Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

So come on, come on, come on!

"That's it!" I exclaimed, "I give up!"

I flopped onto the couch, fanning myself. I was absolutely exhausted, Joe had beat me eight games in a row.

"Well," Kevin grinned, "You lasted longer than Nick and I usually do."

"Aw come on Zo! We were just getting started!" Joe whined, giving me the puppy face.

I shut my eyes quickly. "Nope! Not going to work this time Joseph!"

"But-"

Joe's protest was cut off though by the sound of my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I answered it.

"Zoe! Abbey here, how are you? Settled in yet?"

"Oh hello! I'm good thanks. Yeah, I'm actually at the Jonases right now."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, was there something you needed?"

"Well, I was actually going to ask if you could come into the studio today. I was hoping to get you to sing a few of these songs we have here, for the album you see, because I wanted to mess around with the music tonight so all there'd need to be tomorrow is you singing, you get me?"

"Oh," My face fell, "Yeah um-"

"But if you're busy.." He trailed off.

"Oh no! It's fine, really. I'll just go tell dad. What time do you want us there?"

"Is five okay?"

"Yeah sure. I'll go tell him now. I'll see you then."

"Alright Zoe. I'll see you at five."

"See you! Bye!" I ended the call.

"Who was that?" Nick asked.

"Mr Konowitch." I said glumly.

"What'd he want?" Tommy questioned. I sighed, "I have to go in the studio tonight. Looks like we won't be having dinner here tonight, sorry."

Joe pouted. "Aww, but-"

"Don't even start Joseph." I said, shooting him a stern look. Kevin snickered and Joe crossed his arms.

"Come on Tommy, we'd best go get dad and Aunt Laura."

The five of us left the basement and trudged upstairs to find our parents. They were all in the kitchen talking and laughing.

"Hey dad," I said, walking in, the boys following suit.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Mr Konowitch wants us to go in at five to do some song samples." I told him.

"Today?" Dad moaned.

I nodded. "Yeah, sorry Mr and Mrs Jonas."

"Denise hun, and no problem, you've gotta get this career of yours under way, I understand. We'll just have to do this another night." She smiled warmly.

"I'll go and get Lisa then." Aunt Laura said, downing her juice before getting up and leaving the kitchen.

I sat on one of the benches and Nick sat next to me. I breathed in deeply and stared at the ground. Nick nudged me.

"Something wrong?" He asked quietly, taking my hand.

"It's just happening so fast." I replied back quietly. He squeezed my hand and I looked at him.

"Don't worry. I'm here Zo." He replied in a soft voice. I stared at him, that gorgeous, sweet boy and then I smiled.

"Thanks."

"Come on Zo, we'd best get going." Dad said, placing a hand gently on my arm. I looked up at him, "Yeah okay."

I stood up from my stool then everyone walked into the hallway, me still holding Nick's hand.

"Sorry again Mrs- Denise." I apologised again but she waved me off.

"Don't even worry about it Zoe. Duty calls." She smiled and gave me a hug along with Mr Jonas.

"Have fun." Kevin said, appearing from behind his mother with Joe. They both gave me a hug as everyone else said goodbye.

We all walked outside, it was chilly but not raining thank lord. I turned to Nick before I got into the car. He smiled at me, "You'll do fine Zo, remember that."

"I'll txt you." I replied back before putting my arms around his neck and hugging him tightly. I let go then placed a kiss on his cheek before getting into the car. I waved to all of them as Aunt Laura drove back down the driveway then turned onto the road and drove off.

I sat in the car tapping my fingers against my knee as my other knee bounced up and down. Lisa was practicing voice warm up's with me. She was quite the talented little singer.

(A/N: From here on in, everything will be made up! If it isn't, I'll state it at the end of the story!)

The car was slowing and I started to get even more nervous but increasingly more excited. I grabbed Tommy's hand and he squeezed mine, giving me a grin.

