Status: Finished

Harder Than You Know

Back Down to the River

"But I don't feel like it." I complained as Michaela tried getting me to go swimming at her house.

"Oh yes you do. Your just afraid your going to look bad since you had a baby. Your body is better than mine and I haven't had my stomach stretched out. Now, your going to put this," She threw my swimsuit and cover clothes at me, "and come over. Your mom already agreed with watch Audrey so don't use it as an excuse." She pushed me into the bathroom and locked the door. I guess I was fucked now.

Mumbling incoherently, I slid into the two piece bathing suit. It didn't look bad, but I was still self conscious. I put on the cover clothes and stepped out of the bathroom, grabbing my bag and phone, then leaving the house with Michaela.

[--]

I sat on a long chair, tanning silently. Jack and Rian were being obnoxious and drinking with some other friends they had invited. Alex was controlling the grill and wouldn't let anyone touch the food since Jack had gotten beer on it. Michaela was lounging by the pool with another friend, feet dangling into the water.

Zack -wait, where the hell was Zack?! Suddenly, two arms were underneath me, picking me up. I gasped in shock, and then glared at him.

"Zack, I fucking swear if you-" But it was too late. I had been submerged into the cool water. I hadn't let go of Zack, so he went under with me. I swam up quickly to the surface, gasping when I breathed in the air.

"Zachary Steven Merrick!" I cried, slapping the back of his head.

"Ow!" He whined, rubbing the spot where I smack him. I heard chuckling from the pool side. Michaela, Alex, and a few other people were laughing. I scowled,

"You think that's funny?" I asked Michaela, heading over to her. She laughed again, nodding her head. Before she realized what had happened, I pulled her in. She screeched, arms flying around.

"Let's play chicken!" Zack yelled. I agreed- it sounded like fun. I was set to be on Zack's shoulders while Michaela was on Jack's. She was winning at first, until by some grace of God, I pushed her off of my brothers shoulders, both of them submerging into the water. I smiled, and crawled off of Zack's back. He gave me a high five, and then started arguing with Jack about 'how we cheated.'

I pulled a blow-up floaty down into the water that was sitting in the sun. I flopped down onto it, letting some of the water touch my body as I got comfortable. The sun beat down on my face; I instantly regretted not putting on sun block. I sighed contently, my brain daydreaming. I wondered how Audrey was, even though Michaela strictly said I wasn't allowed to since my mom and father had her. The weight shifted on the float. I peeked open one eye in the direction of the change. Alex had his shoulders perched on the side with his head laying on them.

"I thought you were at the grill." I said.

"Eh, I was. Until Rian started bitching about how I cooked the burgers so he took over. I decided to come bug you." He laughed, the vibrations of his body shaking the float.

"Your not bugging me, yet. I'm just not too accustomed to the quietness you know?" I wasn't- really. Audrey cried at night for the past three weeks, waking me up a lot. I was a light sleep enough as is.

"I definitely know what you mean. We haven't even been able to do anything, if you know what I mean." He muttered sadly. I hated not being able to have sex with him, but just being up a lot due to the baby was exhausting.

"Now I definitely know what you mean. But don't worry, I'm sure she'll get used to sleeping night sooner or later." I told him, looking up at the sky. He chuckled, kissing my lips. I kissed back hardly, forgetting we were out in public.

"Don't fuck in my pool!" Jack yelled from his chair out in the lawn. I heard a smack, then Michaela scolding Jack for breaking up the live action. I felt my cheeks fluster as Alex just laughed, flipping my brother off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, the next chapter skips two years, just to let you know. there's still a few more chapters to go, though. I'll do a little countdown when there's only like five left.

thanks for commenting, you guys are the best.