Let's Get These Teen Hearts Beating Faster

Chapter Two.

I walked through a field filled with pony’s, when I suddenly saw a unicorn. I ran towards it, and touched it.

‘Joe.’ It said suddenly. I was shocked. I didn’t know unicorns could talk.

‘Joe! Wake up!’ it said. Huh?


“JOSEPH! Get your but out of bed!” I slowly opened my eyes and saw Kevin standing next to my bed.

“Okay, okay. Dude, relax.” I said.

“Joe, I’ve been calling your name for 10 minutes..” he said, annoyed.

“I’m sorry.” I said, “I was having a nice dream.” Kevin rolled his eyes.

“Whatever, you should get ready. We have to leave in 45 minutes.” He said.

“Where are we going?” I asked. Kevin looked at me as if I were crazy.

“Well, I don’t know.” He said. “Where could we possibly be going? Oh yeah, we’re going on tour, you idiot!”

“Hey, hey. No need for name-calling.” I said, throwing the covers off of me. I walked into my bathroom and got ready for the day.

-

We arrived at the parking lot where we were going to get on the busses. We got out of the car and were greeted by Mr. Burton from Hollywood Records.

“Hello boys.” He said, shaking each of our hands.

“Hi, Mr. Burton.” Kevin said. “It’s been a while. I didn’t know you would be joining us on this tour.” Mr. Burton smiled.

“Oh, I’m not. I’m just here to make sure everything goes alright.” He said “And to introduce you to your opening act. She should be hear any minute now.”

“What was her name again?” I asked. Nick and Kevin looked at me with incredulous looks on their faces.

“You’re unbelievable, Joe.” Nick said. “Her name is Bella Walker. She’s 18 and she’s from Newport.”

“Oh, there she is now.” Mr. Burton said, pointing behind me.

I turned around and saw a dark car driving towards us. When it had come to a stop, a girl stepped out of the driver’s side. She had brown hair that came a bit past her shoulders, and brown eyes. She looked kind of cute, but she was still too far away to be able to tell. She walked to the trunk of the car together with the woman that was in the car with her. I assumed it was her mother. I saw them taking a bunch of suitcases out of the car, and they came our way carrying four suitcases. Each. I decided to be a gentleman and help them.

“I’ll take those.” I said, as I approached them, and I took two suitcases from the girl. Kevin and Nick were soon at my side, taking suitcases from her mother. We put the suitcases down in front of the bus that she would be staying in.

“So, you must be Bella?” Nick said, extending his hand.

“That’s me.” She said, shaking his hand.

“Well, I’m Nick.” He said.

“I’m Kevin.” Kevin said, shaking her hand as well.

She looked over at me. I smiled at her. She really was pretty.

“I’m Joe.” I said, taking her hand in mine, and bringing it to my lips to kiss it. I noticed her cheeks slightly reddening.

“Bella? That means beautiful, right?” I asked her. She nodded. “Well, then it suites you just perfectly.” I said, letting go of her hand. This only caused her to blush even harder.

“Uhm.. thank you.” She said, avoiding to look at me. I smiled. From the corner of my eye, I noticed my brothers rolling their eyes.

Mr. Burton, who had been standing a little further with Bella’s mother, approached us.

“Hi, Bella.” He said. “I have to leave in a few minutes, so I’ll make this quick. This is your bus. You will be staying on it, together with Ella, your personal assistant. She will be joining you tomorrow. There are 4 more bunks on the bus, so if you want to invite a friend or your mother to join you for a few days, there’s plenty of room. Do you have any more questions?” he asked her.

“No, sir.” She said.

“Okay, I’ll be heading off then. Have fun on the tour, and I’m sure that if you have any more questions, the boys will help you out.”

“Definitely.” I said.

“Bye, Bella.” He said, shaking her hand. After that, he shook our hands and said farewell to our parents.

“Well, Bella, are you ready to leave?” my father asked her.

“Oh, I guess. I just have to say goodbye to my mom.” She said.

She walked of to her mother and I saw them talk and hug. When she came back her eyes were red and she was about to cry.

“Are you okay?” I asked her.

“Yes, I’m fine.” She said, adding a sad smile.

“Do you want to ride on our bus for today?” I asked her. “You’d be pretty lonely on your bus at the moment, and this way we can get to know you better.”

“Yeah, that would be nice.” She said.

-

We sat in the back lounge of the tour bus. We had just watched a movie, when I suddenly had the greatest idea I’ve ever had.

“Hey, Bella.” I said. She looked at me. “Why don’t you play us one of your songs?” I asked.

“Oh.. uhm.. I guess..” She said. “Do you have a guitar I can borrow?” she asked.

“Yeah, sure.” Nick said. He disappeared into the bunk area for a few seconds, before returning with his guitar.

“Okay, so this one’s called ‘A Place in this World’”. She said, before she started singing.

I don’t know what I want, so don’t ask me,
‘Cause I’m still trying to figure it out,
Don’t know what’s down this road, I’m just walking,
Trying to see through the rain coming down,
Even though I’m not the only one,
Who feels the way I do.

I’m alone, on my own, and that’s all I know,
I’ll be strong, I’ll be wrong, oh but life goes on,
I’m just a girl, trying to find a place in this world.

Got the radio on, my old blue jeans,
And I’m wearing my heart on my sleeve,
Feeling lucky today, got the sunshine,
Could you tell me, what more do I need,
And tomorrow’s just a mystery, oh yeah,
But that’s okay.

I’m alone, on my own, and that’s all I know,
I’ll be strong, I’ll be wrong, oh but life goes on,
I’m just a girl, trying to find a place in this world.

Maybe I’m just a girl on a mission,
But I’m ready to fly.

I’m alone, on my own, and that’s all I know,
I’ll be strong, I’ll be wrong, oh but life goes on,
Oh, I’m alone, one my own, and that’s all I know,
I’m just a girl, trying to find a place in this world.

Oh, I’m just a girl,
Oh, I’m just a girl,
Oh, oh,
Oh, I’m just a girl.


[A/N: A Place In This World by Taylor Swift]

She stopped playing. I was speechless. The song was amazing, and her voice was.. just.. wow.. I looked at my brothers, and saw that they were just as impressed as I was. Bella looked at us.

“So, uhm, what do you think?” she asked, “Am I worthy of opening for you?”

“Are you kidding?” I said, “We should be the ones opening for you! That was amazing. No, better than amazing, that was astonishing.” She chuckled.

“Yeah, Joe’s right. That was great.” Nick said. “We’re really happy to have you on tour with us.”

“Thanks, guys.” She said, smiling, before letting out a yawn. I looked at my watch and saw that it was 10 o’clock already.

“Wow, it’s getting late.” I said. “Maybe we should get to bed.”

“Yeah, you’re right.” Kevin said. “Bella, you can have our extra bunk.”

“Okay, thank you.” She said. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.” We all said together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter two XD