Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

Zoe Hearts N.J

Sitting in the shower the next morning I thanked the water for hiding my tears as I cried to myself, hugging my knees to my chest, my body shaking with my silent sobs.

"Zoe? You okay?" Chace called out, knocking on the door, "You've been in there for an hour!"

"Y-yeah. I'm fi-fine Chace." I called back, my voice breaking.

"Are you crying?" He asked, his voice worried.

"Just leave me alone! Please!" I begged him.

"What's wrong? Talk to me!" He yelled.

"Just go Chace!" I screamed, picking up the bar of soap and throwing it at the door, making a loud banging noise.

"Geez! I'm only trying to help!" Chace snapped before storming off.

I hung my head in shame, of course he was only trying to help. That's all my brothers ever did for me but right now I didn't want the help of my brother, I wanted to sit in this burning hot water and pray that my feelings would wash away with the water.

Another fifteen minutes later I finally got out, my skin raw and red. I changed into track pants, an over sized t-shirt that used to be dad's and even still smelt like him with a pair of Caleb's old rugby socks. I piled my hair into a bun and then walked downstairs, making myself some toast and a hot chocolate, finding a note from Chace saying he had gone out looking for a job and that Theo had given me the day off to 'recuperate'.

I sat in the lounge watching t.v when I could hear my phone going off in the kitchen. Reluctantly, I got up and grabbed it, checking the message.


I'm sorry.


My anger flared up suddenly. A txt? That boy honestly believes a bloody txt would-

"I HATE YOU!" I suddenly screamed, turning and throwing my phone with every ounce of strength in my body. It shattered against the far wall and I sunk down to the ground, leaning against the cupboard, my tears falling freely as I cradled myself.

. . .
Nick's P.OV

The Night Before...

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit." I mumbled, running a hand through my curls as I paced back and forth in my room.

Idiot. YOU BLOODY IDIOT NICK!

"Yo bro! What's up?" Joe asked, walking in.

"Get out!" I roared and Joe took a step back. I dropped to the floor, leaning against the foot of my bed.

"What's wrong?" Joe asked, his face and tone serious as he kneeled next to me.

"I ruined it Joe. I've ruined everything." I whispered, ignoring the wet tears that were rolling slowly down my face.

"Okay, seriously, you're freaking me out. What'd you do?" Joe asked and unwillingly I told him about mine and Zoe's fight.

"..I can still her face. It was as if I had slapped her. She looked so.. so.. broken." I finished, holding my head in my hands.

"Why on earth did you do that for?" Joe yelled at me, making me flinch.

"I know! I'm an idiot!" I yelled back.

"And you actually brought up that whole 'Sam' thing? Why would you do that to her? After everything she told you, you just go and throw it back in her face?" Joe yelled, his voice surprisingly nasty.

"Hey! What on earth is going in here?" Mom yelled, storming in with dad and Kevin behind her.

"Ask him." Joe seethed, pointing at me.

"I didn't meant to." I said, my voice breaking.

The Next Morning...

Txt her? No. Call her? Can't. I couldn't bear to hear her voice as it sounded last night. Txt? Fine.


I'm sorry.


It went against my better judgement to txt her. I ran a hand through my curls before having a quick shower and throwing on the first things in my closet, changing again when I realised I had put on pyjama pants and a dress top.

"Kevin?" I asked, running downstairs when I was properly changed.

"Yeah? Wow. You don't look so good." He commented, looking up over his paper.

"I don't feel it either but I was wondering if you could take me somewhere." I muttered, shifting my weight as I stood nervously in front of him.

"You really like her?" He asked, his tone suspicious.

"Of course!" I burst out. "She's perfect!"

"Well, come on then. You've got a lot of grovelling to do." Kevin said, grabbing his keys and standing up.

Zoe's P.O.V

I was laying upstairs in my bed, my music blasting from the speakers. Three Days Graces 'I Hate Everything About You' seemed a fitting song for my mood.

My phone lay in a pile of broken plastic in the rubbish bin after I had swept it up. I pulled my lap top out from under my bed. I'd brought it the weekend passed in New York. I logged into my e-mails. Five were from Kristen, three of them dated today. I opened them up, reading them one after another.


Zoe,

It's all over the news. Babe, are you okay? You need to talk to me, now! Why aren't you answering your phone?! Oh my gosh, I'm freaking out, what on earth happened between you two?? And why aren't you answering your phone yet??

I know I wasn't there so I don't know the whole details but Zo, it was just a fight! You and Nick are made for each other! You'll get through this, I PROMISE! Please answer your phone, you're starting to worry me! You haven't done anything stupid have you?? Oh god, please at least message me to say you're still alive!

This will all blow over! I know how much Nick means to you Zo, please don't do anything rash! I miss you and I hope you had a good night last night!!

Call me, please!

Love you sissy,
Kristen.


The next was even more frantic.


ANSWER ME ZOE! YOU'RE STARTING TO FREAK ME OUT! I KNEW HOW YOU WERE LAST YEAR! PLEASE, I'M BEGGING DON'T REPEAT IT! JUST MESSAGE ME TO SAY YOU'RE ALRIGHT!


It hurt to think of bad memories, especially one's like that. I hadn't even thought of doing something to myself, other than sitting in burning water as I cried. I opened the last message and my mouth dropped.


YOU HAVE FIVE MINUTES TO MESSAGE ME BACK BEFORE I CONTACT YOUR DAD ZOE ALYSON COOPER! I BLOODY WELL MEAN IT!


Shit. I knew dad would completely overreact so I typed a quick message back to Kristen. A few seconds later and my MSN announced the KrissyBabe had logged on.

KrissyBabe says:
WHAT THE HELL ZOE? WHAT'S GOING ON?

Zoe<3N.J says:
I'm fine. Really.

I blinked back my tears at my screen name, changing it quickly.

KrissyBabe says:
Yeah sure, what's up? It's all over the news. Some reporter said he heard you and Nick arguing then you just walked away. You looked broken in those photos Zoe, broken.

Emotionless says: Please, Kris, I'm not in the mood.

KrissyBabe says:
WTF? Talk to me Zoe! Please, don't do this to me!

Emotionless says:
I'll talk to you later. Bye.

KrissyBabe says:
NO, WAI-

Emotionless has signed off.