People and Their Thoughts.

My Son Is Dead?

I sat there with Lara in my arms thinking about everything that was going on. Everything that I've missed.
"I love you so much." I said to her.
"I love you too. Are you hungry?"
"A little."
"Ok I'll go make some lunch." Dante started to cry. "After I go take care of him."
"No. He's my son I'll take care of him."
"Really?"
"Yeah. I need to get use to being a father."
"Ok." She kissed me on the forehead and then went into the kitchen. I got up and went into his room and picked him up.
"Dante, I know you probably have a grudge aganst me and I don't know why. But hey, I love you and there is nothing in the world that will change that." I looked into his eyes this time and felt a warmth go through my body. I can't believe it. I really can't. I Held him close to me and sat down in the rocking chair. I rocked him back to sleep and i sat there starring at his beautiful face.. He was adorible. His bright green eyes were hidden from the light by his sliky eyelids.
"Carmin. Come on in the kitchen and eat." I put Dante back in his crib and went to the living room. I stood in there for a second then went into the kitchen. "Forget where the kitchen is?"
"No. I just needed to see everything again." I sat down at the table.
"How's Dante?"
"He's fine. He actually feel asleep in my arms."
"Wow. See he doesn't hate you."
"For now." We ate and talked. We went back into the living room. "So what do you want to do?"
"I know." She sat on my lab and started to kiss me.
"Works for me." After making love with my wife. She was laying on top of me. It was about 6:00pm. I heard a car door open and shut.
"Shit." She got off of me and we both got our cloths on. I went into a closet and hid. A man walked into my house.
"Hey sweetie." He said. He wrapped his arms around her waste and kissed her.
"Hey honey. You're home early." Lara said.
"I missed my beautiful wife and my beautiful son. You seem tense. What's wrong?"
"Eh, nothing. How about you go take a nice shower and i'll make you some dinner ok?"
"Ok let me put my coat in the closet."
"No." she tired to stop him. he open the closet door and there i was standing there. "Carmin? But...I thought...but..you where..." It was my arch enemy Steven. he fainted. I had rage going through my eyes. I could feel my heart dying slowly. I step over him and walked over to Lara.
"You.....you married him.....I would understand you remarrying someone but Steven of all people??" I got into her face. "How could you do that to me? I can't belive you. You know what I should just leave. I can't stand being here right now." I went into Dante's room and hugged him. I told him I loved him more than aything and I will miss him. I went back out to the living room.
"Carmin, please I'm sorry."
"Whatever." I took out the pocket watch. Steven started to get up. i walked over to him and punched him as hard as i could. Then i turned the watch and i was out of that room. I found myself back in Jay's office. he was sitting at his desk.
"Your back early." He said.
"I found out somethings I didn't want to know."
"Did anyone else see you?"
"Eh....yeah. I tired to hide myslef. But he found me."
"eh-oh. Not good. Someone is going to pay now."
"What do you mean."
"I know you couldn't help it. But now some one you love is going to have to pay."
"You mean die?"
"Yes." I let out a heavy sigh. "Sorry bud."
"It's ok. I should probably get back to the house though."
"ok." I turned around left and went home. As I walked down the quiet road all i could hear was the street light buzzing. I said those three shoulda, woulda, coulda, of not went back to see you. It sound better before. I went to the park and sat at the bench. Trying to get everything through my head. I couldn't believe she was remarried and she didn't tell me. I started to cry. Because of me going down there and someone seeing me someone is going to die and i don't want that to happen. I wipe the tears away and went back to my house. when I walked in Zach was sitting on the couch watching t.v.
"Hey man your home." He said.
"Yeah." I said in a sigh. i walked to the kitchen and grabbed a beer.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing i can't say. I'm suppose to keep everything that happen down there to myself and Jay."
"Oh, Ok." I sat there for a little bit and had a few beers. After a while i decide to go to bed. I stumbled over to my bed. The next morning I woke up to a crying baby. I got up and went into the living room. Zach was sitting in there with Jay and a baby. I walked over to them. I looked down at the baby and it was Dante. I fell to the ground and started to cry.
"no. no. no. Not him. Why." I sat there and cried.
"Man I'm so sorry." Zach said. I got up and went over to him. I grabbed him into my arms and held him. He looked me in the eye and he seemed so scared. I held him close and I was going to make sure nothing happen to him. I could feel him trying to hang on. I sat there with him in my arms for the longest time.
"How long has he been here?" I asked.
"For about 4 hours." Jay said.
"wow."
"Hey buddy if you want I can go with you and get things for him." Zach said.
"Thanks bud."
"No problem. What are cousin for?"
"Yeah." I gave him to Zach and went and took a shower. I got dressed and then I switched with Zach. We left a while later. I held Dante in my arms as we walked store to store getting things for him. We got a few things for ourselves too. We went back to the house and Ashlin, and Brett were sitting on the couch.
"Hey bud we heard." Brett said getting up. I put Dante down on the floor. He started to crawl around.
"Oh..."
"It's ok man we're here for you." Brett came over and gave me a hug.
"Thank." They helped me get the stuff together and into a empty room we had and got Dante all seattled. I put him in his crib and went out to the living room.