Exposed In Lights

I am ready

Butterflies swam in my stomach as I walked around my dressing room warming up my vocals. The boys had just come off stage and were dancing around to keep me excited when really I was crapping my self. I should have started with smaller venues, not this massive arena!

I checked my make up and hair in the mirror, I fluffed my straightened hair then stood up straight again. I gasped as Kevin was suddenly behind me, “Nervous?” He chuckled.

I nodded, “Very.” I sighed and jumped up and down a few times. “How long?”

There was a knock on the door then Jess, the main stage manager, popped her head in with a bright smile, “Five minutes til show time, come on.”

Joe, Kevin and Nick enveloped me in a hug and Nick gave me a perfect kiss, “Good luck!” They cheered together and I waved to them as I was dragged out the door.

I walked down the corridor and people attached me up ear piece and passed me my white microphone, my energy levels were spilling over as I was taken up to the roof of the stage. I walked over a metal bridge at the top guided by a woman with a torch, I stepped onto my swing and held onto the ropes. I was clipped onto a safety harness and I watched as the crew descended to the floor again.

After a few minutes of hyperventilating at the screams coming from the crowd the piano began to play and red lights flashed on the stage. I hitched up my red tights one more time before I began getting lowered to the ground. The piano replayed until I hit the ground.

“Listen!” I shouted as the fireworks went off, “We’ve got a situation; they’re always getting us down. We are the generation, can’t keep us underground. Is it my imagination, or do you feel good!”

The sight before me was breath taking, all of these young adults singing along to the words of my songs just lifted me up so much. After the first song I looked at the sound board where my family were. They waved at me with bright smiles on their faces and I winked.

I brought the microphone to my mouth, “One, two, three four!” I shouted and then we kicked off into ‘Calling All Skeletons’. After five more songs it was time for the boys to come on, Nick was to my right and Joe and Kevin were to my left. “Having fun?” I asked and got a scream in return, “I think now is about the time that we bring back onto the stage my three best friends. Please welcome, Joe, Nick and Kevin. The Jonas Brothers!” I shouted.

Being on stage was better with the boys was even better but I wanted Nick out the front instead of behind drums while we played ‘On the Line’. Sharing the stage gave me even more energy, I was running around easier now thanks to my wardrobe change half way through a song.

Joe and Kevin left the stage leaving Nick and I. We walked to the end of the catwalk where two stools appeared from under the stage. I put my microphone on the stand and sat on my stool, guitar resting on my lap with Nick and his guitar next to me. He elbowed me and grinned, I grinned back.

“This song is one of my favourite songs ever,” Nick said flashing a smile to the crowd, “It’s a duet by Jason Mraz and Colbie Calliat called ‘Lucky’.”

I strummed the opening and listened to Nick sing the opening verse, I felt like we were in our own little world whenever we sang this song. I was only vaguely aware I was in front of a crowd because of the epic sound of them singing the words back to me was hard to ignore.

The rest of the concert was exciting and I felt like I wasn’t tired at all, my heart was racing when I took my bow at the end of the catwalk with my band and the boys. “Thank you London!” I shouted and ran back down the catwalk and off the stage.

The next hour was a buzz, everyone was complimenting my on my performance and hugging me. I sat on the sofa in my dressing room eating some Doritos and drinking Red Bull in the safe comfort of Nick’s hold.

“Come on, hotel time!” My Mum shouted clasping her hands together, I stood up and pulled on a black jacket over my sweaty stage clothes. Nick and I walked hand in hand down the corridor until we parted ways to go to our separate buses.

“You were so amazing, I’m proud of you.” He smiled down and pressed his lips to mine in a firm kiss. I brought my hand up to his face and smiled against the kiss. “I’ll come to your room tonight.” Nick whispered then kissed the skin under it.

“You better.” I smirked and kissed him again. He patted my bum playfully as I climbed back up into the bus.

I sprawled out across the leather sofa and pretended to be asleep for the journey there so I could get some peace. I 'woke up' just as the bus was pulling out in front of the hotel, “That was convenient.” My Mum smiled knowing my trick, “Come on kids.”

