Sequel: Can't Have You

From Gumboots To Jimmy Choo's

Zoe Cooper

As I finished, the boys all began clapping.

"Wow Mark, you said she was good but that was amazing!" Came a voice from the door. I turned around and saw Mama and Papa Jonas in my doorway, my dad beaming at me from behind them.

"Thanks." I said, my cheeks burning.

"Anyway kids, dinner time." Dad said before he, Denise and Paul left us again. The boys trooped out of my room to wash up and I followed suit once they were done.

It was surreal. How could guys like that be so down to earth with that sort of fame? I would've expected them to complain about something, anything but they seemed to be loving it. They were odd, odd boys.

I finished washing my hands and went into the lounge, sitting down on the floor at one end of the coffee table. Mr and Mrs Jonas were on the two seater, Kevin, Nick and Tyler on the three, Dad was going to sit on the chair and Joe, Caleb, Chace, Frankie and I were spread out across the floor.

I watched them all. Nick, Joe, Kevin, Frankie and my own brothers, Caleb, Chace and Tyler were such laid back people. The Jonases were such a tight-knit family, anyone could see that. Not one of those boys thought themself better than anyone else.

"So what school are you at Zoe?" Mrs Jonas asked me.

"Oh, Marian College. It's all girls." I said simply much to the amazement of the three Jonas teens.

"Your school is all girls?" Joe asked, flabbergasted, his mouth slightly open. I nodded slowly.

"Can we come?" Nick asked, grinning.

I laughed at him, "Not unless you want to leave here with all your limbs. And besides, you're usually surrounded by girls anyway."

"Yeah, but this is a school!" Joe exclaimed. Everyone in the room laughed at Joe's antics.

"Here we go!" Dad said, placing an unusually large bowl of spaghetti bolognaise on the coffee table. Chace had already set out the plates and silverware.

Mr Jonas said grace and soon there was a loud commotion as everyone grabbed a plate and ladled their plate with food. Five minutes later and all you could hear was the sound of forks hitting plates. I had the feeling someone was looking at me, so I looked up and around at everyone. No-one was looking my way but I could've sworn there was a pink tinge to Nick's cheeks.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Chace burst out suddenly, "How'd the audition go?"

"What audition?" Joe asked.

"I entered this show called 'New Zealand's got Talent'." I answered.

"I love that show! America has a lot of weird talents." Kevin commented.

"America has a lot of weird people." Caleb retorted, making us laugh.

"So?" Chace asked impatiently.

"I'm through!" I grinned happily.

They all congratulated me, even the Jonases.

"So when's the first heat?" Caleb asked.

"Thursday night, " I sighed, "They're filming it."

"Can we come?" Chace questioned.

"Yeah sure. Everyone's got a ticket, I now see why dad got ten." I laughed.

"Hey Zo, you'd best get your chores done before it's too dark." Dad reminded me. I nodded then collected everyone's empty dishes, taking them to the kitchen and putting them in the sink.

I ran the water and let the sink fill up so they'd soak. I walked out on the front porch, pulling off my flats and pulling on my gumboots.

"Hey." Came a soft, deep voice from the door.

I twisted half of my body to around to see Nick Jonas in the doorway. I stood up and brushed off my jeans before replying, "Did you need something?"

He shook his head, "I just wanted to ask if I could join you, you know, if that's okay."

"You sure? I'll just be fee-"

"I want to. I've never done it before." He smiled, making me automatically smile in return.

"Okay, sure. Come on." I said, leading him out to the shed.

"So how old are you?" He asked me as I unlocked the door.

"Oh, fifteen. You?" I asked him, even though I already knew the answer.

"Sixteen. When do you turn sixteen?" He replied as we walked in, me switching on the light.

"Next February." I answered as I pulled out some baby formula from under the sink we had in there, "Could you pass me two baby bottles from up on the shelf please?"

"These?" Nick asked, handing me two clear bottles with teats on top. I smiled a thanks and unscrewed the lids, scooping formula into one.

"So how come you guys are here? I mean, aren't you suppose to be touring and stuff?" I questioned as I poured water into the bottle, putting the lid back on and shaking it.

"We wanted a break for a bit from our hectic life. Dad mentioned he had a friend here and so we decided to come out here, you know?" Nick replied, "Do you want any help?"

I shook my head, "I'm fine. How can you do it though? I mean, you've lived the Hollywood life for the past, what? Year and a half and yet here you all are, out in the wop wops but you all seem to be totally at ease. " I said, a tone of surprise in my voice.

"It's refreshing I guess. It just feels good to be able to put our feet up for once, to sit down and relax. I mean, I love performing and all, it just gives me an incredible feeling but sometimes, you just need to step back and take a look at you're life and what you're doing, so that's why I think, this is good for us." He answered honestly.

"You know," I murmured, "it hasn't even really sunk in yet."

"What?" Nick replied.

"Come on. I have every girls ideal boyfriend in my house. Girls at my school would have heart attacks if they knew you guys were here." I laughed, shaking the last bottle up.

Nick smiled at this, "Like you did before?"

I slapped him lightly as my cheeks burned with embarrassment, "Shut up. It's not everyday the world's biggest pop icons show up in your house."

"Point taken."

"Now come on, I need to get these lambs fed." I scowled, keeping my gaze on the ground.

Nick and I walked silently over to the barn. I opened the door and ushered him inside. Sensing their food was near, our three lambs began bleating loudly.

"Hey cuties." I cooed as I stepped into their stall, Nick close behind me.

I sat down on some clean straw as the lambs strode forward for their milk. "Do you want to feed them?" I asked him.

He nodded and took a bottle from me, sitting down as well.

It was the cutest thing I'd ever seen. Nick Jonas feeding lambs. I stared at him in slight awe, waiting for the moment my alarm would blare and I'd be woken from this dream. I mean, really, what sort of reality places The Jonas Brothers, teen singing sensations, in the house of Zoe Cooper, teenage dork? I simply can not grasp the fac-

"Are you okay?" Nick cut through my thoughts. A pink tint rose in my cheeks as I nodded, avoiding eye contact.

An hour later and Nick and I headed tiredly back to the house, the dark of the night enveloping us. Nick and I let out a yawn as we walked inside, causing the other to giggle. Dad, Denise and Paul were in the lounge laughing away at something so we crept silently past.

"Hey, um thanks for helping tonight." I said softly as we stopped outside of my door.

He smiled warmly at me (there goes another puddle of goo), "It was fun. See you tomorrow then?"

I nodded opening the door of my room, "Sure. Night Nick"

"Night Zoe." He murmured as I gently closed it behind me.

I leant against it, releasing a deep sigh. As I lay in bed that night, I allowed my thoughts of fame, stardom and Nick swirl through my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo!
Chapter six is done.. Sorry it took so long! I was babysitting
and then our internet would blimming work but Im back!!

=)

Have fun reading!!

P.S Commenting wouldn't hurt either!
;)