Exposed In Lights

Yo, Nelly!

Nick insisted on walking me into the house for some reason, I could feel the bruising forming on my face and I was insanely worried about the pictures the press took of me walking out. I was worried about the tour and I was worried about the stories and rumours that would unfold because of the night’s events.

As soon as the door of the house closed Nick took his jacket from my shoulders and kissed my lips, I could hear my Dad’s voice booming from the kitchen.

“That kid will never work again!” I heard him growl. Nick wrapped his arm around my waist and led me into the kitchen. There was another man in the kitchen, dressed in a suit with a tag on saying ‘Doctor Bailey’. I groaned, it was the middle of the night and they had a Doctor over the house. “Are you okay Princess?”

He only ever called me Princess when he felt guilty for something.

I nodded, “It just hurts a little.” I told him softly.

“Sit down sweetie the Doctor is going to check on it.” I did as my Mum told me and sat on one of the kitchen stools.

“Nick can I speak to you for a moment?” My Dad said not giving him a chance to answer. He whisked Nick into the living room away from me before I could tell him not to.

I listened to them as the Doctor peeled the make shift bandage off my face, “I’m so sorry David.”

“I hope that idiot got worse than what she did.” Dad threatened, I rolled my eyes.

“He got much worse.” Nick replied and I shuddered.

The Doctor pulled out some Steristrips and I groaned, “It’s not that bad.” I told him as he stuck the small strips of white tape on my face to hold the cut together.

“David.” My Mum called and in a few seconds they were both in the kitchen again, my Dad paced the floor still keyed up about it all. “Stand still.” My Mum whispered harshly to him but he didn’t listen.

“That should do it, you can take those off yourself in about a week and you’ll have some bruising but nothing too bad. If you’re in any pain but take some paracetamol and it should fade.” He placed some tablets on the counter and closed up his brief case. “If you need anything else here is my card.”

“I’ll show you out.” My Mum said walking away.

I sat in the kitchen staring at the two main men in my life, the silence was like stabbing me in the side. I hated causing awkwardness. Luckily for me the house phone rang and my Dad moved to answer it. Nick took the opportunity and I stood up, he wrapped his arms around me tightly and I rested my head on his chest.

“Julia…” My Dad said tentatively. “It’s Jay.”

I forgot about him. No doubt he would be very unamused about everything; to be honest he was right up there with the protective men in my life. He saw me as a daughter and is my mentor, mess with me and you mess with him.

I took the phone from him, “Hello?”

“I need this boy’s name.” Jay’s voice was deadly.

I groaned, “You aren’t going to hurt him are you?”

“Not if you don't want me to, I just need to make his life as hard as it can be. What’s his name?”

The suggestion sounded very inviting, I smiled softly. “His name is Jake Elwick.”

“That was easier than I thought it was going to be.” Jay chuckled, “If you need anything at all don’t you dare hesitate to ask. We’ll see you in Newcastle.”

“Bye.” I ended the call and sighed. “Jay is just as annoyed as you two.”

Nick gave me a small smile for the first time since it happened, “Good, he has more power than I do.” Nick glanced at the watch on my wrist, “I better get going, I’ll see you in the airport.” He leaned forward and kissed me softly, “I love you.” He whispered.

“Love you too.” I whispered back and watched him walk out the room. My Dad stared at me with demanding eyes, “It wasn’t his fault; it was Jake’s. Take it out on him.”

“Don’t worry.” Dad smiled, “I will.”

“Come on sweetie, it’s time for you to go to bed. We have to be up in the morning. The boys are very excited you’re taking them with you.”

I stood up from the stool and gave both my parents a kiss before heading upstairs to sleep. I didn’t bother putting on clothes after I changed so I slept in my underwear trying to keep from turning over onto my bruising. I brought the cover up to my face and hugged it tightly until I slipped into sleep.

TIME LAPSE

My Mum, being the amazing woman and life save she is, had put some clothes out for me ready in the morning. My face hurt so much, just showing my emotions through my face hurt, even talking was a burden!