I took Cruz’s hand as we walked into the hotel and up to our private floor, “Night Mum.” I gave her a kiss then shoved my key into the door.

I wasn’t surprised when I saw Nick sat on my bed with a bowl of chocolate bars and two diet cokes in front of him. He wore no shirt and some basket ball shorts, “I could get used to this.” I mumbled to my self as I slipped my feet out of the heels and then took off my tights, leaving my dress on.

I snatched a Snicker as began eating it as he flicked the TV on and looked for a movie to watch, he decided on ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire’ much to my happiness. We continued to eat chocolate until Nick paused the film only five minutes into it. I glared at him and he smirked.

“This is unfair.”

I looked at him before handing him the half eaten Snicker, “Have it then.”

He laughed and shook his head, “You’re wearing too much clothing for my liking.” His eyes travelled down my lips and his fingers grazed my collar bone.

I smiled sheepishly and climbed off the bed. I held eye contact with him as I unzipped the back of my dress and let it fall to my feet, he smiled seductively at me as I stood in my lacy black bra and green girls boxers. I suddenly wished I worn the matching underwear with this bra.

Nick crawled over to me and I stood at the edge of the bed. I smirked down at him as he kneeled in front of me and wrapped his hands around my ass cheeks then pulled me down on top of him. He swiped the chocolate onto the floor with his arm and pressed his hungry lips onto mine.

The feeling of my skin against his was like no other, his hands roamed my bare torso as mine held his face. He slipped his tongue into my mouth and in return I let mine roam his mouth, I ran my fingers along the waist band of his boxers. I felt him moan against my lips when he flipped us over so he was pinning me down.

His body completely engulfed mine, I had never felt so small but I loved the fact he could completely devour me, that his body could perfectly hold mine. Everything about him was perfect and he could do no wrong in my eyes.

I winced at the lack of contact when his lips moved from my mouth to my neck, I clutched onto some of his hair when he nipped at my skin and swirled his tongue around the spots he bit. Nick kissed down my stomach until he reached my underwear, his lips grazed the top of them before he hooked his fingers around them. I threw my head back in need but also in annoyance, this was where I’d have to stop him.

“Nick.” I said sharply as he kissed back up my stomach until we were level again, but he kept his hands hooked on my underwear. His kissed my collar bone and neck making my thoughts cloud.

“Mmmm.” He moaned in response but he did it against my skin, sending vibrations through it causing me to shudder.

I could tell he wasn’t going to give in so I pushed his shoulders roughly bringing his lips off my neck. “We can’t.” I told him firmly.

But Nick just smiled, “We can.” He tried to make an advance again but I pushed my self away from him to the edge of the bed.

I sighed, I was denying sex with Nick… I must be insane. “No.” I said quietly.

“You don’t want to?” He sounded a slight bit shocked, he had a good right to be shocked as well.

I picked my legs up and spun around to face him, I crossed my legs under me and looked him in the eyes, “I don’t want you to do something you’re not ready for.” I could have laughed; how ironic I was giving the speech the boy friend was supposed to give?

“I am ready.” His eyes told me he wasn’t lying which complicated things more, I had trouble denying Nick anything he wanted and not to mention this was something I wanted too.

“But are you ready to break your image, are you ready to explain to your parents how you broke a promise you made to God and yourself. Nick, that ring on your finger is way too important for me to mess with.”

He looked down at the ring and then back to me, “You’re the most important thing to me not this ring so don’t act like it is. I want you.”

“I don’t.” I said quietly lying through my teeth. Of course I wanted him, I wanted all of him but I wasn’t so selfish as to take something that important from him. I didn’t deserve it. He stood up and pulled on his shirt that he previously discarded on the floor, “Nick…” I groaned.

“I was so ready for this, I’d convinced my self that this is what I want and it still is. I can’t believe that…” He trailed off shaking his head. “I’m going to bed.”

I let him walk away sensing his need to be alone. I grabbed the remote and pressed play, letting the film take my focus away from everything that just happened. I snatched a Twix and munched on that for another distraction.

