Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

Midnight Interruptions. (RE-READ PLEASE)

It was nearly midnight and Nick and I were up in my bedroom, his head in my lap as I played with his curls.

"Please?" I asked for the thousandth time.

"For the last time Zoe, you're just going to have to wait." Nick rolled his eyes, smiling up at me.

"Aw come on! I gave you yours!" I pouted, crossing my arms.

"And I love it but you're present actually doesn't come until tomorrow I'm sorry." He said, tugging at my arms.

I furrowed my brows in mock anger and he laughed at me, leaning up and pecking me on the lips.

"Oh please, you don't really think you can get away with that, do you?" I rolled my own eyes before leaning down to him, cupping his face with my hands as we kissed.

Nick flipped me so that he was on top and I, underneath. I giggled as he trailed his fingers up and down the side of my short-clad legs, making me tingle. His hands began playing with the bottom of my shirt and I stiffened, stopping all movement.

"Zo?" Nick breathed against me, opening his eyes.

"Get off." I whispered, beginning to panic.

"Huh?" He asked and I freaked out even more.

"Get off!" I screeched, placing my palms against his chest and shoving.

"Shoot! Sorry!" He said quickly, jumping off me.

I sat up quickly, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes as I hugged my knees to my chest, taking deep breaths.

"Zoe? I'm sorry, I-I didn-"

"No, don't worry. I j-just panicked." I muttered, glancing at him swiftly.

Nick sat next to me, wrapping his arms around me. "I'd never hurt you like that or in any other way Zo, I mean it." He whispered.

"Yeah, I-I know.. Just so-sometimes it's.. hard, you know?" I spoke, laying my head back on his chest.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. But you know, I have my vows and everything so.." He trailed off and I nodded.

"Nick?!" Denise called from the second floor, "Come on hun, we're leaving!"

"Damn." Nick breathed. "Come on."

Nick and I got up off the bed and headed downstairs to the hall where everyone was waiting.

"Txt me yeah?" He said and I nodded. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in close, leaning my head on his shoulder and ignoring Kat's silent death stares.

"See you." I smiled before giving the rest of his family hugs and goodbye's.

Five minutes later and they were all gone. I retreated back into my room, just getting ready for bed when Kat stormed in, obviously pissed off.

"What now Queen Bee?" I sighed.

"What'd I say about Nick?" She snarled, placing her hands on her skinny hips.

"I heard what you had to say. But I ain't buying it." I said firmly, crossing my own arms.

"Fine. You wanna play hardball, I'll play hardball and you know you're gonna lose if you come against me." She smirked.

"Hardball? Really Kat, what are we? Primary kids?" I said, snickering.

"Dump Nick Zoe." She hissed, her voice low.

"Make me." I snapped back.

"Oh, I plan to." She smiled before leaving my room.

"Psycho." I rolled my eyes before shutting my door and getting into bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

. . .

"Shit. Shit. Shit." I muttered as I stared at the pictures in the e-mail.

The girl in the photo looked like me but I knew as sure as hell they really weren't. The girl in the photo was searching for a way out and naively she took the first opportunity but now that girl was going to pay severely.

"Oh, so you got my e-mail then?" Kat smiled from my door way, leaning against the frame.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I screeched, jumping out of my chair and storming over to her.

"I told you Zoe. I'll trash both yours and Nick's careers if you don't give me what I want." She said.

"I don't care what you do to my career but leave Nick out of this." I yelled.

"Not until I've got what I wanted." She replied back smoothly.

"He doesn't like you! Do you not get it?" I screeched, tears welling up.

"Like I said, he will. Now you better have dumped him before you go on tour or those photos plus what I've got in store for Nicholas will go straight to international headlines and you'll wish you had never stepped foot in America." She hissed before turning on her heel and walking away.

I slammed my door shut and then leant against it, breathing heavily. I knew she was serious. Was I really willing to trash both mine and Nick's careers just so he'd still continue to date me?

Never. I couldn't do that to him. And besides, why would he date me after seeing those sickening pictures?

I had ten days. Only ten days to say to the best thing in my life that we couldn't be together anymore.

Only ten more days before my life would suddenly become the worst kind of hell possible.

+
Nick had gotten me a kitten for Christmas.

I bawled my eyes out when he gave it to me, faking that I was so happy. Only, on the inside I was breaking, Kat's words haunted me morning to night. I immersed myself in my career, spending less and less time at home. I constantly needed make-up each day to hide my red nose, puffy eyes and dark under eye circles. I continuously made excuses to Nick whenever he asked to meet up or come over, insisting that I was too busy or that I had to work over time.

It was the morning of New Years Eve when I was forced to come face to face with him. We were on a plane to New York since 'Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve' performance was on tonight and we'd all been asked to perform.

"Wow, long time no see stranger." Nick smiled, sitting in the seat next to me.

I forced a smile to appear. "Yeah, sorry, been really busy."

"It's fine, I was like that too." He said before leaning closer and kissing my lips. I didn't respond and he noticed. "Is something wrong?"

"No, sorry. Tired is all." I muttered, a small smile on my lips.

"Are you excited then? For tonight?" He asked.

God how I wished I was anywhere but here. I nodded.

"Yeah, so am I." He grinned.

Stop it. Please. I'm begging, just stop looking at me with those eyes or I'll break, I swear, jut stop.

"Are you sure you're okay? You don't look so well." He asked, placing a hand to my cheek.

"I'm fine." I snapped, pulling away. Nick looked taken back and I immediately felt guilty.

"I'm sorry, I just haven't been having such a great time these past few days." I said in all sincerity. He brought it, thank Lord.

"Uh, Nick, I think you're in my seat." Came Kat's voice.

"Oh, sorry." He gave me one more quick peck on the cheek before moving away, Kat replacing him.

"Six days." She hissed before buckling up and then pulling out her magazine.

I shifted and looked out the window, trying to hide the tears that were falling down my face.

. . .

"FIVE..FOUR..THREE..TWO..ONE..HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone screamed as balloons were popped, confetti going everywhere and party horns were sounded.

I gave Ryan a hug and Lionel too. (OMG, Lionel Richie!) Taylor and I laughed with each other as we popped balloons, Joe and Kevin each giving me a hug, Miley too. I finally came to Nick, his bright grin on his face.

"Happy New Year." He smiled before pulling me into a hug, kissing my cheek.

"Yeah.. Happy New Year." I mumbled, hugging him back for what would be the last time.