Exposed In Lights

Remember, I'm yours

I angrily hit the mouse with my finger, crossing off the gossip website. I slammed the laptop shut with an angry growl. “Tossers!” I shouted and rolled onto my stomach.

Pictures had gotten out of everyone in my garden. I felt so violated and exposed I wanted to cry. It was just so wrong that someone would even do that, I felt embarrassed and angry at everyone. My parents kept out of my way wisely.

Despite my anger I knew I had to get changed so I stomped into my closet and changed into my outfit that Mum had chosen for me; a pair of black skinnies and black studded flats, a beige short sleeved button up top and Nick’s watch. I slipped a pair of sun glasses onto my head and carried my black over the shoulder bag into my room.

My heart jumped when I saw Nick on my bed, he gave me a weak smile and opened his arms. I jumped onto the bed and walked over to where he was whilst trying not to loose my balance on the springs. I dropped to my knees and he held me tightly to him, “I’m sorry.” He whispered understanding my low mood.

“I’m sorry.” I told him. He kissed my forehead and we lay together for a long time before I sat up, “Let’s go for dinner, Toast sounds nice right now.”

Nick chuckled at me and we headed out to his Mustang. As always he opened the car door for me and kept my mind off the whole exposure thing for the whole ride there. We walked along side each other as Big Rob, who was waiting in the car park just down the road from Toast, walked in front of us. The paparazzi stood a long way back than usual because of him, I silently thanked him.

When we walked into the restaurant people’s heads turned but they soon turned back when Big Rob looked at them. Nick and I sat down and quickly ordered a coke each, I got a tuna Panini and he got a hamburger and we got some chips to share.

“Are you okay?” Nick asked noticing my discomfort.

I shrugged, “It just scared me is all. To know that I’m not even secured in my own home anymore it’s just…” I trailed off and shook my head.

“I wish I could make it better, it kills me when you’re sad.” I smiled gently at him and he smiled back then thanked the waiter who placed our order in front of us. Some people let out groans seeing the special service we were getting causing me to giggle.

I took a bite out of my Panini and smiled at Nick, “Guess what?”

“Your Panini sucks?” He guessed.

I shook my head, “I caught Brooklyn in my room yesterday with one of my guitars, he was so scared of me; he thought I was going to flip out. I asked him what he was doing and he said ‘I’m trying to learn how to play guitar like Nick’.” I quoted. “I asked Kevin if he would teach him when we’re on tour, he’s going to.”

“Why didn’t you just ask me to do it?” Nick tossed another chip into his mouth and raised his eyebrows at me.

“Because, we barely get time together anyways, throw my brother into the equation and… it just complicates things.” I sighed.

TIME LAPSE

I jumped out of the black SUV into the beaming sun, a camera was brought over to me. I was on the set of the Jonas Brothers new music video and it was being taped by numerous TV shows for ‘behind the scenes footage’ which was basically done instead of massive promo events.

“Hey, I’m Julia Beckham and you are on the set of the Jonas Brothers new music video for a song from their platinum album ‘A little bit longer’ and the song is called ‘Video Girl’ so lets go to hair and make up so I can be turned into a horrible girl.”

I wanted to say ‘slag’ but obviously, this was Disney and TV so swearing was off limits. They followed me and I followed signs pointing to the hair and make up room which was a class room. The concept of the video was the boys at high school dating people who are basically whores, we’re cheerleaders and we get caught making out with different guys which was definitely going to be interesting to film.

When I walked into the classroom Demi and Meghan were getting ready too, I noticed our cheerleading outfits on the racks. I greeted them with a hello and ran over to the wrack with a piece of paper reading ‘Beckham’ on it. My outfit was a short pink dress that had a sequin chest with black heels and a white cardigan, a pair of white rimmed sunglasses was also in the bag. I groaned.

“Ah, the pink! It’s blinding.” I exclaimed blocking my eyes.

They both laughed and I went over to the make up station. We all chatted as my face was lathered in make up and bronzer, I had dark eye make up and my hair was straightened then sprayed with more hairspray than necessary; I ended up choking on some spray in the air.

I changed into the casual slag looking out fit first and read through the time table for the day. “Walking down a corridor… sounds difficult.” I mumbled to my self as I followed my PA down numerous corridors, “Look at my tits man!” I exclaimed, I had a push up bra on so they were practically falling out this dress.

“Complaining already?” Joe’s voice bellowed, I hadn’t even seen him yet.

I turned the corner onto the set, white lights beamed onto the corridor and extras hung by the walls leaving an alley way for the crew to work on. Demi and Meghan sat on their chairs and one was beside Demi which had my name on the back but had my boy friend in it.

“I can’t feel my face.” I said, he chuckled and walked over to me.

Joe threw his arm over my shoulder and smiled, “Come on girlfriend, crack a smile.”

“That’s exactly what my face will do, crack.” His laughed echoed to everyone’s ears and they turned around and smiled at me. “Get out my chair Jonas!” I joked.

“Okay! Girls on set!” The Director, Mark, shouted.

