Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

Missing You..

It was about eleven when we finally finished. I had done the rest of the songs solo but Abbey had said that tomorrow Tommy would be singing about half of them with me. Wearily, I sat in the back of the car, my head resting on Tommy's shoulder and my lids heavy as I tried to fight back the sleep. It was about half an hour before we got back to aunt Laura's. I'm not too sure but I think Tommy carried me up to my bed as I had fallen asleep in the car.

The next morning I woke early, at about six. I staggered out of my bed and into the bathroom, splashing water on my face. Abbey had told us to be at the studio at eight to begin recording the songs properly and then apparently I had a photo shoot at three so that there were picture's of me they could use for posters, advertising and such.

I had a quick shower then went back into my room to get dressed. The outside sky was a depressing grey so I pulled on a pair of purple sweatpants, a white v-neck, long sleeved sweater with a grey tank underneath and a pair of black ugg boots. I blow dried my hair then went downstairs to the kitchen to grab breakfast. No-one was up yet so I grabbed a bowl of fruity pebbles and then quickly ate my cereal before sculling a glass of orange juice.

I was brushing my teeth when Tommy walked in, dressed in a pair of nice, dark blue jeans, a blue striped shirt and a pair of nice shoes that shined.

"Wow. What's the occasion?" I joked as I rinsed my mouth out.

"Uncle Mark said you're not allowed to wear your sweats today." Tommy smiled.

I groaned. "Oh come on."

"He said he wants you in nice clothes for once." Tommy said, leaning against the door frame.

"It's not fair." I whined before pushing Tommy out of the room and then changing again, this time into a pair of (Kristen's) bright blue skinnies, a pair of knee high flat black boots, only leaving my grey tank and white sweater alone. I grabbed my white trench coat Chace had gotten last year for me and a wool cabby hat. I shoved it on over my hair as aunt Laura called for me.

"Coming!" I yelled down to her before grabbing my cellphone and i-pod and then rushing downstairs.

"Where'd you get that coat Zoe? It's positively stunning on you." Aunt Laura complimented me as we all walked outside.

I blushed and grinned. "Thanks, and Chace, actually got it for me."

"He has some style then." Aunt Laura said as we got into the car.

I shrugged. "I expect he got one of his girl mates to pick it out."

Aunt Laura laughed. "That wouldn't surprise me. Anyway, how are the boys doing Mark?"

The conversation soon continued between Aunt Laura and dad while I sat in the back of the car with the flask of lemon and honey tea Lisa had made for me. I pulled my cell phone out, only just remembering I had forgotten to txt Nick last night.


Morning sleepy head. =)

x


I smiled at the message and sent it then laid against Tommy's shoulder again and waited for the reply. We were just about at Hollywood Records when my phone vibrated. Happily I flipped it open, Tommy reading the message over my shoulder.


Morning beautiful.
How was everything last night?

x


I txted my reply back as I got out of the car.


Brilliant! Tommy's going to get signed
with me. We're going to be a 'band'. =)
Lol.

G2G now sorry. Ill txt you later okay?

x


His reply was instantaneous.


Okay, Ill see you later ok?
We have a press conference today
and some signing gig but Ill try and get
lunch off okay?

x


My face fell.


I can't sorry. I'm in the studio most of
the day and the rest Im at a photo shoot,
sorry!

x



Okay, that's fine. I'll call you
okay? Have fun love.

Missing you.
x



See you superstar.

Missing you too.

x


I shut my phone as the elevator dinged open on the eighth floor again. I stowed it in my pocket and took another sip of my tea as we all walked down to room four. I knocked on the door and this time John opened it.

"Hey guys, come in, we're just finishing up with Selena here." John said.

My mouth dropped as I looked around the door to see Selena Gomez singing. Lisa looked star struck as well as we stayed rooted in our spots, staring at the black haired beauty. She finished singing and then took off her head phones. She looked up at us and then waved before coming out of the studio.

"You're my idol." Lisa gasped, wide eyed.

