Exposed In Lights

That was a loud kiss

I stank of horse, mud and sweat. Going to Nick’s straight after riding my horse was a definite no so I drove home and showered. I straightened my hair and changed into a cream vest top with a grey skirt over it and then I slipped on some cream flats and tied a bow on the top from the laces. I rattled my wrist that had Nick’s watch on then I slipped my promise ring from him on, I didn’t trust my self with it as I rode my horse, too risky.

You Me At Six played in my car and I sung along all the way there. I pulled up outside the house and killed the engine, I grabbed my purse and hung it over my shoulder as I walked up the path. I stepped into the house and looked around, clothes were piled at the bottom of the stairs and music played through out the house. I noticed it to be ‘The Monkees- I’m a believer’

“Hello?” I shouted.

“Kitchen!” I heard Denise shout. I hung my bag on a hook and walked into the kitchen. Everyone was folding clothes or cleaning the kitchen in some way except for Frankie and Kevin who weren’t in the room.

“Mom can I go pack now? Julia can help me.” Nick smiled. I smiled back and began to dance with Joe to the song, he laced our hands together and spun me under his arm. With a tug he pulled me into him and began to waltz me around the kitchen. I giggled at him when he finally let me go but spun me around once more.

I noticed Nick had disappeared so I ran out the room and up the stairs, taking two of them at a time, and skipped until I reached his room. Nick folded clothes and placed them in one of the two cases opened on his bed.

I began picking up clothes from the pile beside him. We folded them quietly, the only sound being the music coming from outside the room. I was being stubborn and wanted him to talk first so I continued to rake through the things until he finally spoke to me.

“Why so quiet?” He asked walking over to his closet to get some more clothes after the pile was dying down.

I shrugged when he came back, “I don’t know.” I answered him. Suddenly I felt his body crash against mine and take me down onto the bed which was covered in clothes. I laughed when he blew raspberries on my collar bone and tried my best to push him off but failed epically. He pressed his lips to mine and they made a very loud noise when we pulled apart, I bit my lip trying not to laugh but ended up laughing anyway.

Nick joined in, “That was a loud kiss.”

I wrapped my arms around his torso and pulled his body firmly down onto mine. I loved how comfortable it was to have my body disappear under his. I rested my cheek against his and closed my eyes contently. I was so relaxed I didn’t notice him snap a picture of us until the flash went off.

I smiled at his cute gesture and pouted when he rolled off. He kissed my puckered lips and went back to packing. It was only eleven in the morning when we finished and the day was still hot and getting hotter outside.

I smiled brightly as an old song from the eighties came on called ’99 Red Balloons’ sung by Blondie. I grabbed Nick’s hands and began forcing him to dance as I sung.

“You and I in a little toy shop, buy a bag of balloons with the money we’ve got. Set them free at the break of dawn til one by one they were gone. Back at base, bug in the software. Flash the message something’s out there. Floating in the summer sky, 99 red balloons go by.” I sung loudly and then let go of Nick to dance around like an idiot, Nick joined me up did more purpose moves than my useless arm failing.

I jumped down onto Nick’s bed and pulled out my Blackberry that was vibrating, “Hello?” I answered.

“Hey Julia.” Mike, my agent, said, “I need you to show your face at a club for me tonight, it’s not a big event but it needs some show. The boys are going I think.”

I creased my eye brows at Nick who nodded his head, “Sure, I’ll show up.” I told him then ended the call, I got an email a few minutes later with the detail, “A friggin’ party the day before I fly to the UK. To think I wanted a decent sleep.” I mumbled to my self.

“Aw, little peach.” Nick cooed hugging me in sympathy. “But I’ll be there.” He kissed my neck and smiled against it when he felt my lips kiss his skin.

TIME LAPSE

All tiredness I had before I came to this club was drained as soon as I stepped onto the balcony and waved at the dancing crowd. Again we were kept on the upper level where numerous high profile people were kept, I walked away from the balcony and pulled down my little black dress. I paired it with a pair of red ankle boots and a cream purse, Nick’s gifts were around my wrist and my finger always causing me to smile when I caught a glimpse of them.

I sat back down at our large round table and picked my drink up from the table, I crossed my legs and leaned against Nick’s shoulder.

“So what time is the flight?” Trust Kevin to want to talk about business when we’re in a club.

“Half five.” I shouted over the music, he looked at his watch and his eyes bulged, “You’re forgetting it’s like a ten hour flight.” I smiled and he nodded.

“It’s longer than that.” Nick said into my ear and then kissed just below my neck. I hung my head and smiled when he continued to kiss the same spot.

“I’m going to get another drink.” I said turning my head, our faces were only an inch apart so I quickly pecked his lips then stood up. I climbed over the round chairs and walked over to the bar. As I walked someone placed their hand on my back as if to lead me, I turned my head to see Jake. “Are you stalking me?” I asked with a slight smile.

“Nope, though that could be an idea.” I chuckled at him and sat down on a stood.

“Coke with ice please.” I said to the bartender who immediately got to work.