Once was I was changed into some jeans, a black vest with a rib cage on and a blue trench coat. I put on Nick’s watch, my promise ring and a pair of large Dior sunglasses. I was hoping they would cover my cut but they didn’t. I covered most of my bruising with make up and I left my hair down in hope that if I hung my head it would hide it.

“Julia, come on.” My Mum said, peeking her head through the door, “The kids are dead on their feet so I need you fully awake.” She threw a pair of roughed up flat boots. “No heels.”

I nodded and pulled them on. I threw my travel bag over my shoulder and dragged my case down the stairs behind me; it was still dark outside but was warm so I wasn’t too cold. I checked Albert and Ernie were okay in the back of one of the cars. They were in cages ready to be boarded onto the plane, “Bye.” I whispered to them and then climbed into the car.

“Can I go to sleep?” Romeo asked drifting off.

I unplugged him from his seat and sat him on my lap, Geoff who was my body guard put my seatbelt around us both then climbed into the front of the car. He started the engine and took off for the airport.

The ride was quiet, my Mum had Cruz asleep on her lap and Brooklyn was on his Nintendo DS with his earphones in. When we pulled up at the airport security was already there and so were the press, I guessed they were already outside because the boys were inside and had gone through customs.

I looked at the floor until we got to customs when it was time for the eldest gene to kick in, I helped my Mum get the kids sorted. She went through first and sorted them out once they got through and I, well, got them through it all. I was getting progressively annoyed with the press who were snapping pictures of me through the plastic shield.

I took off my jewellery and jacket and walked through, I didn’t beep thankfully so now all I had to do was get my shoes back on and redress my self. I was in the mood for a long flight, it would force me to relax because I’m boxed in and can’t go anywhere.

We got a bigger jet so we can all go on one instead of piling up emissions take two planes when we can fit in one. When we reached the private gate it was impossible to miss the large team that was the Jonas family, their security and their band.

We walked into the room and everyone stood up to greet us, Joe and Kevin both gave me huge brotherly hugs and Denise and Paul gave me hugs to. I cuddled the band in one huge hug then swung Frankie around who, as soon as I let his feet touch the floor, ran around with Brooklyn playing tag.

Nick pulled me down onto his lap and cuddled me into his chest, “You okay?” He mumbled kissing my neck.

“Yeah, my face is a bit rough though.” I leaned back from him and he ran his finger tips over the bruising.

“Yo, Nelly!” Joe shouted, I glared at him and so did Nick.

I ignored Joe and climbed off Nick’s lap as a hostess came out telling us the plane was ready, everyone picked up their bags and we walked onto the over sized Jet. We all at a big seat to our selves and many other devices, I chose a window seat at the back and Nick claimed the one next to me. Joe and Kevin sat in front of us and the adults sat at the very front of the plane.

I opened my bag and turned off my iPhone and Blackberry, I pulled out my iPod and a packet of sweets. Nick opened them and placed them in between our chairs. Nick began playing with my hair as I listened to music through one ear phone, he had the other in his ear. I fed my self sweets and winced when he tugged too hard.

“Like my braid?” He grinned showing me a clump of tangled hair.

I gasped, “Yeah it’s amazing.” I said sarcastically and he playfully slapped my arm. I nuzzled closer to him and he kissed my cheek.

When we landed in Heathrow we headed straight for the hotel, apparently they had cancelled all my promo for the day until my bruising goes down and I had to release an official statement which I planned on writing as soon as I sat my ass down.

My hotel was the Plaza Park hotel, I had a large swanky room to my self were my team were located just down the hall. I threw the key card on the glossy dark wooden table and tugged my case behind me. The bell hop carried Albert and Ernie in and then let Albert out, he ran around sniffing the place wagging his little tail.

“Julia, we need you to come and to the venue for a run through.” Mike shouted through the door, “You can bring your pets if you want.”

I looked at Ernie asleep in the cage and decided to leave him there but Albert was still keyed up running around the hotel room with his ears back, “Come on Albert.” I said and he stopped in front of me, I slipped his collar and leash on and grabbed my bag.