Selena laughed. "Thanks."

"Sel, this is Zoe, Lisa, Tommy, Laura and Mark." Abbey introduced us. Selena shook each of our hands.

"It's nice to meet you all." She smiled before turning to me, "Do you mind if I stay a little bit, my mom's just late picking me up and I'd rather not stay outside in the cold."

I shook my head, "No, of course you can."

"Thanks." She smiled before sitting next to Aunt Laura and dad on the leather sofa, Lisa still standing in the same spot.

"Well, Zoe, we want to record 'Let's Bounce' first, is that okay with you?" John asked me. I nodded, "Sure."

I took off my hat and jacket and handed it to my dad along with my flask before walking into the studio and putting on the head phones, the lyrics already on the music stand.

The music began and my foot began tapping along with it.

"Waiting For the start of something
Before we go out of our minds
All of this doing nothing is taking up too much time

There's gotta be something better
Something that we can do
Time to get the party started
Everybody's there too

You've got the wheels
I've got the feels
We've got whatever it takes
She's got the groove
He's got the moves
Everybody's ready to play

So let's bounce!
Into something new
Let's bounce
Cause we all want to
Let's shout
Gonna have some fun
Everybody everyone

Let's bounce
get the party on
Let's bounce
gonna dance till dawn
Let's shout
Gonna all tone down
Everybody everywhere

Let's bounce baby!"


I was grinning like mad as I rocked out to the song, flipping my hair and dancing along. I loved this song, it made me want to dance like crazy.

I finished the song and then came out of the studio so I could hear the play back.

"You're a really good singer." Selena said, smiling at me as we listened to the song.

"Thanks, I love you're music as well." I smiled back at her.

This is so cool!

"So where do you originally come from? Because that's so not an American accent." She laughed.

"Oh, New Zealand." I answered her.

"That's so cool. I've heard about New Zealand, it's so pretty from what I can tell from the photos I've seen." She gushed.

"Photo's don't do the country any justice." I said.

"This is so cool. I can't believe you come from there." She said excitedly.

"You think I'm cool? I'm thinking the exact same thing about you." I laughed.

"Oh, my mom's just txt. I'd best get going." She said, standing up, "We should definitely hang out sometime. I know Demi would love to meet you."

"As in Demi Lovato? That is so awesome. Yeah, here's my number." I smiled. Selena gave me her phone and I typed in my number then I gave her mine and she followed suit.

"Well, I'll txt you later Zoe, it was nice meeting you all." Selena smiled, waving to all of us before leaving the room.

I turned to Lisa and we squealed together. "I just got Selena Gomez's cellphone number!"

Tommy rolled his eyes and I'm pretty sure he mumbled something along the lines of 'Girls..'

"Okay, okay Zoe, back to work." Dad laughed, ruffling my hair.

Suddenly, my stomach protested loudly and very violently. I clutched at my stomach and doubled over.

"When did you last eat food?" Abbey asked, placing a hand on my back.

"Yesterday morning." I groaned as it grumbled.

"Food break. Now." Abbey said firmly. He gently pushed me to dad who gave me a stern look and help to pull me into a standing position.

"There's a cafe across the road if you want to get it from there." John said and dad nodded.

"Thanks." Aunt Laura said and the five of us left the control room and walked back to the elevator.

"Oh damn." Aunt Laura mumbled.

"What?" Tommy asked.

"Sorry honey, we're going to have to get some food on the way to rehearsals." She said, looking at her watch.

"Ooh yay! I can't wait to see who else got in!" Lisa grinned excitedly, her eyes big and wide.

"Okay, well txt me later Mark. Bye Zoe, Tommy. Have fun." Aunt Laura smiled as the door opened up for us.

Dad, Tommy and I stepped out. "Bye!"

"Bye!" Lisa and Aunt Laura waved as the door shut in front of them.

