Let's Get These Teen Hearts Beating Faster

Chapter One.

“Okay, Bella, we’re finished with the paperwork.” Mr. Burton said. “Welcome to Hollywood Records.”

I smiled. It was finally happening. My dream was coming true. “Thank you, Mr. Burton. I’m very happy to be here.”

“Now, the first thing we need to do is getting your name out there. And what better way to get yourself known than to go on tour with our most popular act at this moment. So, we decided that you will be going on tour with the Jonas Brothers as their opening act. Are you up for that?” he asked me.

“Totally!” I said, a little too excited. “I love their music.”

“Great.” Mr. Burton said, smiling. “You only have three songs written so far, so you’re going to have to write on the tour. We want to record an album as soon as possible. Maybe you can even get some help from the Jonas Brothers.”

“Oh, of course.” I replied. “I already have a few ideas stuck in my head. It’s just a matter of getting them on paper.”

“Well, the tour starts in two weeks and it will continue for 2 months. I will send you an e-mail with all the information.” He said.

“Okay, that sound good.” I said.

“Do you have any more questions?” Mr. Burton asked me.

“Not that I can think of right now.” I replied.

“Okay. If you do think of something, don’t hesitate to give us a call. And then I think we’re done here.” He said.

I stood up from my seat. “Okay. Thank you again for this amazing opportunity.” I said.

“It’s our pleasure.” He said. “Goodbye, Bella. And good luck on the tour.”

“Thank you. Goodbye, Mr. Burton.” I said, before walking out the door.

-

“Momma? I’m home!” I yelled through the house. “Mom?”

“I’m in my office!” She shouted back. My mom was a real estate agent. She wanted to be her own boss, so she started her own agency. It’s small, and she doesn’t even have any employees, but it’s enough to provide for my mother and me.

“Hi honey. How was your day?” she asked me, as I entered her office.

“It was great. I’m going on tour with the Jonas Brothers!” I said, smiling.

“Oh, honey, that’s great.” She said, with an equally big smile on her face. “When is this tour?”

“We leave in two weeks, and I’ll be gone for two months.” I said. “Is that okay?”

“Of course, sweetie.” She replied. “It will be quiet around the house though.”

“Isn’t Charlotte coming home for the summer?” I asked her. Charlotte was my older sister. She was in England for college. She only had one more year to go.

“She’s coming home for a few weeks. But not the whole summer.” Mom said, sighing. “She doesn’t want to be away from Daniel for too long.” Ah, Daniel, the boyfriend who we’ve never met. We’re not sure he even really exists.

“Oh. I’m sorry, mom. If I’d have known I wouldn’t have said yes to this tour.” I said, sadly.

“Don’t you say that. I’m a big girl, I can be on my own for 2 months.” She said.

“Okay. I’ll let you get back to work.” I said. “I’m going shopping. I need new clothes for the tour.”

-

Beep…. Beep…. Beep…

“Hello. This is Andrew Walker. I’m not here right now, so leave a message and I’ll get back to you.”

Beep.

“Hi, dad. It’s Bella. It’s been a while, huh? Well, I just called because I have some news. Uhm, I got a record deal. Yeah, I got signed with Hollywood Records. And, uhm, I’m going on tour soon. With the Jonas Brothers. I don’t know if you know who they are. They’re this band, from Disney. Yeah, they’re really big actually. Well, anyway, I just got all the tour dates, and, uhm, we’re going to be in Seattle at the of July. So, you know, I was thinking that maybe I could come and visit you? And that you could come see me play? Well, I mean, you don’t have to. It was just a thought. I thought it might be nice, since we haven’t seen each other in a few years. Well, uhm, I have to go, so, uhm, call me back, okay? Bye.”

I ended the phone call and sighed. My parents got a divorce 10 years ago, when I was only 8. Dad moved to Seattle after that. I haven’t seen him since. He calls on my birthday and Christmas. And that’s all I’ve heard from him over the last ten years. I was hoped he would come to the concert in Seattle. I really wanted him to be proud of me. After all, he is my father.

-

I had everything packed for the tour. We were leaving the next morning. I looked around my bedroom, taking in everything that I wouldn’t be seeing for a whole summer. I saw my guitar sitting on top of my suitcases, and decided to play it for a while. I played the first song I ever wrote. My sister had just broken up with a boyfriend, and I wanted to make her feel better, so I sat down and wrote it.

When you’re all alone and you need a light,
Someone to guide you through the night,
Just remember that I am here to hold you close and dry your tears.

Oh, oh.

And just when you thought you were falling,
But you know I’ll always be right there.

When you’re all alone and you need a friend,
Someone to help you to the end,
When you need someone to catch you when you fall,
I’ll be there through it all.

Oh, oh.

And just when you thought you were losing,
But you know I’ll always be right there,
And I’ll be there through the good times and the bad,
And we’ll be there for each other, ‘cause you’re the best friend I ever had.

Oh, oh.

And just when you thought you were falling,
But you know I’ll always be right there.

Oh, oh.

Whenever you need me, I’ll always be right there.

Oh, oh.

I’ll always be right there.


[A/N: I'll Always Be Right There by Michelle Branch]

I finished the song and put my guitar down. Suddenly, I heard someone clap their hands behind me. I turned around.

“Oh, hi mom. I didn’t know you were there.” I said.

She walked into my room and sat on the bed next to me. She gave me a sad smile.

“I’m going to miss you.” She said.

“I’m going to miss you too.” I replied, trying to fight back the tears that were finding a way to my eyes. Mom reached over and hugged me. “But, I’ll call you every day, okay?”

“Well, you better, missy.” She said. “I already have one daughter I barely hear from, so don’t you do the same.”

“I won’t.” I said.

“You should probably get to sleep. Big day tomorrow.” She said.

“Yeah. Goodnight mommy.” I said, kissing her cheek.

“Goodnight honey.” She replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is going to be updated rather slowly, since my exams start tomorrow. I should be studying right now XD But, they will be over in about two weeks, and then I have a week off, so.. XD
Let me know what you think XD The Jonas Brothers are going to be in the next chapter.