Aunt Laura parked in the Hollywood Records parking lot after getting her ticket. As soon as the car was safely parked, I jumped out and began bouncing around, grinning like mad. I kept my jacket zipped all the way up to my chin so my throat would stay warm as we walked to the elevator.

"La, la, la, laaa!" Lisa and I sang, giggling in the elevator.

The control room and recording studio was on the eighth floor and when the doors opened I jumped out excitedly. It was door four I was in. I took off running down the hallway and ended up missing the room. Tommy and Lisa were laughing when I came back to them.

I knocked timidly on the door, hopping from one foot to the other in anticipation. The door swung open to reveal a smiling Mr Konowitch.

"Abbey!" I grinned. He gave me a hug then I introduced him to my family and he shook hands with dad.

"Come in, come in, have a seat." He gestured to us. We all walked past him. The control room was actually quite large and there was another man sitting on a seat in front of a mixing console, monitor speakers and a DAW with a computer.

"Cool." I muttered, staring around the room. There was the large panel of glass that separated the recording studio from the control room. It had already been set up with a microphone, music stand and I think I could see papers with lyrics on them.

"Zoe, this is John Bakerman, he is our 'music man' really," Abbey laughed, introducing us to the man. He smiled and shook my hand.

"Well, are you ready to sing?" He asked me, John's voice was husky. I think he smoked.

"Sure." I smiled. He led me into the recording studio and gave me a set of headphones. He said he'd play the a few of the music samples he had and then we'd take it from there.

I stood in front of the microphone, waiting nervously for the music to began. Abbey, Tommy and aunt Laura gave me the thumbs up while dad and Lisa grinned. I smiled back at them.

"Ready?" John asked through the speaker. I nodded and the music started playing. The starting was a played on the piano maybe accompanied by a guitar or something like it. I read the lyrics off the paper as I listened to the music.

We're done but it's not over
We'll start it again
After the end of the day,
it keeps getting better
Don't be afraid
we'll do it together

Come on, Come on, You know
It's your time to move
It's my time to move
Come on, Come on, Let go
Leave it all behind
Your past and mine


The music stopped and I looked up from the paper.

"Have you got the tune or do you need it once more?" Abbey asked.

I thought about it. "Um, once more please."

He smiled. "Sure."

The music began again and this time I hummed to it. I closed my eye's and listened to it, humming the words as it played.

The music stopped again and I opened my eyes.

"Okay, let's do this." I laughed. Everyone smiled and the music began once more only this time I began singing to it.

"We're done but it's not over
We'll start it again
After the end of the day,
it keeps getting better
Don't be afraid
we'll do it together

Come on, Come on, You know
It's your time to move
It's my time to move
Come on, Come on, Let go
Leave it all behind
Your past and mine.

Gone are the days of summer
We couldn't change it if we tried
Why would we want to
Let's go where we got to
Our paths will cross again in time
It's never the same tomorrow
And tomorrow is never clear
So come on, Come on, You know
Our time, Our time is here

We know but we're not certain
How can we be
How can we see what's ahead
The road keeps on turning
And all we can do is travel each day to the next

Come on, Come on, You know
It's your time to move
It's my time to move
Come on, Come on, Let go
Leave it all behind
Your past and mine

Gone are the days of summer
We couldn't change it if we tried
Why would we want to
Let's go where we got to
Our paths will cross again in time
It's never the same tomorrow
And tomorrow is never clear
So come on, Come on, You know
Our time, Our time is here

Yeah Yeah!
Come on, Come on, Our time is here

Gone are the days of summer
We couldn't change it if we tried
So come on, Come on, Come on

Come on, Come on, Come on!

So come on, Come on, You know
Our time, Our time is here!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, yes, I've used the song from Camp Rock lol.
I'm not a very good songwriter... Okay, that was a lie lol.

I can't even write songs. (SHOCK HORROR!)

Yeahh, so I'll be using other's songs but probably only the one's
that aren't very, like, big haha!!

Hope you like this, boring, yeah but I've gotta get this all
out of the way for the drama that will soon unfold!

Happy reading!!

(Comment please!)'

P E A C E
x o