Cricket On Tour

Not What It Seems

So, coming back to the bus was extremely awkward. I mean, as soon as we got back Jack started snickering uncontrollably and Zack looked quite murderous, but was trying to hide the daggers he was shooting at Alex. Then, Cat and Jared showed up with the rest of the Maine, including John. Luckily, by this time I was not in my clothes from last night.

“Cat-cat!” I squealed. She was definitely second string core now. The Taylor Townsend to my Summer Roberts and Lanie’s Marissa Cooper. Although, I would hope Lanie isn’t as destructive as Marissa and doesn’t end up dying in a fiery car crash or overdosing in Tijuana. And that Cat isn’t as obnoxious as Taylor. That would be unfortunate.

“Cricky!” Cat replied before tackle-hugging me. “I have so many activities planned for today!”

“Okie dokie!”

“And by activities, I mean devastatingly brilliant pranks.” Cat whispered in my ear as she dragged me toward the bus.

“Even better.” I said giving her a devious smirk.

Our brilliantly devious prank was water balloons. It was so simple it was perfect. We found a perch on one of water vans next to the All Time Low booth and catapulted water balloons at the unsuspecting victims below. We’d already gotten Jack twice and he still hadn’t figured it out. Let’s just say, it was a day well spent; and it was about to get better. Just then, Holly Martin started strolling towards our hidden perch.

“Shit yeah!” I excitedly whispered to Cat. “We have to pull the big guns out on this bitch.”

“And by big guns do you mean this bucket of water?” Cat asked with a wily smirk.

“Why, yes I do.” I replied giddily. “Okay, I’ll take the bucket of water. You get the rest of the balloons and make it rain.

“I knew it!” a voice said from behind us. We whirled around as gracefully as possible while still staying hidden on the roof.

“Jack?” I asked as he clumsily clambered on the bus.

“I mean, I knew the water balloons had to be coming from somewhere!” Jack rambled on.

“If you’re here, shut up and grab some balloons.” Cat snapped and thrusting some balloons into Jack’s unsuspecting hands.

“Okay,” Jack agreed happily. “Who’s our next victim?”

“Holly Bitch Martin.” I said solemnly.

“Perfect,” Jack smirked.

Holly was almost directly underneath us. I started tingling in anticipation, I almost dropped the water right then, but that would have ruined everything.

She was directly underneath us now.

“Ready?” Cat asked. “GO!”

I poured the water directly on top of her, drenching her from head to toes. Jack and Cat hurtled water balloons all around her. She shrieked and jumped every which way.

Our cackles were so loud that they could be heard over the din of Warped Tour. We barely were able to duck back down into our hidey-hole and weren’t spotted by Holly, but I’m pretty sure she knows who was responsible for the “Super Soaker” as we are fondly calling it.

“So, I heard you had some fun today.” John said later that night as I sat outside the bus in a folding chair with Lanie.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I replied smoothly. I had my safety to protect. Holly was a crazy bitch.

“Are you kidding? All of Warped Tour is talking about it. You’re a legend, Cricket Merrick.” John said smiling.

Damn him and his stupid crush. I would really like to be friends with him but he is making this way too difficult and awkward. Stupid boys.

“Hmm, doubt that.” I said. “Nobody knew it was me and you can’t prove it.”

“Dude, Cat spilled the whole story. I know everything.” John said smirking.

But before I could reply, Holly came storming up to me her eyes wild and I knew that this is what death looked like.

Well guys, this is it, the end and it’s been a hell of a ride.

“You little bitch,” Holly spat when she made it over to me. “I know that it was you.”

“I, uh, um,” I sputtered. Holly was terrifying.

“Just shut up and listen. Alex doesn’t love you. He obviously is still in love with me and you need to back the fuck off,” she screeched.

“Excuse me,” I said gaining some courage. “But I believe I’m the one he’s dating.”

This is when she calmly smirked. And that scared me more than the screaming.

“Don’t be so sure Baby Merrick,” she said coolly. “Who’s the one with a song written about them?”

I said nothing and just gaped at her. My mind was just blown.

“That’s what I thought. You better watch your back. You messed with the wrong bitch.” Holly sneered before practically waltzing off.

“Oh God,” I wailed when she was gone. Lanie looked at me sympathetically and John shifted uncomfortably. “How could I be so dumb?”

“C’mon Crick,” Lanie soothed. “Alex has written lots of songs about lots of girls.”

“Lanie!” I bawled. “Not helping!”

“Wait, what song are you talking about?” John stupidly asked being the pain in the ass he was. Couldn’t he just leave me to my misery?

“Holly (Would You Turn Me On?).” I stated blankly.

“Oh,” was all he could say.

My perfect life just shattered into a million pieces. My perfect boyfriend who loved only me was no longer that perfect. I mean, I wasn’t an idiot I knew he had been with other girls, but I assumed I was different. I guess I was wrong, I didn’t mean enough to even get a stupid song written about me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here we go again! I'm on a roll! Actually, it's probably the fact that I only have 13 hours this semester and get done with class at 11. Oh, college is so stressful ;)