Sequel: Mr. Dreamer

Ms. Matchmaker

Eric

"You are insane." Katrina continuously recited.

I rolled my eyes and ignored her once again, "Where's Katie?"

"Who the hell knows? She's probably with Andy, and--D'oh! Do not keep changing the subject!" She pointed an accusing finger at me.

I shrugged, "Not my fault you keep lingering on the same thing and I'm not."

She sighed, "I just don't think this arrangement with Nick is all that necessary. Why can't you just tell him how you feel and get it over and done with?"

I stood up from my seat on the couch, "Because it is more complicated than it seems. And Nick is asking for it so why shouldn't I do exactly what he told me to do?"

"Uh, because you're crazy about him, that's why."

I shook my head, "Now you're the insane one."

She stood up in front of me, "So what exactly do you intend on doing to break Nick's heart?"

I tied my heart up and smiled to myself, "I don't have to do anything."

She raised her eyebrows, "What?"

I chuckled, "Nick is going to break his own heart."

"You lost me at anything."

I broke it down, "Well, all I have to do is what I told you guys that I would do after your week is up."

"And that is...?"

"To find a new guy."

"And this does...?"

I rolled my eyes, "Connect the dots, Katrina! I'm going to make him ajealous then when he realizes he can't have me, all will set into its rightful place."

"Oh!"

"Finally you understand."

"Well, what if..."

"What if what?"

"Nevermind. Forget I said anything."

"Seriously, what is it?"

She sighed, "What if you fall even harder for Nick during his little charade of yours?"

I held my tongue, "That can be easily arranged." I fished for my phone out of my purse.

Katrina hovered behind me, "Who are you calling?"

I hesitated, "Is Tim still having that party tomorrow?"

"Pretty sure."

"Awesome." I smiled to myself.

"Ohkay, then. Now answer my original question. Who are you calling?"

"Eric."

"Why?"

"You'll see." I dialed in the ID tag labeled Eric.

Ring... Ring... Ring...

"Hello?"

"Eric? It's me, Amory."

Katrina started to breathe down my neck as she tried to eavsdrop on the conversation.

"Oh, hey, Amory! What's up?"

"You going to Tim's party tomorrow?"

"Naturally." I could hear the smile in his voice. "Why?"

"Do you think you would want to be my date?" I asked hopefully.

Katrina instantly backed away. Her eyes grew wide, "Are you nuts?!?" She mouthed out.

Eric laughed on the other end on the line, "Sure, Amory. I'd love to."

"Awesome," I smiled.

"Although, Nick might get super pissed at me."

"Don't mind him." Oh, how I wish it were that easy and as simple as that.

He chuckled, "Alright. I'll pick you up at eight."

"Sounds good." I giggled as I hung up the phone. "All is fair in love and war." I skipped off to my room.

Katrina ran after me, "You are definitely insane."

I shrugged, "Maybe I am. I won't deny it if it's true."

She gave me a look then sighed, "You're going to need something to wear tomorrow night if you really want to get to him."

I smiled, "Shopping?"

"You know me so well," she chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have been living here for the past few weeks: http://www.nicksantino.com/
He melts me.