My Guilty Pleasure

Part 3

Part 3

Sarai sighed,she was so bored. She forgot that she was going to have to do a lot of waiting. She looked at the paper that was in her room. Maybe she could see a movie? No, she didn’t go to movies by herself. She then saw an ad for a nightclub. She smiled, that was her scene. She hadn’t been out to a club in awhile. She looked in her wallet and saw that she still had her fake ID.

She smiled and got up and took a shower. She made up her mind, she was gonna have fun for once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are we done yet?”Howie asked as he put his head down on the piles of papers that he was highlighting. He hated doing the paperwork when it came to cases like these.

“Yeah, we’re done”Alex “AJ” McLean said as he got his papers together,”I don’t know if I can take anymore of this. I cant wait for this overtime to be put in my check”

“You got that right”Nick Carter said as he looked at his watch. “Oh its only 10. I thought it would be later than that”

AJ and Howie looked at their watches as well. “It feels like midnight”Howie said

“Hey I can use a drink or two after all this”Nick said.”What do you all say?”he asked them.

“Oh Im definitely in, I need more than a drink though. I need to let loose” AJ said

“Count me out. I gotta get back home”Howie said

“Oh come on Howard. Just because you are married, doesn’t mean that you cant ever go out”AJ said to him,”You never go out and drink anymore”

“I just don’t have the time. Kat is already mad that I couldn’t cook dinner tonight-“

“When was the last time she cooked?”Nick asked,”You always cook”

Howie sighed,“Well yeah but-“

“I mean I love Katarina and she is hot but she can be so bossy and materialistic that it drives me crazy, and I haven’t been married to her for 6 years”AJ said

Howie sighed. AJ was right. Ever since Isaiah was born, Katarina became a different person. She loved her son, no doubt, but now she always complains about everything. They argue more now. She wasn’t the carefree girl that she used to be. “Shes already upset that I had to pull another late night-“

“She used to understand that”Nick said,”Its not like you haven’t before. In this stage of the case, we are going to be doing a lot of late nighters.She knows this”

“Did you tell her when you were coming back?”AJ asked

“No-“

“Then come out with us”AJ said,”She will think that you are still here working and you cant go home frustrated and then run into her”he said

Howie nodded,he didn’t want to hear Katarina’s mouth just yet. With some music and drinks, he would be able to handle all the yelling if that happens.”Ok but we have to go to The Heat. If not,forget it”he said with a smile

Nick and AJ smiled,”The Heat?Hell yeah.That’s what Im talking about!”AJ said

“Lets go”Nick said as they got their things together, locked everything up and walked out to the parking lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Alright”AJ said as the bartender gave them three glasses of Killian’s. “Lets toast to The Heat, the perfect place for a guys night out”he shouted over the music.

“To The Heat”Nick and Howie said as they all tapped glasses.

“Shall we chug?”Nick asked them.

“Oh definitely”AJ said.

“Oh no, guys come on. We are not in college anymore”Howie said with a laugh

“What? You cant hang with the big boys anymore?”AJ teased.

“Yes I can-“

“Then chug!”Nick said. Howie sighed and raised his glass. “Ok, three…two…one!”he said. They all started to chug down the beer.

Howie was the first to put his glass down. Then AJ and then Nick,”I tried to warn you guys”Howie said with a laugh.He has always beaten them at this.

“Yeah I can see that blondie over here still cant keep up”AJ said as he laughed at Nick

“Shut up dude”Nick said,”I was distracted by another blonde over there” he said as he pointed to a blonde wearing a coral dress.”I spent too much time with you dudes already, see ya”Nick said as he went over to the girl.

AJ and Howie laughed. “Come on, lets go and find some girls”AJ said as he got up.

“Um,excuse me? Im still married.I cant girl hunt like I used to”Howie said

“Its just a dance Howie,geez”AJ said.”You can sit here by yourself”he said as he walked off towards the dance floor.

Howie sighed, he didn’t feel like being the stereotypical wallflower. He followed AJ out onto the dance floor. They were playing a reggae song and a lot of people were dancing. Soon AJ was wisked away by some latina. Howie just danced in place.

