Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

Life was officially bliss!

"And I know why
Try to run
But I keep on
Coming back
Full circle
And I can't jump the track
Can't let you go!

Try to once
So I keep on
Coming back
Full circle
'Cause I know you'll come around
You'll come around

I know you'll come around
You'll come around

Yeah I know you'll come around
You'll come around."


I finished singing my ninth song 'Full Circle', I loved all of my songs. They were fun and upbeat to sing. I only had to sing about three more before I could leave. I put my headphones down on the music stand and left the recording studio.

Dad handed me a bottle of water and I sat on the plush leather couch. John played back the last three songs for me as I chugged my water down thirstily. I was dizzy with happiness and excitement, hearing my voice played back to me and hearing the sound was an overwhelming feeling.

"It sounds great Zo." Tommy commented, giving me a side hug.

"Can you sing Tommy?" I asked him.

"A bit, I s'pose." He shrugged. I grinned brightly at him as if a light bulb had clicked on over my head.

"Abbey?" I asked excitedly.

"Hmm?" He asked, turning to look at me.

"Could the next song, perhaps, be sung with both Tommy and Lisa?" I asked him. He stared at me curiously.

"Huh?" Tommy asked, flabbergasted.

"Ooh! Yes please!" Lisa squealed happily, her eyes bright and shining.

"I don't-"

"Oh please Abbey? I mean, Lisa is a great singer and Tommy said he can sing a bit." I begged.

"Can you play any instruments Tommy?" Abbey asked him.

"Guitar and drums." He responded and Abbey gave him an appreciative look.

"Well, it wouldn't hurt. I mean, this was how the Jonas Brothers formed. And you play the piano right Zoe?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Wow, now we really do sound like the Jonas brothers."

Abbey laughed. "Of course, we have to have permission from Tommy and Lisa's mother."

The four of us looked at aunt Laura who looked deep in thought.

"Mom?" Lisa asked, her eye's pleading as she gave a full on puppy face.

"I suppose you can sing this one song and then we'll take it from there." Aunt Laura finally said.

"Yes!" Both Lisa and I cheered as Tommy rolled his eyes.

"Go on then you three, into the booth." Abbey ushered us in and handed us each a pair of headphones along with a separate mic for Lisa since she was smaller than both Tommy and I.

The music began and the three of us began listening to it, Lisa and I humming along as Tommy closed his eyes. It soon stopped and Abbey asked us if we wanted to try singing it now. I looked at the other two and they nodded. We each figured out parts we would sing and then we decided to sing the chorus all together.

Tommy:
"Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend, sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside ev'ry darkened door

Where blues won't haunt you anymore
Where brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore
We won't hesitate
To break down the garden gate
There's not much time left today,"
All:
Life is a highway
I wanna ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I wanna drive it all night long
Zoe:
Through all these cities and all these towns
It's in my blood and it's all around
I love you now like I loved you then
This is the road and these are the hands
From Mozambique to those Memphis nights
The Khyber Pass to Vancouver's lights

Knock me down get back up again
You're in my blood
I'm not a lonely man
There's no load I can't hold
Road so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Just tell 'em we're survivors
All:
Life is a highway
I wanna ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I wanna drive it all night long
Lisa:
There was a distance between you and I
Zoe:(between you and I)Lisa:
A misunderstanding once
But now we look it in the eye
Zoe:
Ooooo...Yeah!
Lisa:
There ain't no load that I can't hold
Road so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Just tell 'em we're survivors
All:(x3)
Life is a highway
I wanna ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I wanna drive it all night long."


The song ended and Lisa and I cracked up laughing.

"That was brilliant kids!" Abbey congratulated us when we walked back into the control room.

"I must admit, that was one of the best performances any of you have ever done." Aunt Laura beamed as dad hugged Lisa and I.

"Yes, I have to admit, that was some great singing." John smiled.

"I was wondering, Laura, Mark, if we could actually sign the kids as a group, if you don't mind." Abbey said, looking from me to dad to aunt Laura.

Aunt Laura looked at dad and he shrugged. "If you want to Laura."

Aunt Laura looked apprehensive but Lisa was jumping up and down happily. Tommy rolled his eyes at his little sister. I elbowed him and he shoved me back gently.

"Come on aunt Laura, you heard us, we're great together." I smiled, greasing up to her.

"Yeah mom! Please?" Lisa begged.

"What about your show darling?" Aunt Laura asked Lisa who immediately stopped jumping.

"Oh no." She moaned, slumping onto the couch. I sat next to her as Abbey looked questioningly between us all.

I placed an arm around Lisa who stared at the ground. "Well Lisa, all you have to decide is, which do you want more? To perform on Broadway or to sing with your cousin and brother."

Lisa looked up at me with her big brown eyes. "I-I think I just want to stick with Broadway.. for now."

I smiled down at her. "Good choice, you're still young Lisa, you've got heaps of time ahead of you."

"Thanks." She said, hugging me.

"So, does this mean it's only Tommy and Zoe then?" Abbey asked.

Aunt Laura nodded. "Yeah, Tommy? Do you want to?"

"Yeah, it'll be fun I guess." Tommy shrugged. Abbey beamed at him.

"Great, I'll have the contract ready for you tomorrow when you come back in." He said.

I grinned at Tommy. This was perfect, I was already recording songs for an album AND my favourite cousin would be singing them with me.

Life was officially bliss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeahh, used another song, oh well. Things
are going to start getting better, I PROMISE!!

Please, just hang in there!!

Comments are very much appreciated!!

Thanks!!

P E A C E
x o