The three of us walked past the receptionist who was tapping away at a computer and talking rapidly into a headset. There were people constantly walking around, having somewhere to go. We walked out on to the street, me wrapping my arms around myself since I had forgotten my jacket. The cafe looked warm and inviting so the three of us crossed the road quickly and then ducked into the cafe, the warm enveloping us all. It was big-ish with three booths on either side of me and tables with two chairs each i front of the large window. We all walked up to the counter to see a smiling red haired woman.

"Hi! What would you guys like today?" She asked, her voice chirpy ad her cheeks flushed red from the heat inside the cafe.

"Hello, could I please get a black coffee and a glazed donut please?" Dad asked then looked at Tommy and I.

"A hot chocolate and croissant please." Tommy smiled.

I stared up at the board that listed the food items. "Um, can I get a lemon and honey tea, um, a bacon and egg croissant and.. Oh, what's velvet cake?"

"It's a rich and very sweet cake made with buttermilk. You simply must try it." The lady smiled at me.

"Okay, cool, yeah, can I also get a slice of that please." I said and she nodded.

"Okay, that'll be twenty-four dollars and fifty seven cents please." She smiled.

Dad handed over the money then we took a seat at one of the booths to wait for our food, my stomach still complaining. It was only 9.27am.

"So what time's your photo shoot?" Tommy asked me.

"You mean 'our' photo shoot." I corrected him but he shook his head.

"Nah, I decided not to sign." He said.

"What?!" I burst out, causing the man in another booth to stare at me over his paper.

"I just don't really enjoy singing as much as you, I'd rather be an architect or something." Tommy shrugged.

I pouted. "You suck."

"Good insult." Tommy remarked sarcastically.

My phone buzzed so I pulled out of my pocket and read the message, it was from Kristen. I lit up into a bright smile, I hadn't talked to her in like, forever!

Hello Superstar!
How is everything in ol celebrity-ville?

Love and miss you loads!!
Kris x o


I had received heaps of txts from everyone since I had left school but Kristen hadn't txt me in a while and I had been too busy to txt her.


Oh my gosh!! Hi stranger LOL!
Everything's great and I'm missing you
loads too! :'(! I'm actually just on my
food break, I'm recording songs
for my album! Can you believe it?
My OWN album! Arghh! Sooo exciting!

What about you love?? Hows new zealand??

Love you heaps!
Zoe x o


I sent the message just as our food was brought over. I smiled in delight and my stomach rumbled happily as I began biting into my croissant, scoffing it down quickly.

Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling.
And every time we kiss I swear I can fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side.
Cause every time we touch, I feel this static.
And every time we kiss, I reach for the sky.
Can't you hear my heart beat so,


I turned red as my phone rang and both dad and Tommy stared at me. I pulled my phone out and answered.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Just wanted to talk to my beautiful girlfriend." Came Nick's voice. I blushed again but couldn't hide my large smile.

"So what are you doing?" I asked him as I took a drink of my tea.

"We're just on our way to a radio interview. What about you love?" He asked, the butterflies in my stomach erupting into full blown madness.

"I'm just at a food break then I have to go back to singing. I have a photo shoot today as well." I told him, putting a forkful of cake into my mouth.

"Hmm, do you know what time? I might be able to drop in for a bit." He said.

"Um-" But I was cut off when there was a scuffle on the other end of the line.

"Wait! No- Joe! GET OFF! MOM!" Nick yelled.

"HI ZOE!" Joe screamed into the phone before it suddenly went dead. I stared at it for a few seconds, the disconnected tone beeping until I shut my phone.

"What happened?" Dad asked. I shrugged, "I wouldn't have a clue."

"Joe, I take it. I think that was his voice I heard." Tommy grinned and I nodded, my phone buzzing again.

"Jeez Zoe." Dad muttered as I shrugged innocently and checked my message.

NZ has gone MENTAL!
You and the JoBros are on like
EVERY magazine cover, seriously
I've never seen so much craziness
and now everyone thinks your
dating Joe because he had his arm
around you! It's insane!!