I turned to Jake who was still stood beside me, “I won’t give in you know. Let’s go for lunch tomorrow.”

I smiled and shook my head, “No, I’m going to England tomorrow.”

“Ah.” He groaned then leaned forward to whisper in my ear. Just as he was about to talk my coke was placed on the bar and I grabbed it then took off. I headed straight for my seat and I sat down with an agitated look on my face.

I heard Nick turn to Joe, “That dude is seriously pushing his fucking luck with me.”

I tried ignoring Nick for a moment, “Go talk to him.” I heard Joe say.

He stood up beside me and I shuddered from the sudden wave of concern. I looked up at him and he smiled at me, as if to reassure me. Demi, who was sat opposite me, was watching what was happening behind me but I didn’t want to see. But, as hard as I tried I could still hear.

“Dude, you seriously need to give up!” I heard Nick yell, I closed my eyes trying to block it out.

Jake laughed, “Are you kidding me? It’s not my fault you don’t have a leash on your girl.”

I turned around at that point. Nick’s jaw was clenched and so were his fists, they were standing dangerously close together. “That’s exactly what she is, my girl so fucking back off.”

“You know, you’re really starting to wind me up. She’s not your fucking property.” Jake said back at him, sizing him up, “See sh—”

“That’s where your argument ends because she is mine. And if you have a problem with that let’s take this outside.” Nick glared at him and Jake glared back. I turned to Joe, who was sat next to me watching the scene unfold, and he didn’t even notice me. Jake kept on with the glare but didn’t unleash a comeback, “I didn’t think so.” Nick smirked.

I stood up just as Jake went to turn around but I noticed his fists were still clenched and he hadn’t relaxed his position. I just reached Nick when he spun around and swung his fist, “Julia!” I heard Demi scream; I turned to look at her and felt his fist accidentally connect with my face.

The force almost caused me to fall to the floor but instead I fell into Nick. Suddenly the whole of our table was stood up, Joe and Kevin flanked Nick and Justin stood in front of Nick.

“Fuck, are you okay?” Nick asked frantically, I could see how hard he was trying to keep his attention on me. “You’re bleeding.” He whispered.

I felt two hands on my shoulders, they took me out of Nick’s grasp and away from the crowd. “You messed with the wrong people man!” I heard Justin shout as I was led into the girl’s bathroom.

“Get the hell out of here!” Miley shouted kicking everyone out of the stalls and back into the club. I sat on the sink and Demi came in with a green first aid kit.

“I need a drink.” I told them breathlessly. I was in shock and all I could do was worry about what the four men were doing to Jake. Demi ran out again as Miley continued to clean the blood from my face and disinfect the cut that was just on my left cheek bone.

Demi handed me a bottle of water and I watched it shake in my hands as I took a few gulps. She took it from me again and placed it on the floor, I felt a piece of dressing being placed over my cut then two pieces of dressing tape placed over it and on my skin to hold it in place.

I jumped down from the sink when I was sure I was stable again, I wobbled a bit on my heels but I managed to stand. Miley had done a good job with the dressing and had even washed my smeared eye make up off.

“What did they do to him?” I asked Demi who was leaning against the stalls.

“Enough to make him keep away.” I winced at the thought of Nick punching someone because it seemed so out of character. I looked at the closed door and listened to the commotion outside of it, “Want me to get Nick?”

I nodded and she and Miley walked outside, only a few seconds later Nick burst through the door and rushed over to me. “I’m so sorry, this is all my fault.” His voice seemed to be breaking to pieces.

“Don’t do that!” I demanded.

He looked at me oddly, “Don’t do what?”

“Apologise, it’s not your fault.” I placed both my hands on his cheek and stretched to press my lips to his in a kiss he didn’t return, “Stop blaming yourself.” I whispered and kissed him again, “You’re not going anywhere until you kiss me properly.” I warned him with a small smile.

He didn’t smile back but he did give me a proper kiss, I closed my eyes and moved my hands from his face to the back of his neck. Although he was kissing me I could sense he was uncomfortable and tense, he hadn’t wound down yet.

I laced my fingers with his and he kissed me one more time. Nick walked in front of me through the club because many people were being nosey and wanting to know what was going on. When we reached the table Big Rob had came and so had another one of their body guards, Tank, who was blocking people away and hiding people in the circle in case people were taking pictures.

As soon as they saw Nick and me we were surrounded and taken into the middle of the circle, “Kevin, is a car ready?” Nick asked standing firm. Kevin nodded, “Come on, let’s go.”

“Right, I’ll go up front,” Big Rob said, “Tank will go to the back, I want Kevin and Joe either side of Julia and Nick stay in front of her but to the left. We don’t want pictures getting out of this until we’ve spoken to Papa J.”

“I’ll text or email you tomorrow, thanks.” I said to Miley and Demi who gave me a hug, Justin gave me a hug too then it was time to face the music.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kept my promise. Let's have all those comments again, feedback is good.

Comment here! I want 10+ again. :)