When we arrived at the venue I had Tank take all my stuff onto the new double decker tour bus waiting outside the venue. The boy’s bus was parked right next to ours and Denise was inside getting everything cosy. My brothers didn’t want to leave the bus so my Mum stayed with them while I did a full rehearsal with costume changes.

“Please welcome on stage, the Jonas Brothers.” The crew who were sat in the front row cheered and I laughed. We played ‘On the Line’ then Nick and I did our duet and finally I kicked them off the stage after ‘Live to Party’.

I headed back to my dressing room and changed back into my normal clothes then collapsed on the sofa and fell to sleep. The only time I stirred was when Nick squeezed behind me and hugged me, I fell to sleep with a smile on my face with his hand in mine.

We woke up just over an hour later to my Mum telling us that catering was ready. I groaned and rolled over to face Nick who pulled me closer to him as I buried my face into his neck. Finally I got off him and pulled my black vest down, I snatched a black jacket from my rack of clothes then zipped it up.

“Come on, food is calling.” Nick smiled and gave me a swift but loving kiss.

We walked hand in hand down the corridors, following the signs to catering. We walked into a large room filled with chatter. Round tables were dotted around the floor and against the back wall was a counter of hot food and a fridge filled with cold food. Nick headed for the hot whilst I settled on a packaged chicken ceaser wrap and a packet of plain Doritos.

I sat down at the table where Joe and Kevin were and began eating, they eyed my food choice suspiciously. “What? I love wraps.” I said taking another bite.

Everyone at the table was eating stake or some form of hot meat but I was totally in love with Doritos so I was quite happy just to sit and eat. Kevin had his laptop open and was talking to it with his headset on, I guessed he was having a video chat with Danielle.

I spotted Mike in a corner of his own with numerous papers around him, all his gadgets such as his laptop and Blackberry in front of him and his mobile pressed to his ear with a pen between his fingers.

I snatched my bag of Doritos and walked over to him, I sat patiently while he was on the phone and looked at what he had open on his laptop. Numerous windows were open of gossip websites, as much as I knew I should avoid them I couldn’t help it.

THE DRAMA CONTINUES TO UNFOLD!

New details of the abuse case involving Julia Beckham are coming out not. Numerous sources have contacted Perez and according to them, the shit faced woman beater has pissed off the wrong people!!

Numerous sources reveal that Jay-Z, Julia’s producer, mentor and close friend, is fuming about the whole situation. Papa Becks apparently hit the roof at a party when he was alerted, he and Mrs Becks left the party as soon as they got the call to rush to their daughters aid.

Another source also say they are treating this as a domestic abuse case. Some believe that her boy friend, Nick Jonas, was the one who hit her. Though this has yet to be confirmed.

Perez personally thinks that is a load of BS! I mean, we’ve all seen the leaked CCTV tape and it’s pretty obvious that douche-bag hit her.

We had a statement from her manager about the rumoured tour cancellation; “Julia is doing well and thanks you all for your concern. What happened last night is a shock to everyone around her but she happy and surrounded by people who love her. As her manager I can confirm that the tour is still going on, starting tonight in the London 02 arena. The only thing I have cancelled for her is the promo she was set to do today, this is so she can relax and rest.”

So, still no word from the Princess herself. STAY STRONG, we heart you.


“They’re blaming Nick!” I squeaked quietly, “I need to do a statement.”

“You can’t not until the police have decided if they are going to charge Jake or not.” Mike snapped but not harshly, “Give it at least another day.”

“Put them right about Nick, now.” I demanded standing up. I grabbed my back of crisps then walked back over to the table, Nick had now moved onto an orange.

I cringed as he spat it back out into a tissue, “Don’t you just hate it when a perfectly good orange is tainted by the unexpected seed?”

I laughed loudly and sat down on his lap with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the comments, I'm loving the feedback.

But again I was 10+ before I update again. This is late because I went to school (during the holidays -gasp-) to do some Drama work.

Please comment here!