OHH and Kat wont shut up!
She's telling everyone that you
two have been inseparable since
birth and that you were the only
one who knew the boys were living with
you and apparently shes just waiting
for you to call and ask her to help
you with your album. IM GOING
TO KILL HER!!

Argghhh!!!! Anyway, I'll txt you
soon, I have to get to bed. I have a test
tomorrow =(

MISS YOU HEAPS ZO ZO!!

x o x o x o KRIS


I couldn't help but burst out laughing at the txt.

"Come on Zo, are you finished? We'd best be getting back." Dad said, standing up and putting a few dollars down on the table for the tip.

"Yeah, alright, I'll just reply to Kris." I said, txting a quick goodbye and update back as well.

"Do you mean Kristen Bakerman?" Tommy gaped as we left the comforts of the warm cafe and walked out into the cold outdoors.

"Yeah! I'm still friends with her, can you believe it?" I grinned as we crossed the road, walking back into the building.

"Wow, does she still have that annoying lisp?" He asked, stepping into the elevator after me.

I shoved him. "She only had the lisp because she had braces."

"It was still a lisp.." Tommy muttered but I ignored him.

"So, did you eat enough or do I have to send you back?" Abbey asked when we came back into the control room.

I blushed. "I forgot, I was busy."

"Yeah well don't forget again." He said sternly before handing me another piece of paper.

"What's this for?" I asked, staring at the blank sheet.

"I want you to write a song now. You know how to write songs right?" He asked.

"Um, sure, I've done a bit, I s'pose." I shrugged as he gave me a pen.
I stared down at my paper.

Think of a strong emotion.. I told myself. Anger? No. Love? Nah, everyone writes about that.
Um..

"Wow Zo." Dad said pulling me from my thoughts.

"What?" I asked, looking down at the paper in my hands. My eyes bulged as I saw words written down in my scrawl. "I don't even remember doing that."

"Let me have a look." Tommy said, holding out his hand. I have the paper to him and he nodded his read as he read it.

You take a deep breath and walk through the doors.
It's the morning of your very first day. You say hi to your friends
you ain't seen in a while. Try and stay out of everybody's way.
It's your freshmen year and you're gonna be here for the next four
years in this town. Hoping one of those senior boys will wink at you and say
you know I haven't seen you around, before.

Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you that they love you you're gonna believe them and when you're fifteen, feeling like there's nothing to figure out well count to ten, take it in this is life before you know who you're gonna be fifteen.

You sit in class next to a redhead girl named Abigail and soon enough you're best friends laughing at the other girls who think they're so cool. We'll be out of here as soon as we can and then you're on you're way.


"How would the melody and beat go then Zo?" Tommy asked, handing the paper back to me.

I thought about it, humming to myself. Soon, I could hear Tommy playing a bit of a beat with his hands.

"Sounds great kids. We'll get a bit of a beat going with a recording band, then Zoe, we've rescheduled your shoot for twelve, which is actually in about an hour and a half, so if we just record a few songs until then, we should be all set." Abbey said.

My phone buzzed again and Tommy groaned as I pulled it out. The message had been sent off Kevin's phone.

SORRY!
JOE TRIED TO TAKE THE
PHONE OFF ME SO MUMS
TAKEN IT OFF BOTH OF
US. TXT KEVIN WHAT TIME
YOUR SHOOT IS AND ILL
TRY TO MAKE IT!

MISS YOU HEAPS ZOE!
x o x o x o x


I sent my reply back and shut my phone, ignoring the looks everyone was giving me.

"We've also decided something else Zoe." Abbey said.

"What?" I asked.

"We're going to send you on a three month tour with Miley Cyrus.. Starting in January." Abbey said.

NO WAY!
♠ ♠ ♠
LONG ENOUGH??

Sorry, I haven't updated. I've just snuck
on the computer. I hope this is long enough
for you's until the next one comes out. Yeahh, I'm
kinda rushing but oh well, I need to get to the good parts!

LOL ENJOY!

P E A C E
x o