, definitely not worth the 20 minute walk to school.

I sat up in bed; I grabbed a large t-shirt and slipped it over my head. I rubbed my eyes, trying to remember my dream more clearly.

I decided to call the insanely gorgeous man from yesterday, Tommy. He looked like a Tommy, he could pull off Tommy.

I didn’t follow "Tommy’s" advice he gave me earlier this morning in my dream, he showed up smirking in all his glory, and the stupid punk bitch watched us have sex.

Ya, it was a good dream.

I walked into the kitchen to see a note from my parents, they had apparently left for their anniversary three days ago, so I didn’t have to be super quiet. But how did I not notice them missing for three days?

Or even worse, why had I not seen this note?

For the rest of the evening I fucked around watching Friends re-runs, coming to a sense that I was kinda like Chandler. I had eventually ran out of red bull, I looked at the time on my cell phone.

3:00 am.

Would I dare go to the convenience store? Maybe Tommy didn’t want me going because he and slutty McWhore were going to have sex.

I couldn’t help it, I was going, I wanted nothing more than my dream to become reality.

I walked through the convenience store, throwing a five dollar bill onto the counter as I walked passed, going straight to the Slurpee station, once I had succeeded in getting my brainfreezy beverage, I walked over to the shelf with magazines.

I was reading for about a minute until I heard screeching tyres, but you know me, I turned my head to the cashier, she was still reading, so I blew it off. It was the shouting and the gunshots that got my attention. Four men busted into the store. Shooting out every camera before it would have anytime to record anything that had happened.

They were wearing black jeans, black long sleeved shirts and balaclavas, once all the camera’s were shot out. They took of their masks. I only managed to scan over the three good looking men, until my gaze was caught by Tommy’s. He smirked from the end of the isle and shook his head.

One of the masked men was holding a gun to the girl as she tipped the contents of the cash register into the bag that the other man was holding. Another one was looking at me, had opened a bag of chips and watching Tommy walk closer to me. They were all extremely good looking, but had nothing on Tommy.

“What did I tell you yesterday?” he said walking down the aisle.

“Not to come,” I whispered, looking at my feet.

“But, I know you have insomnia, Francis, so I’ll let you off,” He said smirking.

I didn’t care how he knew my name,or how he knew i had insomnia, I just wanted to ask one thing.

“What’s you’re name?” I didn’t know if he would tell me the truth, or if he was going to lie for obvious reasons. But when I thought about it, Tommy had no justice on how sexy this guy was.

“Jude, Jude Turner,” he said smirking.

Jude Turner, that was a name that fitted his looks.

From there on in, it was blur, the punk girl must have called the police, because they showed up like lightening, only one car. The men shot the two policemen, then the girl.

Jude grabbed my face and pulled it into his, kissing me on the lips.

I was the only person left in the store, there were three dead bodies, I didn’t know what to do, so I walked home. The next morning the anxiety set in, I had seen people get killed, and all I thought about was Jude kissing me.

But I did know one thing, it was from then on, I knew Jude was the guy for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
re-write.