Clash Of The Rockbands

The Reveal

NO FUCKING WAY.” Rayne, Kim, Jen, and AM all snapped simultaneously the next morning as I told them about James’s and mine’s new relationship.

“Yes fucking way,” I replied calmly.

“OH MY GOD,” Rayne cried. She shot up off of the couch and began to pace, rubbing her temples and staring down at the ground. “Mel and James are dating. The world is going to end.” She shot her head back up to glare at me. “And I’ve barely got to flirt with Syn!” She stomped her foot in anger.

“I’m sorry.” I said, shrugging. “If you could’ve felt James’s kisses last night, you wouldn’t have been able to resist his offer either.”

“If I had been in your position last night, I would’ve slapped him upside the head and told him to back the fuck off!” Rayne snapped, starting to pace again. I thought about that for a second, and I could actually visualize her slapping James across the face.

“But if it had been Syn—“ Jen began.

“I would have made out with him, yes,” Rayne finished.

“But I didn’t make out with James.” I pointed out before anyone could start. “There was no tongue action going on.”

“But you wish there had been.” AM said matter-of-factly. Well, I couldn’t deny that. “I mean, when Zacky and I—“

“No, please, spare us the extremely explicit explanations,” Kim snapped hurriedly. AM snapped her mouth shut. Kim turned to look at me. “Well, I’m happy for you, Mel. Even if the others aren’t.”

“Thanks, Kim,” I replied.

“Oh, I’m happy for her.” Rayne said. “I’m just slightly surprised. Didn’t you put up a fight at all?”

“I tried, but it was impossible. The feel of his lips on mine...” I trailed away, staring dreamily at the powder blue wall.

“Daydreams for a moment,” Jen added. Everyone laughed.

“But seriously, it was impossible to resist. He’s a charmer.” I continued.

“He didn’t charm you, honey,” Rayne told me, sitting back down on the couch. “He downright seduced you.”

I grinned.

“I know it.” I said in a slightly squeaky voice. “And I liked it...A LOT.”

“Yes, when Zacky—“ AM started again.

“Shut up about you and Zacky already, AM!” Kim shouted.

“Oh, and like Johnny’s never made you feel all tingly!” AM shouted back. Kim’s dark brown face paled considerably. That’s the thing with Kim: she doesn’t blush, she just gets paler. She’s African-American, you see, and if she ever blushes, her cheeks get two tiny little pink dots that you can barely see. So she mainly just pales.

“I much rather keep that private.” Kim snapped stiffly back. We all laughed at the look of half-anger/half-embarrassment on her face. We knew inside she was smiling at the memory of those moments.

“But back to the subject of Mel and James,” Rayne said, breaking the giggly silence. She looked over at me. “Has he called you yet?”

“N—“ Right as I started to answer, my phone rang. Rayne raised her eyebrows and directed her gaze down to my pocket.

“I wonder who that could be.” she said.

“No clue,” I answered as I pulled out my cell phone. I held up a finger and flipped my cell phone open, even though everyone was already silent. “Hello?” I asked in my best imitation of a professional voice.

“Are you in the middle of an interview or something?” James asked.

“Why would you think that?”

“You sound so professional and formal.”

“Well, no, I’m not in an interview. I’m just sitting in my living room. I’ve JUST got finished telling the girls about your lame-ass seduction last night.” I answered.

“Lame?” James repeated.

“Uh-huh.”

“You didn’t seem to think that it was too lame while it was happening.” I felt myself going pink a little bit.

“You weren’t supposed to know that.” I answered quietly.

“Uh-huh,” he mocked. “Sure.”

“Don’t make me hang up on you.” Rayne looked dismayed at that.

“Come on, Melrose, you aren’t fooling anyone.” He was right. I would never hang up on him. On purpose at least.

“Yeah, you’re right.” I answered. I stood up and headed out of the living room into the little parlor area at the front of our house, where two staircases on each side of the room curled up against the wall and led to the second floor. I started up the left staircase.

“Well, I have a question to ask you.” James said as I stepped up onto the humongous landing.

“Okay.” I answered as I walked over to my canary yellow door with the TBH symbol hand-painted right in the center of it. I pushed it open and stepped into my room, closing the door behind me. “Shoot away,” I encouraged as James stayed silent.

“Oh, sorry, just trying to figure out the right words.” James answered thoughtfully. I fell back onto my bed.

“Ouch!” I hissed, sitting up fast. I completely forgot about my bed being pressed up against the wall. So I just slammed the back of my head into my wall, hard.

Not a pleasant feeling, at all.

“Melrose?” James asked in a concerned voice. I rubbed the back of my head, making my hair stand up a little bit.

“I’m fine.” I said automatically, sitting completely up.

“What did you do, you klutz?” James asked jokingly.

“Hit my head on the wall,” I peeped.

“Just imagine me kissing it.”

“The wall, or my head?” I asked, purposefully being stupid.

Okay, time-out for a minute. I know girls usually try to impress their boyfriends while on the phone with him. You know, try to whisper all sexy and that sort of thing. Or they giggle—but never laugh—at every little thing he says. They pretty much try to put themselves in good light.

Me, not so much. I really don’t care what he thinks of me. I’m going to act like myself around him, around his friends, around my friends, on the phone, on a date. Anywhere: I’m going to act like myself. Why pose as someone you’re not? If the guy doesn’t like you for you, then why are you dating him in the first place?

But back to the story.

I could almost hear James’s eyes rolling in his sockets.

“The wall,” he answered simply.

“But the wall doesn’t love you.” I gasped/pouted.

“Yeah it does.”

“Not as much as I do.”

“Yeah it does.”

“But the wall can’t kiss you back.”

“Your head can’t either.”

“But my lips can.”

“But I wasn’t going to kiss your lips, was I?” James answered. “I was going to kiss your head.” I thought about that one for a few seconds.

“Damn,” I muttered.

“Precisely,” James said triumphantly.

“Well, have you figured out how to ask your question yet?” I asked, changing the subject lickety-split.

“Yes, ma’am,” James answered.

“Alright. Ask away,” I told him.

“Want to go on a date?” James asked casually.

“You couldn’t figure out the right words to that?” I asked incredulously.

“Nope,” James answered. “But what’s your answer?”

“Yeah, sure,” I said instantly.

“I’ll pick you up at eight.”

“Right.”

“Bye.”

Click.

“James?” He hung up on me. That jerk. I didn’t even get to say the usual “I love you” and “Good-bye”. “AAAAYYYY-MMMAAAYYY!” I shrieked.

“WHHHHAAATTT?” AM shrieked back.

“I NEED TO FIND AN OUTFIT TO WEAR!” I screamed/answered.

“I’M YOUR GIRL!”

“GET YOUR ASS UP HERE THEN!”

Pretty much five seconds later, AM burst into my room with a maniacal glint in her eye. She strode over, wrapped her long, slender fingers around my arm, and tugged me off of the bed.

“Would you wear a dress?” she half-asked/half-muttered as she grabbed my shoulders and forced me to turn around in a circle.

“Uh, depends,” I answered as I came around to face her again.

“I was thinking mini.” AM told me. “About this length.” She held her hand about five inches above my knee.

“Too short,” I answered instantly. AM shot me a stern look.

“No such thing,” she snapped.

“I want to be comfortable.” I countered.

“Leggings, honey, leggings,” AM suggested, spinning me around once more.

“Right.”

“Okay.” AM seized my arm again and dragged me into my walk-in closet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyloo.

I'm totally not posting more until I get more comments. Once I get three different comments, I'll start posting again. I have all the time in the world.
I'm evil, I know. =}