Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

Boredom Buster

Image

It wasn't until midday that everyone had actually gotten up, showered and dressed. We sat in the lounge, me upside down on the sofa with Kevin and Joe next to me.

"I'm bored!" Caleb whined from the ground. I tilted my head back and looked at him then fake pouted.

"Let's do something!" Chace said happily.

"Like what?" Tyler asked, lounging on the two seater with Nick.

"Ooh!" I cried, "Quad biking across the paddocks!"

All the boys were pleased with my decision and soon we were at the barn. Nick and Joe opened the door wide for us as Caleb, Chace, Tyler and I rode our bikes out of the barn.

We came to a halt at the edge of the empty paddock. Kevin had already both gates on either side of it. Kevin climbed on behind Chace, Joe with Tyler and Caleb with Nick. (Damn..)

"Race Chace?" I challenged, revving my quad. The six of them laughed.

"Feel like you're up to a beating little sis?" Chace teased, revving his own bike.

"Show me what you got." I taunted.

"Fine. From here through the other gate alright. Loser mucks out the pig pen, for a month." He smirked.

"Okay. GO!" I yelled, slamming down on the pedal.

The bike took off with a jolt, Chace swore behind me then started driving. I could hear behind me and I kept going for the gate.

"Cheater!" He yelled behind me.

"Try and keep up big bro!" I yelled, the wind whipping my hair back as my bike drove on.

I twisted the handlebars, causing the bike to skid across the ground as I passed through the gate. An angry Chace and a bemused Kevin behind me.

My bike rocked to the side a bit as it stopped skidding, giving me a fright and causing Chace to momentarily forget I kicked his arse.

"You shouldn't have skidded when you're going that far!" He told me off.

"Sorry." I mumbled, dropping my shoulders. He scowled and got off his bike walking over to me.

"Do it again and I'll take your keys alright." He warned. I nodded, feeling foolish.

"Hey Chace?" I called out as he neared his bike. He turned back around to me, "What?"

"Have fun with the pigs!" I snickered, turning my bike back on and driving off quickly, Kevin's laughter behind me.

We spent another two hours racing each other. Caleb was now having to do the washing, feeding the chickens and cleaning everyone's room. Tyler had to mow the paddocks and feed the cows. Chace was mucking out the pen's and milking the cows. I was stuck with feeding the sheep, cleaning the house and cooking dinner.

We all trudged wearily inside, the sun beat down on us and so we all got a drink from the fridge.

"Geez it's hot." Joe moaned, wiping his forehead with his top.

"Ooh!" I cried, another idea popping into my mind as Caleb rolled his eyes, "Water fight in ten minutes! Get whatever you can and be outside!"

The guys laughed and soon we all rushed from the room to our own. I hastily pulled off my jeans and t-shirt replacing them with green bikini that had a sheen to it and a pair of black cotton shorts. I yanked my hair out of it's ponytail, running to get water bottles from under the kitchen sink. I filled three of them up as Joe and Tyler emerged. They grabbed buckets as I ran around to the side of the house, stashing two of the bottles.

I ran back to the front and quickly claimed the hose as all six boys came out with water bottles and buckets. I twisted the tap and water came spurting out of the nozzle of the hose, hitting Kevin square in the chest. I laughed but it was cut off as Chace and Nick dumped a bucket of water on me. I turned the hose on them, Kevin trying to squirt me with a bottle. I shrieked as someone hoisted me up, their arms around my waist. Nick grabbed the hose and began squirting me. Caleb dumped a bucket on Nick who turned on the hose on him.

I finally realised it was Joe who held me so I struggled against him, laughing as he tickled me mercilessly. He soon stopped though as Kevin and Chace dumped two buckets on him, also getting me in the process. Joe set me down to go after the two of them. I wrestled with Nick to gain possession of the hose as Tyler and Caleb squirted their water bottles at each other.

I screamed in shock as Nick turned the full force of the hose straight into my face. Spluttering, I took a step back, my face contorted in shock as Nick laughed at me.

"Nice piercing." He commented, smiling. I looked down at my stomach and saw the sparkling belly bar.

"Oh shut up," I remarked. I stumbled back abit as Nick squirted the hose at me again.

"That's it!" I yelled. I ran around the house and grabbed two bottles. I came back to find Nick gone, along with the other boys. I spun around, looking for them.

Where they hell are they? I wondered silently when suddenly six buckets of freezing water were dumped on me. I whirled to see them all laughing, Nick, the hardest. I uncapped one of the bottles and squirted, getting him full on the face, shocking him.

"Beat that." I smirked, placing a hand on my hip cockily.

Nick grinned, "Oh I plan to."

The boys all laughed and 'oohed' at his words. The water fight soon ceased and we all went back inside after drying off a bit outside in the sun since we forgot to bring out towels.

I grabbed my towel and went back outside, laying it on what seemed to be the only dry patch of ground. I got comfortable and put my arms behind my bed, closing my eyes.

Hey, where the hell did the sun go?? I opened my eyes to see Nick standing over me, a broad grin on his handsome features.

"Yes?" I asked, closing my eyes again. I felt movement and reluctantly opened them to see Nick laying next to me on his own towel.

"Nice weather." He commented.

I snorted "We're talking about the weather?"

"Is that a problem?" He asked. I swear, I could almost feel that blimmin' smile.

"It's boring is all." I remarked. Nick moved and as he did so his arm brushed up against the side of my ribs, sending tingles up and down at my back.

I rather like that feel- Did he just block my sun again?!

I opened my eyes and glared at Nick, "Do you mind?"

He shook his head, "Not really."

"Very funny." I retorted.

"Hey Zoe?"

"What?"

"Shut up for one second."

"Wh-"

It was as I spoke those words that Nick softly pressed his lips to my own.