Status: Completed

I Want To Scream 'I Love You'

The Question

*Cassidy’s POV*
“Pete, are you ready yet ?” I called. I was eager to get to the hospital, despite being exhausted from last night.
“Uh.. yes!” He replied, picking up his car keys and smiling. We got to the car park within twenty minutes and parked in the car park. I slid my hand into his and laced our fingers together. He turned to me and stopped, kissing me lightly on the lips before carrying on walking. I had no idea whether we was together or not. I assumed we were, but we hadn’t spoken about it.
We walked to the ward we were on yesterday, hand in hand, and stopped outside the room my dad was in.
“I’ll wait out here.” Pete squeezed my hand before letting go and sitting on one of the blue plastic chairs outside. I took a deep breath before opening the door. There was a loud sound of beeping coming from a machine attached to my dad, showing his heart rate. There were tons of wires covering his body, all connected to different machines. A bandage was wrapped around his head and his face was bruised and cut.
“Dad..” I breathed. He looked awful. I walked over to his bedside and touched his hand carefully, not wanting to hurt him.
“It’s not as bad as it looks.” Patrick reassured me. I nodded, it sure did look bad.

I stayed there with him for a few hours. Pete came in with me to sit with him whilst my mom and Patrick went home to shower and stuff.
“I’m sorry, but you’re going to have to leave now.” A nurse informed us. We nodded and I kissed my dad’s cheek.
“Love you.” I whispered to him. He smiled weakly at me as we left. Pete took my hand in his as we walked back to his car.

“Are you ok Cass?” He asked as I leant against his car. He stood in front of me, and pushed a piece of hair out of my eyes.
“I just hate seeing him like that.” I mumbled, a tear rolling down my cheek. He wiped it away and kissed my cheek.
“He’ll be out soon sweetie.” He assured me. I nodded and went to open the car door but Pete stopped me. I looked at him, questioningly.
“Cassidy, will you be my girlfriend?” He asked sweetly. My heart actually just melted. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and kissed him passionately. “I’ll take that as a yes.” He grinned childishly.
One thing was playing at the back of my mind for the whole ride home. Patrick. He’d totally flip if he found out that his baby sister and his best friend were together. I think he’d probably have a heart attack and die if he ever found out about last night. He’d trusted Pete to keep me company, not take my virginity.

“Nooo!” Joe cried as I beat him at guitar hero for the fifth time. “Rematch!” He said again.
“Joe face it, I beat you five times. Get over it. You’re not going to win. Ever.” I laughed. I walked over to the couch, handing the plastic guitar to Patrick and sat down next to Pete. He passed me some of Joe’s duvet and I snuggled up to him under it. Char looked over at us and a smile spread across her face and she winked. I laughed and looked over at Joe and Patrick trying to beat each other. Andy sat silently next to me, a faint smile on his face.

“What are you so happy about Andy Pandy?” I asked quietly so no one else could hear.
“Sarah asked me out.” He whispered. Sarah was his lab partner at school and he had a huge crush on her.
“Oh my God, Andy that’s so cute.” I grinned.
“So are you and Pete.” He whispered, quieter than before. My mouth dropped open slightly.
“He told you?” He shook his head.
“I can just tell. Everyone can tell that you two are completely in love with each other anyway. Apart from Patrick. Actually, I think he’s realised how close you and Pete are, but he chooses to ignore it.” Andy smiled. He was so observant.

Char stood up suddenly and went over to the light, switching it off and sitting back down. I lent my head on Pete’s shoulder and watched as Patrick and Joe started a new song. How long were they going to play this for?
“Ok, you win. Now can we watch a film or something now?” Patrick asked, sighing in defeat.
“YES! I finally win.” Joe jumped up and down like a five year old on crack.
“Baby, come here.” Char called to him. He went over and sat down next to her, pulling her onto his lap. At least they actually got to act like a couple. Me and Pete just had to act as normal, although normal for us was pretty close. Patrick put a film on and sat down on the floor, in front of me and Pete. Andy joined him, letting me and Pete have the couch to ourselves. Pete led down and opened his legs slightly so I could sit in between them and lean back on him. Everyone else got comfortable and began to watch Finding Nemo for the millionth time. It was one of our favourites.
I eventually started to get uncomfortable and ended up lying on top of Pete with my head resting on his chest. He didn’t seem to mind, he just put his arms around me and ran his fingers up and down my back.
“Cassidy.” Pete whispered.
“Mmm?” I mumbled, half asleep.
“I love you.” He grinned. He was just like a little kid, only hot and all mine.
“I love you too.” I grinned back, licking his neck so no one could see. He giggled quietly making me laugh. Everyone turned around to face us, wondering what was so funny. Patrick looked at me led on Pete and glared at us. He’d never looked at me and Pete like that before.

I poured myself a glass of coke in Joe’s kitchen when the film had finished, when Patrick walked in.
“What’s going on with you and Pete?” He asked, his expression serious.
“Nothing ‘Trick, why?” I lied.
“Hm, maybe the fact that he hasn’t left your side for nearly two days and then your led on top of him in front of everyone.” He spat. “Pete’s too old for you Cassidy and he’s my best friend, so don’t go there.”
♠ ♠ ♠
o_0 ! Could it be over before it's even started ?!
Comment & Subscribe if you want an update (:
xo