NICK’S POV

I walked down the corridor to my room totally pissed off and upset. She couldn’t grasp the concept that all I want forever is her, this ring is nothing compared to her.I’d gotten my self prepared all day for this. I never was the kind of guy to do this thing. I could never be sexy or seductive so to try and carry out a move like this seemed impossible.

She let me get so close then shot me down, I felt so rejected that all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and sulk for the rest of the night. But I knew I wouldn’t be able to get that chance sharing a room with Joe.

As soon as the door closed he acknowledged me, “You’re back early, so how’d the plan turn out?”

Of course I had told my brothers, Kevin had hinted that he thought Julia wouldn’t let me do it but I didn’t listen. I wish I did, “It didn’t turn out.” I sighed jumping on the double bed next to him, I crawled under the covers and lay on my side to face Joe.

“What happened?” Joe asked.

I buried my face into the pillow for a moment then turned to look at him, “We were so close, we were both practically naked,” Joe cringed, “Don’t wince, you’ve seen her in her underwear in the Bahamas so it’s no surprise. I’m still not happy about that by the way.”

“Shut up and get on with it.” Joe said cockily, I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him but he caught it and dropped it on the floor.

“Then I make a move and she just blows me off. She went on about my ring saying how it’s ‘too important for her to mess with’ or some shit. I don’t know, I feel like I’m without a frickin’ paddle.” I sighed and rolled onto my back.

“That was harsh of her.” Joe said softly, “Don’t worry about it man, she is right in a way.”

I rolled my eyes, “And that’s where the conversation ends, night Joe.”

The last thing I heard was his chuckle before I drifted to sleep.

Morning- Julia’s POV

Today was the Brits and I managed to persuade the boys to come to a Dior fashion show seeming as they love their suits and I loved their… everything. They’d have to sit through the women’s line of smart wear until they got to see what the really were coming for. Kevin is obsessed with Dior Homme suits so when I suggested it the other two had no other choice but to come.

I tried to make my self look fashionable today so it took me twice as long to get ready. I picked out a two tone blouse and a short pencil skirt that had a bow that cascaded down the skirt in the center of it. I wore some suede fendi heels and some black stencil earrings and of course, my watch and ring were definite.

Choosing a bag was another big thing but I finally managed to steal a black hand bag from my Mum. Once everything was thrown in I curled my hair and dapped on some more powder to hide my bruises. I had room service bring me breakfast so I sat on the sofa watching BBC news eating some toast.

I walked down the corridor to say goodbye to my Mum who was taking the boys around London for the day, she was so unamused I was going to a fashion show without her. My Dad was joining us today as well, I didn’t know whether to be excited or not, it depends on how he acts on how I feel having him around. Don’t get me wrong, I love him but there’s no telling how over protective of me he will be now.

I let my self into the room to find only my Mum sat on the bed eating some cereal. I joined her and sighed, “Wanna talk about it?” She asked switching off the TV.

I knew I could tell my Mum anything. That was one of the main things I loved about her. I never did understand why some teenagers won’t talk to their Mum about their problems, they’d quite happily listened even if they act like they don’t care. They’re still your Mum and having my Mum to talk to was the best considering she’d seen and heard it all.

“Nick wanted to have sex last night,” I waited for her reaction but she didn’t change, completely non-judgemental, “and I told him no because of his ring. It was so hard because he was so dead set of having sex with me, I know he loves me but I just… I think he’s mad at me.”

I looked at my Mum, waiting for the wisdom to pour out of her. “Well, you’ve definitely wounded his ego and every man hates that; even the perfect ones like Nick. But you did the right thing because he would probably regret breaking his promise but not having sex with you part. It’s probably going to be a bit awkward with you two for a bit, just so you know.”

“Thanks Mum.” I gave her a tight hug then headed out, “Love you.”

“Love you too, oh and I love that outfit.” I smiled at her and then headed downstairs to meet my fate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this was a cheat update because someone -cough- doodeface -cough- posted two comments. Come on guys! I hit 100 subscribers and only nine of you comment, psssh.

Thanks for everyone who does comment, keep it up, your comments make me happy. For the next update (which is ready and written) I wanted to get over the 200 mark for comments which is only 11 comments away.

So please do COMMENT HERE

Thanks for reading!