People and Their Thoughts.

He strikes.

After the party we went back to her house and I slept on the couch. The next morning I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs cooking. I got up and fixed my hair a little bit then went into the kitchen. Lara was in there cooking.
"Morning." I said.
"morning sleepy head."
"Making breakfast?"
"No, I'm making dinner. Of course."
"Sorry. You have anything for me to take for my headache?"
"Ya let me get this into the oven and I'll get it for you."
"Ok." I went and sat at the kitchen table. "thank you for letting me staying here."
"No problem. here you go." She handed me some pills and a glass of water.
"Thanks." She finished up an dwe ate. after we were done I got my stuff together. "I should probably go start getting unpacked."
"Ok. After I get back from work I can come help you if you want."
"That'd be great. But you don't have to you already have done a lot."
"I don't care. I love to help people."
"Ok." We separated and I went and started to unpack. That guy was in my living room. "Dude leave me the fuck a lone. I haven't done anything wrong."
"I'm just letting you know your brother has died. And that he's down in hell with me. And I'm going to have some fun."
"You fucker." I jumped at him but he disappeared. I just ignored him plugged in my stereo and started unpacking again. After a while I was done. I went to the store and bought a bed couch, t.v, and a dining room set. I have to stop spending this much money. I went back to my house and Lara was on my porch. I parked and got out. she ran over to me.
"CARMIN!" She said crying.
"What's wrong?"
"My...my house....someone burnt down my..house." she said through tears. I held her in my arms.
"Everything's going to be OK don't worry." I said in a soft voice. I brought her into the house. "hey, hey look at me." I said to her she looked me into my eyes. "You can stay here until we get this figured out OK?"
"Ok Thank you Carmin."
"no problem. Hey I know we've only known each other for a day and a half but I was wandering if you wanted to be my girlfriend?"
"um..." She went silent.
"I'll understand if you don't want to."
"It's not that. It's just...we just met and everything. But I will."
"Really?"
"Yeah. I want to get to know you better. You seem like such a nice guy."
"Thanks. Your a nice girl."
"Sometimes." We laughed.
"I have somethings i just bought I need to bring in."
"Ok let's go get it." She helped me bring everything in and we put everything together. All I could think about is the guy. He really is trying to ruin my life and wants me to give in but I swear to god I will not. I have too much to lose. We both collapses on the couch. i put my arm around her and brought her closer to me. We talked for a while and we told we each other about our child hood and what we've been through. I didn't care what he did next. I told her about what was going on. "How are you going to get through this with out losing anyone else?"
"I don't know. I just...*sigh* i just don't know."
"Hey. I know your going to get through it and I'll help." It was about 2:58am when we were off to bed. My first time since Katty have I had a girl in bed with me. The next morning I woke up early and called Autumn.
"Hello?" She said in a sleepish way.
"Hey Autumn. I know what you think of e. I know you really don't want to be with me so it's over."
"Wait? What?"
"I know everything. Don't try and hid anything from me. Hope you had fun." I hung up and went into the kitchen I forgot to get things to eat. I got dressed and drove to the grocery store. The lady that was in there the first time i was here was in there again.
"Hey, So you find a good house?" She asked.
"Yeah. Thanks to my girlfriend."
"Who's your girlfriend?"
"Lara Croft."
"Hey she's my daughter."
"She is?"
"Yeah."
"Cool." I got some groceries I needed and paid for them and left. I was already getting use to this small town. It seemed everyone was related. It was weird. I drove home back to my house. I when I got in there Lara was sitting on the couch. "You're up."
"Yeah. And this man came by. He handed me this to give to you." She handed me an envelope.
"Did he say anything to you?"
"Ya. Kinda weird he said I would look pretty dead."
"No!" I started to panic. I knew he would try and kill her. I fell to the ground and I started to have a panic attack.
"Carmin!" She ran over to me and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.
"No. No. Please don't." I kept saying over and over again.
"What are you talking about."
"You know that guy I told you about?"
"Ya."
"That was him."
"Oh." I got up and almost fell over again. I went and sat on the couch. I open the letter.
Carmin,
You told. Now someone has to pay. You either give in or she will die. There is no way of stopping me. I'm a silent killer. I know my way. I could kill her tonight. Or right now as you read this letter. I looked up and he was standing behind her with a knife.
"NO!" Lara looked around a screamed.