Another song started to play and he danced in place, then he felt eyes on his. He looked up and saw a girl across the dance floor. She was wearing a hot pink midriffed tube top and a matching short mini skirt. Her long black hair was down and she had glitter all over her. She was hot. She was looking at him. She danced and moved her hips and stared at him the whole time. He knew what she wanted.

However, he didn’t know whether to move or not. But it seemed like her body was an electric magnetic field and he started to dance slowly toward her.They stared into each others eyes as they moved closer. Soon he was right in front of her and she turned around and grinded her hips against his.

She then lifted up her short skirt and then grabbed his hand and made him feel on her ass. She had a nice, round, soft one but he pulled away. What was he doing? He was married, he had a 5 year old at home!

“You scared of me now?”she asked him as she turned around and put her arms around his waist and then squeezed his ass.

Howie raised his eyebrows and gently removed her hands from his ass,“You better be careful”he said,”This ass may belong to someone else”he said to her

“Then if it does, then why arent you with her?”she asked with a smirk as she licked her lips and continued to dance as she talked with him.

Howie was surprised at her reply.Then he felt his belt vibrate,he looked down at his phone. It was Kat.

The girl smirked,”Lemme guess. Your ass owner?”she asked

Howie just smiled,”Gotta go”he said and left the dance floor. He quickly walked outside.”Hello?”

“Where are you?”Katarina asked

“Im out with the guys, we had so much work to do and they wanted to have a few drinks-“

“You went out to have drinks and didn’t tell me!?”Katarina practically shouted into the phone.”I don’t know if you figured this out yet Howard but you arent a bachelor and you are not in college. You cant just be partying all the time like you used to! You have a child and a wife at home-“

“I know that Kat, Im coming home now. I will see you there”he said nonchalantly and then said goodbye and hung up.Thank God for the beer.It really helped with that.He walked back in the club and saw Nick and the blonde talking by the bar.

“Im gonna split”Howie said.

“Why? We just got here”Nick said

“You two can stay, but I really gotta get home”

“Kat chewed you out huh?”AJ asked as he came up to them. He was with a different girl now though. She looked Asian.

“You can say that”Howie said

“Tell her that you are gonna come home when you feel like it”AJ said.”You deserve to stay out and that girl you were dancing with? She was hot”he said, “Where is she?”

Howie smiled, yeah that girl was interesting. “See you tomorrow…I mean, see you later guys”he said

“Bye, see you later”they said to him. He walked out of the club and headed home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarai watched as the guy walked away from her. She licked her lips, damn he was fine. She thought to herself. Too bad he was taken, but that didn’t matter. He was still a person who partied at least every once in awhile. She got up on stage and danced with some other girls. She noticed guys trying to look up her skirt and trying to get her to dance with them. She kept dancing and kept teasing them.

She then saw the guy walk back in and approach two blondes. She kept dancing as she watched a guy and another girl approach them. They talked for a little bit and then he left.She sighed, he was probably going home to be with his girlfriend. Now she had to find someone else.

“Hey, let me talk to you”she heard someone say. She turned around and saw a bouncer and a guy wearing a business suit standing onstage next to the DJ booth. The guy in the business suit was talking to her. She walked toward him.

“You dance well”he said to her

“Thanks”she said

“Im the owner of this club and Im about to open another club. Im looking for dancers, so to speak”he said with a smile.”Would you be interested in working for me?”he asked her

She looked at him,wow another job offer just being thrown at her? “Sure, where do I sign?”she asked

“Come back tomorrow”he said, “Anytime after noon”he said

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Howie pulled into his driveway and sighed.”Ok you can do it”he said to himself. He took a few deep breaths and turned off the car and got out. He walked up to the door and unlocked it.

He put his keys in the little drawer in the foyer and then walked towards the steps. He noticed someone out of his peripheral vision and saw that Katarina was sitting on the couch in the living room.”Hey”he said to her

“Don’t ‘hey’ me”she said as she got up and went toward him.”I hope you arent hungry because there is barely any food left”

“No Im not thanks”he said to her.She walked past him and started going up the stairs,”Where you going?”

