Status: Completed

I Want To Scream 'I Love You'

The Perfect Moment

*Pete’s POV*
“Pete, what’s wrong? You’ve been acting weird since we left school.” Cassidy asked, a concerned look on her face. I couldn’t tell her the truth, not until Patrick had called. I don’t know if he wanted to tell her himself, he probably did. Man, this was so hard. Cassidy could tell something was wrong, she knew I was lying. But what was I supposed to say? ‘Cass, your dads been in a car accident and they don’t know if he’s going to survive. But you have to stay here and wait until your brother calls.’ No, she’d go insane with worry.
“Nothing Cass, I just don’t really feel very well that’s all.” I lied. She stared at me, I could see it in her eyes that she didn’t believe me one bit but she didn’t push it any further.
“So, what do you want to do?” She looked around looking bored. I had no idea what to do until Patrick had called. I guess we could go grab a Starbucks to pass some time.
“Starbucks?” A smile spread across her face and she nodded.
We decided to walk as it wasn’t too far away, just a few blocks. She held my hand as we walked there which made me feel slightly better, but I just felt so bad for keeping this from her. She had no idea, but it was better than her freaking out.
“What do you want? My treat.” I smiled, trying to reassure her that I was ok.
“Um, hot chocolate please.” I swear she was addicted to that stuff.
“Two hot chocolates to go please.” I told the girl serving us. I handed her the money and waited at the other end of the counter for our drinks. The other girl handed us the two hot chocolates and we thanked her before walking out. We walked to a small park round the corner and sat underneath a big oak tree in the back corner. The park was empty apart from the odd toddler running around with their parents chasing them. I lent back against the tree and Cassidy curled into my side with my arm around her as we sipped our drinks. My cell started to vibrate in my pocket, making me jump. I quickly pulled it out and read the caller ID.
Stumpy x
“Hey, is he ok?” I asked worriedly. Cassidy turned to me and looked at me curiously.
“They aren’t sure yet. Can you bring Cassie here please. She needs to know what’s going on.” Patrick mumbled.
“Sure, I’ll see you in a bit.” I replied, hanging up.

“Who was that?” Cassidy asked curiously.
“Your brother. Um we need to go to the hospital.” I muttered. Please don’t ask why, please don’t ask why.
“Why? Is he ok? What’s happened?” She gushed, her eyes filled with worry.
“Patrick’s fine. I’ll let him explain when we get there ok.” I grabbed her hand and helped her up then started walking quickly back to her house.

“Hi, can you please tell me where Christopher Stump is.” I asked the receptionist at the hospital. Cassidy’s grip on my hand loosened when she heard her father’s name.
“ Sure, if you go to the second floor then down the corridor, first door on your right.” She told me. I nodded and thanked her before dragging Cassidy to the lift. We followed the receptionist’s directions and soon saw Patrick sat outside a room with his head in his hands. Cassidy let go of my hand and knelt down in front of Patrick, demanding to know what was going on.
“Dad’s been involved in a car accident Cass, they don’t know if he’s going to survive yet.” Patrick whispered the last part. I watched as Cassidy’s eyes filled with tears then trickled down her cheeks. Patrick pulled her into a hug and buried his head into her shoulder.

We were at the hospital for five hours without any word from the doctors. Different ones came and went, in and out of the room yet said nothing to us. Patrick and Cassidy sat in silence waiting for information on their father. Their mom was in the room with Chris and had come out after we got here to see if Cassidy was ok.
“Pete will you take Cassidy home and stay with her for tonight please?” Patrick asked. I nodded and stood up.
“I’m staying here ‘Trick, I want to know if dad’s going to be ok.” Cass protested. Patrick shook his head.
“Go home and get some sleep, I’ll call you as soon as I know anything ok.” He hugged her and kissed her cheek.
“See you in a bit Pat. Love you.” She whispered to him.
“Love you too Cass. See you in a bit. Thanks Pete.” He mumbled. I hugged him tightly.
“He’s going to be fine.” I whispered to him. He nodded and sighed.

“Pete, I can’t sleep knowing that he might not make it.” Cass sobbed. I wrapped my arms around her tightly and kissed the top of her head.
“Don’t think like that sweetheart, he’ll make it.” I soothed. She began to calm down a little but still held on to me. We were led in the dark on her bed just holding on to each other. I hated seeing her like this. She was distraught. She sat up suddenly and turned to face me. Although I couldn’t really see her, the moon shining through the window made it slightly easier to make out her features, just about.
“Thanks Pete.” She whispered, taking hold of my hand and lacing her fingers with mine.
“For what?” I asked, confused.
“Everything. For always being there when I need you. It means a lot to me.” Her voice was soft as she spoke.
“You know I’ll always be here, whenever you need me, day or night.” I replied, and I meant it. I’d always be here for her, no matter what.
I felt her come closer as her face was now inches from mine. She put her warm hand on the side of my face and stroked my cheek with her thumb. She hesitated for a moment before pressing her lips to mine softly. I put my hands on her waist and kissed her back gently. We broke apart and she nuzzled her head into my neck, kissing it slowly. One of her hands rested on the other side of my neck that she wasn’t kissing and moved her other hand to the back of my head as she moved back to my lips, kissing me passionately. Her hand ran through my hair as I licked her bottom lip. She opened her mouth in response, letting my tongue enter. Our tongues danced as we continued to kiss passionately. I broke away and started to plant kisses along her jaw line, then down to her neck where I bit gently making her moan quietly. I was now hovering above her body as she was led down underneath me.
“I love you Pete.” She whispered, making me stop biting at her neck. I moved my face above hers and looked into her eyes that were shining in the moon light.
“I love you too Cassidy, you don’t understand how much.” This moment was actually perfect.
I was cut off thinking about how perfect this actually was by Cassidy’s cell vibrating against my leg.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pete & Cassidy - YAY x)
I've started to write a new story - Robert Pattinson - but that won't be out for a while.
Please comment & subscribe, really means a lot. :]
xo