Anonymous

Part Twelve: Slim Shady

My Chemical Romance singer Gerard Way has exclusively told us that he's getting married.

We spoke to the band at the Rock Am Ring Festival in Germany where they are headlining.

When we asked Gerard about the ring on his finger he said: "The truth of the matter is that I’m engaged and I’m really excited about it."

Bob from My Chemical Romance had first tried to cover up the engagement telling us: "That’s for me, it’s our friendship ring!"

We wonder if the frontman will have a white wedding or just a Black Parade!


June 1st, 2007. When was that? Weeks after you told me you loved me the way I needed you to. June 1st, you and Bob did some silly little interview for MTV. You assured me that no one would ask about the ring: stating ever so beautifully, “they already know what it means, they won’t ask.” Well they did ask, Gerard, they did. I applaud Bob’s attempt to make it out to be a friendship ring; he was trying to fucking save your ass from both the fans and from me. But what did you do instead? You corrected him. Said it was your engagement ring. Said you were very happy about it. But, you know what’s really funny. It wasn’t even that you admitted it to everyone…it wasn’t even that you said that weeks after putting my own fears to rest…no…it was how you said it. With a rockstar, cocky fucking, attitude. And towards Bob no less. Bob, who is the only guy in the whole band and crew who had tried so hard to be nice to your precious fiancé! You treat him…with disrespect?

That, sir, I wouldn’t let go.

I stomped into the bunk area: you were once again lying in your bunk staring into nothing.

“You-“

“Don’t even start with me Frankie, I’m not in the mother fucking mood for you.”

I wasn’t even gonna let that get to me. No, I was beyond pissed at you, that even your cold hearted words couldn’t faze me. I was so fucking done with you already. I grabbed your shirt and yanked your off the bunk. You tumbled dumbly to the floor with a loud thud shaking our large tour bus.

“Too bad, fucker,” I countered as you tried to pick yourself up from the floor, “you got some fucking explaining to do!”

“You’re not my damn mother,” you stood in front of me, some blood trickling from your head. I didn’t think you fell that hard. I tried not to care about the blood trailing down your face. Ignore it. Like you ignore me.

“Mother or not, I have a fucking right to know what’s going on!” I couldn’t take the blood, I violently wiped it away…you flinched at my touch.

“For once in your fucking life, Frank, butt out!” You grabbed my wrist to hold my extended hand steady, giving you the opportunity to lick your blood off my still fingers. You’re so fucking weird.

“I’m not butting out!” I snatched my arm away, “Why did you fucking lie to me!”

“Who the fuck said I lied!”

“You can’t love me then run and tell everyone you are engaged!”

You got your anger under control; breathing heavily to calm the raging monster than wanted nothing more than to rip me apart. You run your trembling hands through your messy black locks, your eyes never leaving my still angry form. “I never said who.”

I started to laugh, “Oh Gerard, our fans aren’t dumb. They know who it is.”

“They can know all the want,” you sighed heavily, “they can think they know. But, the point is what you know.”

I shook my head, sadly though, my anger slowly becoming a memory. I realized it was stupid now to be angry at you. I should have expected it. “I know,” I paused, thought out the words I was going to say…I thought about how they would hurt you, if they did hurt you. And if they did, could I ever take them back? “I know, Gerard that you are the most beautiful liars I have ever met.”

“No,” I hated that you were heaving as if you couldn’t breathe. “No, I’m not lying to you, Frank. You just have to give me some time!”

I rolled my green or hazel eyes at you, “I gave you time.” I tried walking passed you, “I waited for you, Gerard. No one said I had to be the one-“

“Yeah, you had to,” you grabbed my waist as you mumbled that, pulling me close so that our awkward bodies would touch, “you had to Frankie, because I made the first step. I dumped Kat for you-“

“No, you dumped her because-“

“I love you.”

Funny how no emotion was put into those words. Weren’t you the one who yelled at me every time I threw around love like it didn’t mean anything? Liar and a hypocrite. What next?

“Don’t say shit you don’t mean,” I broke from your grasp.

I walked out of the bunk area, into the main living area where I was met with the shocked looks of our band and crew mates. I just needed to get to the door. Get to the door and walk out; ignore you calling my name. “Frankie- Frank.” Dragging your teeth against your bottom lip to make the “fr” sound. The seductive way you do that and the seductive way you say my name. I just had to ignore you, your pleas. Move on. Move on. I walked towards the door- I walked.

You busted out of the bunk area; looking like a monster.

“I told you Frank,” you shouted to grab my attention. You did. I stopped in my tracks, right in front of Brian. “I told you, I’d do anything you want. Just say the word Frankie!”

I turned my head slightly so my eye could slightly see you- your destroyed form. A man at the end of his rope; oh that was what you looked like. It was pathetic in a way, but most of all it was depressing because I of all people should know the pain you were going through. But I had to give you my honest answer- honesty Gerard, let’s try it sometime.

“You know…what I want you to do.”

I didn’t bother to wait to see what crazy thing you did next. No. I was done for the day. I had argued with you enough and returned the favor of shoving me into a wall. I walked out of the bus, despite everyone’s pleas to stay. Everyone but you. I think you were took scared to call for me.

Outside I was met with alien scenery. The scenery of Europe. And though I had been here hundreds, perhaps even thousands, of times…I couldn’t help put notice the disturbed air that hung around the bus lot. Like something was amiss in this crazy world- and not the world world, the music world. The My Chemical Romance world. It was bigger than me and you. Perhaps, even bigger than you and Eliza. It was the biggest thing I had ever felt rock in my body.

A storm was coming and it was going to destroy us if we didn’t protect ourselves. But how do you protect yourself from that which could not be seen? I didn’t even know when it was coming, how, and it what way. I know it was going to tear us apart, limb from limb, soul from body. Split us down the middle like we had done to our own fans. I had to do something, anything,

I dug into my pants for something I remember a fan giving me. I pulled out a crumbled piece of paper with a web address neatly written in perfect print. Fans have good handwriting, yours suck. I bit my bottom lip; was I honestly going to do the unthinkable? And in the end, would it make a difference?