She'll Fall in Love With You

Cool Runnings

Emma-Lee's POV (present time)

...Chuck! He was walking right towards me. As he neared closer to me, I was about to say hi when he walked right on past up to the merch booth. 'Fine then.' I thought. Maybe he was just in a hurry? A hurry for what? To sign autographs? Wowee. Cuz we all know how much fun that is.

"Hey, Lauren?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you really want to do this?"

"Are you joking? We've been standing here for like 20 minutes and you want to leave now? You are crazy."

"Correction, I am cold. Temperature affects me differently than my psychotic-ness."

"Whatever. It was your surprise. So you can make the decision."

As she was saying this I looked up at the booth and my gaze stopped on a tall, handsome guy. It was Pierre! Our eyes met again, and this time I got butterflies in my stomach. This was for real. There's no way we could have locked eyes twice in one night on accident. One or the other of us had to have been looking at the other for this to happen. TWICE! Even from this distance I could see his big, brown eyes. They seemed to sparkle. I hoped to see them closer up before the night ended...

He held my gaze for about 30 seconds and then for some reason I got really shy so I looked away. I could tell I had that stupid smile I get on my face whenever I’m embarrassed. I hoped he didn’t notice.

“Emma-Lee, what’s wrong? Your face is all red.” Lauren reached out and put her hand on my shoulder in concern.

“Nothing…I’m just cold. You know how I turn into a beet when I’m cold.” I hoped she bought it.

She just shrugged her shoulders and turned back to face the girls who were waiting in front of us. There were probably about seven groups of people in front of us waiting for autographs. That meant we were probably here for another 20 minutes or so before it was our turn. Wind was starting to kick in, and so did my shivering. I tried to rub my arms and legs to get rid of the goose bumps, but it didn’t do much good.

“Freakin A! I wish those girls would hurry up. I want to get some autographs and get out of here. I’m freezing my Rastafarian nay-nays off!” I pretty much shouted.

The girls turned around and gave Lauren and I dirty looks, but the guy at the booth that they were talking to was laughing his ass off.

“I haven’t seen that movie in so long!” the guy was laughing as he said this.

As I walked forward I got a better look at the guy and noticed it was Pat. He was so much cuter in person, I gotta say. And didn’t look a thing like my friend Katie’s brother. Katie was my best friend in high school and moved to Utah to go to BYU while I stayed in California to go to Cal Poly so I could become an engineer. She had actually gone to a Simple Plan concert in Utah a while back after she moved. She had met the band and hit it off with one of the guys, but I hadn’t talked to her in awhile, so I wasn’t sure how that turned out, or who the guy was. But I remembered that when we were juniors we would look at pictures of the guys in Simple Plan and we saw a few of Pat’s pictures and she said he looked like her oldest brother Ryan. But now that Pat was right in front of my face, he looked nothing like him.

“So what can I do you for?” Pat’s question snapped me out of my reminiscent state.

“Uh, how ‘bout 20 bucks? I’m a little broke right now.” I replied jokingly.

“Sorry babe. I don’t roll that way. I’m a real pimp. It’ll cost you at LEAST 50 buck-a-roos.” He joked back. “No, but really, why are you here? What do you want?”

“Well for starters, how about you sign this DVD I want to buy?” Lauren held up ‘A Big Package For You’ DVD.

“That is do-able!” He took the DVD from Lauren and signed it. “That’ll be $200 dollars please.”

Lauren looked at him her mouth gaping. That girl is so gullible I swear.

“I was kidding?” Pat said slowly after he saw her reaction.

“Oh! Yeah, right. So was I.” She tried to pull it off, but it didn’t quite work. She was really nervous. She must like him.

“Um, okay. Well it’s actually 10 bucks.” He seemed kinda embarrassed.

Maybe he liked her too and felt bad for making her embarrassed. But what do I know? I’m the kinda person who has some hot guy hitting on me and I totally mess it up because I’m retarded and don’t notice these things. That’s definitely a Katie sentence. It’s weird I keep thinking about her tonight. Whatever. Probably just another fluke. Right?

Pierre’s POV
I looked up from signing some girls CD and she was just standing there, about 20 people back in the line. It was the same girl I saw during the concert. We locked eyes again and I couldn’t break my gaze. Finally after about 30 seconds or so, she got this cute smile on her face and looked down. I just had to talk to her, but I couldn’t leave the merch booth. I hoped she would come by and get an autograph because I really wanted to talk to her. I mean, what are the chances that we would see each other and look at each other like that TWICE in one night. There had to be something more.

After about 20 minutes I saw the girl with her friend talking to Pat on the other side of the booth. They were laughing at something. I felt a twinge of jealousy towards Pat. He was sitting there talking and laughing with her. Why wouldn’t I be jealous? Granted I have never met the girl, but we had a ‘moment’. That counts for something right?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short.. but I'll be posting again soon.

Comments/Questions/Critiques..? Yes, please, and thank you!