Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

I Sing For The Passion Inside My Heart

We arrived at the Isaac Royal Theatre and I got out of the car. So as to not to blow their cover, all the Jonases were wearing wigs, moustaches and hats with large sunglasses even though it was now quite dark. Even Frankie had on a wig and large sunglasses.

I couldn't stop giggling at all them, especially Nick with his handlebar moustache. They all wished me luck as I walked towards the stage door at the side of the building, having to go there with the other contestants. I was soon stopped by Tyler and Caleb who gave me tight, air-restricting hugs whispering their own good lucks in my ear.

I couldn't have asked for a better family. It was definitely a rare occasion when my brothers and I would fight. There wasn't anything none of us would do for each other.

"Cooper? Zoe Cooper? Is she here?" A loud voice barked. I put my hand up.

"Good. You'll be on last. John and Simon, our hosts obviously, will be interviewing you before and after your performance behind the curtain alright?" The man said and I nodded, showing I understood.

"Right, Carrie Ann, you'll be starting off in fifteen minutes, ready with Pookie?" The man asked a rather large and portly looking woman who nodded, kissing her just a chubby Pomeranian dog.

I shuddered and simply started a few vocal exercises before being told to hush by the stage manager. It took ages to get through the first lot of ten acts. There was a lot of booing but not a lot of cheering. The judges were being harshly critical as well. About three of the first ten got through.

All confidence had gone out of me. I was shaking. The small break began but was soon over. The first act went, ten minutes later the second, fifteen minutes later the third and so on and so on.

Soon, I was the last one left. The stage manager motioned for me, sticking a mic in my hand as I strode on to the stage but still hidden at the side. John and Simon smiled at me.

"Hey Zoe, how are you feeling?" John asked pleasantly.

I took a double take at him knowing my name before answering, "Terrified."

They laughed and I blushed, he cameraman filming me.

"So, do you think you have a chance to get through?" Simon asked, a broad grin on his face.

"Yesterday; yes. Tonight; No." I admitted, laughing softly.

"I'm sure you'll do fine, anyway good luck." John smiled as the announced said my name loudly. I walked across the stage to deafening applause and yells, my family making the most of it.

I smiled and blushed, looking at the ground before looking back up. I could see the crowd and I could see the judges, the lights only slightly blinding me.

I stared out at the audience, at the judges, taking it all end.

"So Zoe, how old are you?" Paul, a judge asked.

"Fifteen." I said, little confidence in my voice.

So if you care to find me, Look to the western sky!

"Your act?" He asked me.

"I'll be singing."

As someone told me lately, Everyone deserves the chance to; fly!

"Singing what?"

"Mandy Moore, Only Hope from A Walk to Remember."

And if I'm flying solo, At least I'm flying free!"

"I like that song, it's a favourite of mine actually." Miriama , another judge commented.

I nodded, "Me too."

"To those who'd ground me, Take a message back from me!

"When you're ready then." Miriama smiled.

"Okay." I said, breathing in deeply.

Tell them how I, Am defying gravity!

As the starting bars began, I looked for Nick. That one boy who brought peace and relaxation to my nerves. He smiled and nodded his head. I closed my eyes, blocked all else from my mind and sung.

I sung like I never to see the light of day again.

I sung for my family.

I sung for my brothers.

I sung for my father.

But most importantly, I sung for the passion I held inside my heart.