Tragically Beautiful

Left In the Dark

“Excuse me, Denise, but is Lillianna around here? She was not in her room when I checked.”

She froze. How was she supposed to explain that? Denise knew she shouldn’t have sent Lillianna to see Nicholas, but she looked so… distant lately. And when her son walked in the room, it seemed to Denise that Lillianna was waking up for the first time. Denise just couldn’t tell Lillianna she had to stay away from Nick. Not because she knew it would upset King Alexander, but because she knew that Lillianna deserved to know about at least one child who lived here. It wasn’t up to her whether or not Lillianna knew about the children, but she cared for Lillianna like she was her own daughter. “She’s in the bathroom. She will be back soon, I believe.”

“Oh, ok. Never mind then. Just forget I came. If she asks where her mother and I are, tell her we shall be back soon.” And with that, he left.

I know. You don’t have to tell me. I’m being ‘unreasonable’, right? But I’m not. You don’t understand. Nobody does; not even my own wife anymore. But they all listen to me anyway because of what I could do to them all. Of course Ryanne was hesitant in the beginning of it all, being she grew up in this very castle as the daughter of the late, and first, Queen of Orebro. She knew everyone in the castle inside and out...

When I tell Lillianna she is engaged, I suppose I will have to explain the reasons behind my decision. Well, one of my main reasons is logical, so I should not be disliked when the truth comes out. I do not want her running off with some unworthy mutt that could potentially hurt her. I guess I do not want to tell her because, well, she will be upset to put it mildly. I know. I’m being ‘selfish’ by isolating her from the other children and saving her lips for the man I choose my princess to spend the rest of her life with... I just want her to be happy and lead a non-complicated life.

…Wow... Now that I thought everything over I just realized that things might not turn out as well as I had planned.

Now what am I supposed to do?


………..

Lillianna came inside a good twenty minutes before her mother arrived at her bedroom door requesting she eat something. “But, Mom, I’m not hungry.” And she wasn’t. Her stomach was full of excitement. Nick had promised her she would see him again when she probably expected it least. Her mom obliged and allowed her to stay in her room for the night. Shortly after Lillianna changed into her night gown, a loud knock was heard throughout her room. She beamed, knowing just who it would be. She practically pounced on the door she was in such a hurry to open it. “Sage!” She squealed when his broad arms wrapped around her, gently lifting her up, and swinging her in a circle. The young man she was squeezing the life out of chuckled and asked, “How are you, Love?”

. . .

“I will do everything and anything to keep your daughter safe, Sire. You can count on that.”

Squeaky clean record, tall and built, twenty five years of age, British, and absolutely drool worthy. Sage was the perfect man for both jobs he was set up to take all those years ago. And he knew he couldn’t let anyone down, especially not his father’s best friend; King Alexander.

. . .

“I’m doing just fine, you?”

“Absolutely phenomenal,” he laughed at her extensive grin. “Why are you so manic, Lilly? You’re practically bouncing, my Dear, settle down.”

She tore from his arms and jumped up on her bed, standing on the edge but facing the head board. “I need a rush… Catch me.” And on her command he ran to her as she fell straight as a pin into his arms.

“What on Earth has come over you?” He gazed down at the giggling girl in his arms.

Wrapping her arms around his neck she sighed. “Oh, the most wonderful thing! But you have to promise not to tell a soul, Sage! Please, tell me you’ll promise to never tell!”

“I promise, I promise. Now tell me before you explode or a rainbow shoots out your arse.”
She laughed again. “Ok. Well, I met this boy,” she trailed off, and her eyes were childishly dancing around the room, like she would find the boy hiding in the dark corners of her bedroom.

“You what?” He was giving her a funny look; one she didn’t recognize at first. Her happiness was gone for a second and Sage realized he should just play along. “I mean, really? What is he like?”

Lillianna wasn’t fooled for a second. Sage was jealous, and it confused her to no end. What reason does he have to be jealous for?

“Well, he is really well mannered.”

It almost hurt him to ask, “That’s it?”

She didn’t want to hurt Sage anymore than necessary, so she lied. “Yes. I don’t know much about him yet.”

“Oh, I see. Well, you better get some rest Lillian.”

Smiling gently at him, she agreed, and climbed out of his arms and under the covers. After checking her windows and under her bed, Sage started to make his way to her bedroom door. “Sage?”

“Yes?”

“You forgot.” He walked over to the side of her bed and knelt beside it so he was eye level with her. She leaned over and kissed his cheek. “Goodnight, Sage. Don’t stay up too late, now.”

He chuckled, knowing he would be up all night doing his job. He stood up and walked towards her door once again. He turned back, half out the door to whisper, “Sweet dreams, Love.”

Once Sage was gone, Lillianna was left to her thoughts of why in the world Sage would be jealous of Nicholas.

. . . . . . .

AGH! What am I supposed to do? Tell Alexander would be the obvious thing to do… But I’ve never seen Lilly so happy before. I swear to God she was about to burst if I didn’t try to calm her down, and I would of had to pick up the glitter and stickers that would be where her insides should lay. I know she was holding back on me. She could tell I tensed though, so she decided to sugar coat it for me. I’m an idiot. Why did I have to show my emotions? I could have at least figured out his name. Why do I have to be the nice guy? I should already be at Alexander’s door, preparing for the explosion of lava that would burn the arse of the sorry fool who couldn’t follow one simple rule: Don’t go near the princess. But if he’s the fool, then what am I?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it!
Who thinks they know what Sage's other job is??
Let me know what you think!!
Comment/Subscribe?
=]