“Im going to bed.You are home now, so now I can sleep”she said

“Kat, you were really that worried about me? I was out with Nick and AJ-“

“Yeah that’s what Im worried about!You are out with two of the biggest party guys in Miami!”she said,”And that’s why they don’t have girlfriends or wives because they have time to do that”

“They both arent ready to settle down yet”Howie said

“But you are!You already are settled down!”Katarina said.”You don’t see me partying with my girlfriends when I know I need to be home”

“And see that’s the problem.You can go out with your girls if you want to, but I never see them anymore.Do you even keep in contact with them?”he asked her

“How dare you?Yes I do, we are just all busy-“

“Huney, if you want to hang out fine, go ahead. I know you love me and I know nothing wont happen. I trust you. Just because we are married doesn’t mean that we cant have fun and a little space every once in awhile”he said as he came up the stairs closer to her,”And I respect you, if I didn’t, I wouldn’t have left the guys there.I would still be with them”

“You smell like smoke”she said,”Where were you?”

“Out with-“

“WHERE were you?”she asked

“We went to The Heat-“

“The Heat?”she asked,”That’s more than just getting drinks. That’s practically a strip club! Getting drinks at Applebees is one thing, but going to The Heat is a whole ‘nother level! You don’t catch married men and women in The Heat!”

“That’s where you are wrong, my dear”Howie said,”Many still go there, just not as much.I haven’t been there in awhile-“

“Well congratulations”Katarina said as she continued up the stairs.”I hope you had fun and I hope you will enjoy sleeping in the guest room-“

“The guest room!?Kat,what the hell are you talking about?!”Howie asked her as he followed her up the stairs

“Shhhh!You wanna wake up the whole goddamn house?”Katarina hissed.

“Hows Isaiah?”Howie asked

“Hes fine now”Katarina said,”Even though he kept asking where his father was tonight”

“Come on Kat.You are overreacting-“

“Don’t tell me that I am overreacting!”Katarina said,”If you really respected me,you would have came home straight from the office instead of going to The Heat! Going there is disrespect enough! That meant that you weren’t thinking of me at all!”

“Come on Kat, can we please talk about this”Howie said

“No!”she said,”I hope you will think about what you have done”she said as she stomped into their master bedroom and slammed the door behind her.

Howie groaned and walked to the guest room.He sure wasn’t expecting this kind of outburst.Then he heard a small voice.He walked toward Isaiah’s door and looked in.He was sitting up in bed,rubbing his eyes.The slamming door must have woke him.

“Daddy?”he asked

“Hey big boy”he whispered as he walked in and sat down on his bed,”How ya doing there kiddo?”

“Whats wrong with Mommy?”he asked

“Shes mad at me for some reason”he said

“Why is she always mad at you? Why do you always fight?”he asked

Howie sighed,he wished he knew the answer to that question.”I don’t know kiddo”he said.He looked at his watch.It was a little past midnight.”You got school in the morning,you need your sleep”

“Whos gonna pick me up from school tomorrow?”he asked as he laid back down

Howie thought for a moment. Since he was in kindergarten, they only had half days of school.Isaiah was part of the AM classes. He was in school from 8 til noon.He tried to think of his schedule tomorrow but couldn’t think straight right now.

“I don’t know yet.But someone will be there”he said,”Now if its Mommy and she takes you somewhere,don’t walk off ok?”he asked,”That really disappointed me”

“I know Daddy.Im sorry”Isaiah said.”I had to go to the bathroom but Mommy was yelling at someone on her phone so I went to the bathroom”

“By yourself?”he asked.He nodded.”Now you know better than that”

“I know”he said,”But I met a nice lady Dad”

“Oh you did huh?”Howie asked in surprise.

“Yeah,she helped me find Mommy”

“Did you thank her?”

“Yes”

“Good,well Im glad that the nice lady found you”he said as he tucked Isaiah in.”Good night ok?Sweet dreams”he said as he kissed his forehead,”I love you”

“Love you too Daddy”he said.Howie slowly got up and left the room.He looked at the master bedroom door and sighed.He wasn’t even going to try to reason with her.He went into the guest room. He took off his shoes and stripped down to his wifebeater and boxers and climbed into the bed and soon fell asleep.