Nick stuck his tongue out at me and I walked out onto the set. I was handed a tricked out Sidekick that was studded with pink gems in the shape of a ‘J’ with silver ones around it and an empty Starbucks cup.

“Right girls, we just need you to walk down here with no care for whoever is in your way. You rule to school, no one can touch you. Got it?”

We nodded and got into a line, I was in the middle with Demi to my left and Meaghan to my right. We did the walk numerous times, the camera panned from our feet up the whole of our bodies until it got to our faces. One we were done with that shoot it was onto the bathroom scene which is the opening to the video.

We stood in front of the mirror applying lip gloss and fluffing our hairs the music played and Meaghan mouthed her lines at the start of the song. We repeated that scene quite a few times then we headed to change into our cheerleading outfits whilst the guys did a performance scene on the football field.

The cheerleading outfit was a small top with black and yellow designs, a short skirt with the same colours on, white tennis shoes and black, white and yellow pom poms.

“What are we doing in this scene again?” I asked Demi who was walking beside me to the football field.

“You’re getting caught making out with a guy in the guys changing room.” She laughed, “I’m in a cupboard with a guy and Meaghan is doing hers later on in the dark under the bleachers.”

“Classy bunch.” I joked and stepped out into the sun, the song was playing through the speakers and the boys were on a make shift stage in the middle of the field with a camera on a long stick like object flying around them to get wide shots.

I was led to the changing room where I noticed my cheat guy leaning against the wall, he looked oddly familiar. I gasped when I noticed with was Jake from the club many weeks ago. He smirked at me as a hair stylist ran her fingers through his fringe.

“We meet again.” I said as I approached him.

He smirked, “I guess we do, only this time I get what I want.” I laughed and the director rushed over to us.

“Jake, I want you to let her push you around because it’s supposed to look like she kissed you not the other way around. So Julia, just grab him like this,” he grabbed onto Jake’s collar, “and shoved him against a wall and then kiss him. But do it more seductively.” He paused as he saw Joe walked in, “Joe! You’re here, let’s get started.” Joe walked over and Mark smiled, “Okay, they’re kissing and you walk in, try to look more like you saw it coming than shocked? Everyone ready?” I nodded and he walked away shouting for everyone to be quiet. “And, quiet on set! Roll camera and action.”

I smirked and pulled his body into my then put a hand on either side of his collar. He looked a slight bit frightened as directed when I pushed him into the wall, I licked my lips and stood on my tip toes so I was closer to his height. I placed my hands roughly on his face and pressed my lips to his. I was cringing inside all the way through the make out and tried to hide my relief when Mark shouted; “Joe go in!”

“What the hell?” Joe shouted.

I broke away from Jake and fake gasped then wiped my smeared lip gloss from my face. I did as it said in the script, I shrugged and went back to kissing Jake. Joe stormed off and as soon as the director shouted cut I pulled away and began laughing.

Joe stood behind the camera sulking dramatically. “Aw, Joe!” I cooed and ran over.

“You cheated on me!” He cried. I laughed and kissed his cheek before giving him a hug, “No! Stop using your great hug giving talent as a way out of this!” He joked but ended up hugging me anyway.

“At least we get to do the funny scenes now.” Joe and I walked out of the changing room and back onto the field. We linked arms, “Shall we?” I asked motioning to the large distance from where we were to the stage.

“We shall.” Joe agreed and we skipped until we reached the stage then we jumped up and I sat down to get my make up and hair re done. By the time I was done almost everyone was here.

I smiled at Nick who smiled back weakly, I guessed he had just been showed my scene. I sighed and jumped down from the stage over to where he was sat, Meaghan sat beside him getting her hair done so I held out my hand for him and we walked behind the stage. “You okay?” I asked him, stroking his cheek.

He leaned down swiftly and buried his face into my neck, placing kisses there every now and again, “I could literally kill that kid for touching you.” He growled angrily, I tightened my grip around his torso and kissed his cheek.

“Remember,” I started but waited for him to look at me, once I made sure I had his full attention I continued, “I’m yours.”

“I know.” He sighed and turned away from me.

I angrily grabbed his arm and turned him back around, “Don’t turn away from me.” I said softly.

I stared at him trying to work out why he was so angry about it all. He was the one who asked me to do the video and he knew I would be kissing another guy, I guessed he just wanted some attention. “What are you doing tomorrow?”

“Spending the morning down the stables before we leave.” I answered him, he was obviously changing the subject. “I’ll come over yours after though.”

Nick nodded and leaned down to kiss me. As soon as his lips connected with mine my heart fluttered and I felt all his worries drain away, I pulled away and rested my head on his, our noses still against each other side by side. “I love you.” I told him with another kiss to seal the words to him.

“I love you too.” He whispered then took my hand in his, “You’ll have to get your lips sorted again, come on.”

I let him lead me back to the group of people who eyes us suspiciously. I sighed and sat back down in my chair and let them attack me with brushes and powders.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like 10+ comments before I post another chapter.

To comment click here

-Rose